U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2014, 01:05 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Myopic Pinocchios?

What can I say~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-11-2014, 06:21 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
lol. you guys are great!

Hope you have all had a good day. We headed to the mountains. A perfectly beautiful day. Sun is setting and the birds are still chirping and singing! Spring is in full bloom and I am treasuring every minute!

:-)

Old 05-12-2014, 09:56 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
It rained so hard last night, that at one point it looked like I had a lake in my backyard.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:35 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
Yesterday was a mixed day.

For the good: I went up to Blacksburg and saw a podiatrist and got my feet worked on - mainly ingrown toenails and so now my feet are happy. I also dropped off a couple of old, small fire extinguishers that are the non rechargeable type. (part of the ongoing clean out inspired by the Seniors, Please clean out thread). I also resisted the urge to stop in at B & N bookstore and Big Lots.

Got home to find that I'd received a small booklet from the Medicare administration in the mail. I meet with someone from the local Agency on Aging tomorrow to discuss my options on Medicare supplements so this was perfectly timed.

Not so good: Blacksburg set a new record high temp for the day and the A/C in my Suburban is kaput. The hour long drive home during the warmest part of the day was not fun. Stopped in at my mechanics on the way home and he said it's the compressor and I'll take it in to have him replace it on Friday. So I guess it was a good thing that when I stopped at Best Buy to see about a new DVD player they were out of stock on the one I wanted. My old one hasn't died yet but I'd decided it might be time for a new once since so many DVD's seem to not want to play in it. I've been reluctant to replace the old one since it's a dual deck and also plays VCR tapes.

More for the good: I will go through all the tapes I have and see if there are a few that I might like to replace with DVD versions and get rid of the rest.

------------

Big storm expected tomorrow, 3 to 4 inches of rain and a flash flood watch has already posted. Big old Zack the dog will be miserable so perhaps I will see about rescheduling my appt so that I can at least be here with him to help mitigate his fear of the scary big dog in the sky (thunder).

Old 05-14-2014, 08:13 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Hey, Zug, my stepmom has ingrown toenails and she swears that the nail salon does a better job tha her podiatrist, but because Medicare doesn't cover the salon she suffers at the podiatrist. Just a suggestion.......

Let me know (I repped you some info) on that compressor, need year and engine size to find you a used one nearby. They are pricey new.

Another lovely night of getting up a bunch of times and keeping DH awake. Gotta love menopause. At least I don't have any mysterious bruises.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:42 AM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
I'm tehnologically challenged, but I just installed imgr on my phone and I'm going to attempt to upload a photo for the first time. I figured the chat thread would be a good place to practice, lol. I'll take a picture of the ocean from my living room and see if this works.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:13 AM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
Well, it worked - sort of. I see that C/D had to resize it to make it smaller. Can anyone tell me why the original file was apparently much larger and what I need to do to fix this issue for next time?

Old 05-14-2014, 12:02 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times
What a beautiful picture and location. I can almost see you laying back and perusing that magazine, looking up to take in the view and letting out a sigh of happiness.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:58 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
MMoB, check your settings menu on that app, can you choose your photo size? On my dig camera I choose PC size.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:58 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,357,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm tehnologically challenged, but I just installed imgr on my phone and I'm going to attempt to upload a photo for the first time. I figured the chat thread would be a good place to practice, lol. I'll take a picture of the ocean from my living room and see if this works.
Nice view - gotta be a story behind the pinecones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement