U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2014, 03:15 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times

Advertisements

I had such a crush on...what was his name? Cheyenne.

For tv shows, Bonanza, Mickey Mouse Club, Leave it to Beaver.

(for the women out there, some of the shows had real hunks--not only Cheyenne but Adam Cartwright on Bonanza, and that Troy something on Adventures in Paradise. Not to mention Tom Selleck later on.)

Old 05-04-2014, 03:29 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Well, let's see . . . I loved the Carol Burnett show (and PHXBARB: you are not alone! I still laugh so hard at that whole skit!!!)

50s, 60s, and 70s all kind of run together for me when thinking about TV shows: Star Trek (the original, of course) . . . Mission Impossible . . . Gunsmoke . . . Alfred Hitchcock . . . The Andy Griffith Show . . . McMillan & Wife . . . the Dinah Shore Show . . . Lucy . . . and when I was tiny, I was watching the Rosemary Clooney Show and The Honeymooners . . . then there was Father Knows Best . . . the Nelsons . . . Lassie . . . Ed Sullivan . . . Perry Mason . . . Bob Newhart. . . All in the Family . . . I Dream of Jeannie . . . The Fugitive . . . Combat . . . and I can't remember when the Mary Tyler Moore show was on (70s?) . . . and one of my all time favorites probably wasn't til the late 70s-early 80s - MAGNUM P.I. :-)

Old 05-04-2014, 03:45 PM

2,635 posts, read 5,008,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I had such a crush on...what was his name? Cheyenne.

For tv shows, Bonanza, Mickey Mouse Club, Leave it to Beaver.

(for the women out there, some of the shows had real hunks--not only Cheyenne but Adam Cartwright on Bonanza, and that Troy something on Adventures in Paradise. Not to mention Tom Selleck later on.)
I agree with each of your choices although I always liked 'Little Joe' over Adam....

Old 05-04-2014, 05:19 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,484,853 times
I have a deep dark confession to make ... here it is ... some of the shows on TV I loved included:
  • Gilligan's Island
  • McHale's Navy
  • Mr. Ed
  • The Addams Family
  • The Patty Duke Show
  • Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea
  • My Favorite Martian
  • Get Smart
  • Wild, Wild West
  • The Munsters
  • The Donna Reed Show
  • F Troop
A lot of them had such silly, stupid prefaces ... "Identical Cousins" - really ... and a talking horse. But when you're a kid it's such jolly good fun!

Of course, some where really good dramas and science fiction like Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone."

Old 05-04-2014, 06:50 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I have a deep dark confession to make ... here it is ... some of the shows on TV I loved included:
  • Gilligan's Island
  • McHale's Navy
  • Mr. Ed
  • The Addams Family
  • The Patty Duke Show
  • My Favorite Martian
  • Get Smart
  • Wild, Wild West
  • The Munsters
  • The Donna Reed Show
  • F Troop
A lot of them had such silly, stupid prefaces ... "Identical Cousins" - really ... and a talking horse. But when you're a kid it's such jolly good fun!

Of course, some where really good dramas and science fiction like Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone."
I faithfully watched the Patty Duke Show - and Donna Reed, as well.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:41 PM

25,604 posts, read 24,500,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
  • Gilligan's Island
  • McHale's Navy
  • Mr. Ed
  • The Addams Family
  • The Patty Duke Show
  • My Favorite Martian
  • Get Smart
  • Wild, Wild West
  • The Munsters
  • The Donna Reed Show
  • F Troop

Don't forget Leave It to Beaver, Combat and The Rifleman.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:56 AM

1,594 posts, read 2,238,491 times
Hogan's Heroes, with Colonel Klink and the sergeant.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
As a little kid I much preferred the shows that featured animals - Rin, Tin, Tin, Lassie, Sargent Preston of the Yukon, etc. While I liked the character of Ed Norton on the Honeymooners I found that Ralphs threats of domestic violence struck a little too close to home and were not at all funny to me.

I didn't much care for Romper Room or later, The Mickey Mouse Club. I did like The Ozzie & Harriet show and My Three Sons. I was never a big fan of cartoons either but did like Rocky and Bullwinkle and the one with Yogi and Boo-Boo bear.

I do recall that Leonard Bernstein did a series of young peoples concerts that taught a lot about music and I enjoyed those a great deal.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 AM

6,096 posts, read 9,651,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL!!

Hmmm. I had her going to St. Louis and then deciding to leave for San Francisco, where she once again bought a lumber mill, made gobs of money, built herself a mansion on one of SF's hills . . .

And of course, Rhett DID show up . . . He had followed the gold west, too!
I hadn't heard that lumber mills made gobs of money. But during the gold rush it was the provisioners who got wealthy.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM

6,096 posts, read 9,651,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
...While I liked the character of Ed Norton on the Honeymooners I found that Ralphs threats of domestic violence struck a little too close to home and were not at all funny to me.....
I liked/disliked I Love Lucy for a similar reason. I thought she made herself out to be just too much of a doormat. Sometimes I found it more offensive than funny.

The irony of this is that all along it was she who was running that entire enterprise!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement