U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 PM

22,606 posts, read 12,480,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthur View Post
We had the same, tennis ball size hail. I wasn't as smart as you. 2 of my cars were out and have hail damage, however my newest car was in the garage (so I guess that is something). I was watching the local weather 3,6, and 7 and they had not mentioned any storms in my area and the radar didn't show any and within mins we were hit ...
Yikes. Hail! I swear I only experienced hail may 3 or 4 times in my entire life. Once in Miami. Nothing larger than the of a pea or a marble, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post

Happy birthday, Clark, the menu looks wonderful. What a nice gaagn you have at your place. I think it would make a great TV show IMHO.
Yep ... a weird male version of the The Golden Girls, except none of us are retired and range in age from late forties to 60 ... a macho blue collar cook from South Philly who is 1/2 Italian, 1/4 Portuguese, and 1/4 Chinese who overcame alcoholism issues years ago ... a light-skinned Afro-Caribbean-American Harvard educated distinguished professor at Drexel University for nearly 20 years from Washington, DC whose father was a pharmacist and mother was an educator and high school principal ... a gay cop who was born in NYC and served in the UK's Royal Merchant Navy and is of Jewish heritage and loves Klezmer music ... and a highly spiritual meditating Zen Buddhist yoga practicing housepainter/plumber/electrician ... but mostly a carpenter from Fort Pierce, Florida. All living in a 120 year old Victorian three story house.

If they made a TV show based on the above facts no one would believe it.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:56 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,164,004 times
Services for poet of international acclaim, Maya Angelou:

LA Times

Her signature poem: Caged Bird by Maya Angelou : The Poetry Foundation

“Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you.”

“Anything that works against you can also work for you once you understand the Principle of Reverse.”

—I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Old 06-04-2014, 11:04 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,019,701 times
We had a contractor come out and take a look at the house. The siding took a beating. There wasn't any major roof damage. It still will need to be repaired. Insurance adjustor will be here on Friday.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:48 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,207,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Yep ... a weird male version of the The Golden Girls, except none of us are retired and range in age from late forties to 60 ... a macho blue collar cook from South Philly who is 1/2 Italian, 1/4 Portuguese, and 1/4 Chinese who overcame alcoholism issues years ago ... a light-skinned Afro-Caribbean-American Harvard educated distinguished professor at Drexel University for nearly 20 years from Washington, DC whose father was a pharmacist and mother was an educator and high school principal ... a gay cop who was born in NYC and served in the UK's Royal Merchant Navy and is of Jewish heritage and loves Klezmer music ... and a highly spiritual meditating Zen Buddhist yoga practicing housepainter/plumber/electrician ... but mostly a carpenter from Fort Pierce, Florida. All living in a 120 year old Victorian three story house.

OK, but just for the fun of it which actors would you pick to play each of you?

Old 06-05-2014, 08:51 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
movinon, thanks for the info, I was freaking out; now it's on my palm, ouch. I'm throwing that damn Zyrtec out.

BJW, here's to swift repairs

Clark, my step dad loved Klezmer music.

Well, if you won't consider an A&E reality show, I think the storyline is book worthy. There is a poster here, darstar, who is a published writer.......

{{{{{{{ZUGOR}}}}}}} how are you feeling?????

Old 06-05-2014, 09:07 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
Yes, zugor - how are you feeling? How did the surgery go?

Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Yep ... a weird male version of the The Golden Girls, except none of us are retired and range in age from late forties to 60 ... a macho blue collar cook from South Philly who is 1/2 Italian, 1/4 Portuguese, and 1/4 Chinese who overcame alcoholism issues years ago

Robert DeNiro, Tommy Lee Jones

... a light-skinned Afro-Caribbean-American Harvard educated distinguished professor at Drexel University for nearly 20 years from Washington, DC whose father was a pharmacist and mother was an educator and high school principal

Morgan Freeman, Eddie Murphy or Danny Glover

... a gay cop who was born in NYC and served in the UK's Royal Merchant Navy and is of Jewish heritage and loves Klezmer music

Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Gene Wilder

... and a highly spiritual meditating Zen Buddhist yoga practicing housepainter/plumber/electrician ... but mostly a carpenter from Fort Pierce, Florida. All living in a 120 year old Victorian three story house.

Brad Pitt or Bruce Dern, Liam Neeson, Val Kilmer?

Old 06-05-2014, 03:01 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,164,004 times
Looking through the brochures I just got for summer theater in the Berkshires, I'm itching to get to something soon. Barrington Stage, Berkshire Theater Group, Williamstown Playhouse, etc all have some great offerings. When we lived in mid-Missouri, we loved going to the Arrow Rock Lyceum Theater, a professional regional theater out in the middle of nowhere, 5-star productions.

Do you love summer theater and what are you going to see?

Old 06-05-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
... a gay cop who was born in NYC and served in the UK's Royal Merchant Navy and is of Jewish heritage and loves Klezmer music
[quote - CCc girl] Tom Hanks, ... [/quote]

Ummmm ...

When Officer Clark was 30 (when this picture was taken) his friends mentioned that he had a very slight and vague resemblance to Tom Hanks.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement