U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 07:53 AM

30,033 posts, read 35,213,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Let us know what you forgot.

If you remember.

LOL.

Sounds like a lovely day, Tuborg!!!!
To many things to try to remember. Thanks for reminding me what I did yesterday. Today is the annual Clam Chowder cook off . To much sodium but some darn good Chowder .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 07:55 AM

Now is when Umbria should have been in NC and got a taste of Carolina Spring Heaven

Old 04-12-2014, 08:09 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,468,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Now is when Umbria should have been in NC and got a taste of Carolina Spring Heaven
"I'll be back~~~~~~" Lots of trees were in bloom - the pear tree was gorgeous - beautiful shape. I understand it will eventually spilt down the middle due to the thin trunk. Also saw the tulip tree in bloom. I brought lots of the yellow pollen home with me. You'd think it would have blown off but no.

Not many places where you can walk on the beach in the a.m. and walk in the mountains in the p.m.

Love clam chaudah

Old 04-12-2014, 08:18 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,468,919 times
Default A little Sat rant~~

I came home to see that once again they have torn up every darn street in the entire area. The most direct route had one lane open when I drove through at 12:30 a.m. and was totally closed the next morning. Now we have to drive a mile out of our way to get to grocery etc... which is less than a mile from here. It will stay that way til 2 weeks before the next snow.

They are renovating the bridge so last night - all night - I heard thud thud wham thud thud wham~~ALL night. They closed down a main interstate til Mon a.m. to get that part done.

OK - carry on.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,422,001 times
Prayers out to you Clark, I know that feeling.........that is lovely you went to see the play, the students must love you.

Yep, Umbria, it's road construction season! Yippee

Old 04-12-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
"I'll be back~~~~~~" Lots of trees were in bloom - the pear tree was gorgeous - beautiful shape. I understand it will eventually spilt down the middle due to the thin trunk. Also saw the tulip tree in bloom. I brought lots of the yellow pollen home with me. You'd think it would have blown off but no.

Not many places where you can walk on the beach in the a.m. and walk in the mountains in the p.m.

Love clam chaudah
We love Chowdah Sodium and all
But not overkill, the festival is verrrry close to Southport. Just a ferry ride away.

Old 04-12-2014, 12:28 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,609,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
To many things to try to remember. Thanks for reminding me what I did yesterday. Today is the annual Clam Chowder cook off . To much sodium but some darn good Chowder .
Oh, wow - that sounds like HEAVEN!

Beautiful weather in the mountains today . . . everyone and his/her dog and best friend is out and about today, lol. It is as though the floodgates were opened and people are pouring out into the daylight!!!!

Too much congestion for me . . . so I retreated back home and decided to do the laundry -- and read for a while outside.

We are going to have a hard freeze two nights this coming week, but for all "practical purposes," SPRING IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

Enjoy your day, Tuborg!!!

Old 04-12-2014, 03:52 PM

22,606 posts, read 12,478,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
"I'll be back~~~~~~" Lots of trees were in bloom - the pear tree was gorgeous - beautiful shape. I understand it will eventually spilt down the middle due to the thin trunk. Also saw the tulip tree in bloom ...

Last week spring burst out around here in a big way. All the forsythia, daffodils, redbuds, cherry trees, magnolias are in peak bloom.

It is 75 F today and is very sunny ... more like summer than spring. I decided to walk to my favorite coffee shop for breakfast this morning (still humming to myself the songs from last night's performance of Rent), about 10 blocks from my house. On the way to the coffee shop, just two blocks from my home was a magnolia tree in the front yard of a large old Victorian mansion in full bloom. I never saw a magnolia as big as this ... at least 40 or 50 feet tall, as tall as the four story house itself, with an impressive canopy completely covered with orchid-pink tinged white blossoms. The very breeze was perfumed with it's gorgeous scent.

Old 04-12-2014, 04:38 PM

22,606 posts, read 12,478,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Prayers out to you Clark, I know that feeling.........that is lovely you went to see the play, the students must love you.
Yes, they love me and I love them. I am becoming an institution at the University of Pennsylvania. I have several "pets" including a few foreign exchange students.

Thank you.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:28 PM

7,322 posts, read 7,121,885 times
Wisteria is gorgeous now here in Hotlanta. All the blooming trees and jonquils were more beautiful than usual this year. I wonder if maybe that is because of the extra snow we had this winter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement