U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 09:14 PM

14,017 posts, read 17,928,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
No, but here's one for you, LOL.

It was three o'clock in the morning, and the receptionist at a
posh hotel was just dozing off, when a little old lady came running
towards her, screaming.

"Please come quickly!" she yelled, "I just saw a naked man outside
my window!!!"

The receptionist immediately rushed up to the old lady's room.

"Where is he?" asked the receptionist.

"He's over there," replied the little old lady, pointing to an
apartment building opposite the hotel.

The receptionist looked over and could see a man with no shirt on,
moving around his apartment. "It's probably a man who's getting ready
to go to bed," she said reassuringly. "And how do you know he's naked,
you can only see him from the waist up?"

"The dresser, honey!" screamed the old lady. "Try standing on the
dresser!"
I enjoyed that one, and it reminded me about the old spinster who was reporting an obscene phone call to the police: "And for an hour and a half he kept on saying the filthiest things he wanted to do with me!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,609,304 times
Thank you, NEG and ER for my morning giggle with my coffee!!!

Snow and ice here in the mountains of NC!

Need to head back to Charlotte but will be delaying that for a bit. Get my crown (replacement for one that shattered) placed tomorrow - yay! Hoping it warms up today and melts the ice off the roads.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Get my crown (replacement for one that shattered) placed tomorrow - yay! Hoping it warms up today and melts the ice off the roads.
I need a crown replaced, to the tune of $1200. Is it worth it to travel south for a better cost?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I need a crown replaced, to the tune of $1200. Is it worth it to travel south for a better cost?
Um, my final cost will be over $2100. Dental costs are outrageous here. It would have been cheaper for me to drive or fly to Kansas and get my former dentist to do this crown. I actually thought about that. I could have gotten in a trip, visited with friends . . . but it takes 2 weeks from temporary to crown placement . . . and there were things I needed to do here during that period.

Something most folks are not aware of . . . medical and dental are both higher here than in most of the country.

In fact, Charlotte was ranked as one of the most expensive places in the country for medical care -- in a report several years ago.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 AM

A recent editorial in the Charlotte Observer re: medical costs/hospital charges in NC . . .

Overhaul greedy hospitals : NC SPIN Balanced Debate for the Old North State

Old 03-26-2014, 12:54 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
Quote:
Um, my final cost will be over $2100. Dental costs are outrageous here. It would have been cheaper for me to drive or fly to Kansas and get my former dentist to do this crown. I actually thought about that. I could have gotten in a trip, visited with friends . . . but it takes 2 weeks from temporary to crown placement . . . and there were things I needed to do here during that period.

Something most folks are not aware of . . . medical and dental are both higher here than in most of the country.

In fact, Charlotte was ranked as one of the most expensive places in the country for medical care -- in a report several years ago.
Yeow. I guess I'll feel lucky.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:18 PM

705 posts, read 808,227 times
Quote:

Yikes! Come to Greenville, SC. You can get a crown for $600!

Old 03-26-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
Yikes! Come to Greenville, SC. You can get a crown for $600!
??? Really? That is not too far to travel, at all.

Any links or info you can share?

I appreciate any info!

Old 03-26-2014, 02:59 PM

705 posts, read 808,227 times
Quote:
??? Really? That is not too far to travel, at all.

Any links or info you can share?

I appreciate any info!
Dr. Jack Davis
Greer, SC (on Wade Hampton Blvd)
864-877-4284

He came recommended by someone on the Greenville/Spartanburg site here. We just moved here the end of January, and I thought I was going to need a crown replacement, but, I did not. He was able to do something to the existing, some filing of sorts. I also had exam/xrays, and one of the best cleanings I've ever had for $65. The person who recommended him told me it would be $600 for the crown, and the hygienist confirmed. Luckily, I did not need one. Call the office, with further questions and see what you think.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv2trvl View Post
Dr. Jack Davis
Greer, SC (on Wade Hampton Blvd)
864-877-4284

He came recommended by someone on the Greenville/Spartanburg site here. We just moved here the end of January, and I thought I was going to need a crown replacement, but, I did not. He was able to do something to the existing, some filing of sorts. I also had exam/xrays, and one of the best cleanings I've ever had for $65. The person who recommended him told me it would be $600 for the crown, and the hygienist confirmed. Luckily, I did not need one. Call the office, with further questions and see what you think.
I am amazed! Thank you so much for this! Too late to do anything about this particular crown, but I have a crack in another crown and doubtless, it won't be too long before it goes, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement