U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-07-2014, 10:46 AM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Reputation: 16359

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
Don't you hate it when a gang of Messies breaks in to your place while you're gone and does that. It's happened to me more than a few times.

Take a good long rest, vacations can be so draining.
Those darn messies. It was winter here when I had to pack so I had to dig out all the spring stuff to decide what to take. I now have winter & spring clothes everywhere

Your brain behaves much the same when you are drunk as when you are sleep deprived. I drove back from FL in 2 days and actually got lost in my own city - in areas I was very familiar with - thought I had lost my mine. I read that when you drive for long periods your focus is generally on the road - the lines - the tail lights and this can all become very hypnotizing. After my FL trip I recognized the symptoms last night when I had been staring at tail lights for hours - I looked up and it seemed like there was a canopy of sorts above when it as only the night sky illuminated by a partial moon - giving it a light black color. I started to constantly shift my focus.

I was determined to drive through until I got home - one more unload and move into a motel and then reloading the car while keeping a dog quiet was the greater of 2 evils. Glad I did it.

Now - where is my mail???? At the post office~~~~~

 
Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 PM
 
Location: SoCal desert
8,092 posts, read 13,357,744 times
Reputation: 14875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I just tried the eraser and couldn't get it to work. The stylus has a soft, pliable round tip and may have some magical qualities as well.

A hard eraser may damage the screen. They aren't expensive - can't remember exactly but perhaps around $10.
Thanks for checking - I didn't want to spend if a cheaper eraser would work. Thought maybe it was the manufacturer saying I had to have a stylus. Oh well. So I've put it on my list for the next time I go to town.

And welcome back - though I really wish I could have repped you for all those phone postings. Every one made me laugh ... "Umbria does not make typos!"
 
Old 04-07-2014, 01:57 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Just wanted to tell you guys something funny that happened today. I was on my way to work and got behind this little ol' lady doing 25 in a 35. I followed her for about a mile and we made it to the next long red light. As I was driving though I kept thinking, "Lady, could you GO any SLOWER???". Get to red light and see this little sign in her back window. It says..."Why YES, I CAN go slower!". Have to tell you that totally cracked me up and still does. But talk about comeuppance!!

Just thought you'd enjoy that...lol

WOW! I just noticed I now have TWO stars! Yay me...
ROFL!!! Okay - that is priceless! I wonder if one of her grandchildren got that for her????? :-)

And a big GRATS on your additional star!
 
Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 PM
 
Location: Nebraska
1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
Reputation: 1030
My wife has started the countdown to the end of school year. She is about as bad as the children are.
 
Old 04-07-2014, 08:33 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Reputation: 34750
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Just wanted to tell you guys something funny that happened today. I was on my way to work and got behind this little ol' lady doing 25 in a 35. I followed her for about a mile and we made it to the next long red light. As I was driving though I kept thinking, "Lady, could you GO any SLOWER???". Get to red light and see this little sign in her back window. It says..."Why YES, I CAN go slower!". Have to tell you that totally cracked me up and still does. But talk about comeuppance!!

Just thought you'd enjoy that...lol

WOW! I just noticed I now have TWO stars! Yay me...
That's hilarious. Just what you were thinking.

Congrats on your new star. I'll see if I can rep you for that and give you another point towards star #3.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
 
Old 04-07-2014, 10:23 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
ROFL!!! Okay - that is priceless! I wonder if one of her grandchildren got that for her????? :-)

And a big GRATS on your additional star!
Thanks. It was funny and I still snicker when I think about it. Whoever got it for her is a genius! lol

And thanks about the star too!
 
Old 04-07-2014, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
That's hilarious. Just what you were thinking.

Congrats on your new star. I'll see if I can rep you for that and give you another point towards star #3.
I was so surprised to see that and, literally, laughed out loud! Still laughing about it.

Thanks on the star. Never thought I'd get one let alone two. Maybe my posting is picking up...
 
Old 04-08-2014, 04:27 AM
 
8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
Reputation: 18521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
The stylus has a soft, pliable round tip and may have some magical qualities as well.

A hard eraser may damage the screen. They aren't expensive - can't remember exactly but perhaps around $10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Thanks for checking - I didn't want to spend if a cheaper eraser would work. Thought maybe it was the manufacturer saying I had to have a stylus. Oh well. So I've put it on my list for the next time I go to town.
You can get a stylus for less than you'd have to pay for an eraser. Here's a package of 4, for example, for a total price of 93 cents.

Amazon.com: Bluecell 4 Pack of Purple Pink Stylus Universal Touch Screen Pen for Ipad 2 Ipod Iphone 4,4S,Kindle Fire,3g 3gs, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 10.1, Blackberry Playbook HTC Flyer Tablet: Kindle Store
 
Old 04-08-2014, 09:54 AM
 
Location: SoCal
6,096 posts, read 9,651,342 times
Reputation: 5882
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yes, you need a stylus if your fingers won't do. They do have 'magic'. But I wouldn't buy a stylus on-line. The stylus that worked just fine with my iPad didn't work so well on my Android. I still don't know exactly why and haven't bothered to research it. I just tried other stylii (I just made that plural workd up) until I found one that worked.
 
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM
 
Location: SoCal desert
8,092 posts, read 13,357,744 times
Reputation: 14875
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Thanks!
(Plus shipping, LOL)

I have a Staples and a Dollar Store right next to each other in town. Tomorrow is "In Town Day"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top