U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 07:40 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times

Advertisements

Good morning, all!

I have not taken time to read on this thread or on the forum, but just wanted to update you about hubby's surgery. He has done remarkably well. He is tough and a fighter.

He came out of ICU Fri, was moved to step-down and has met all his goals thus far.

Just wanted to pop in and thank you again for your prayers, good wishes, white light, healing thoughts and messages.

I hope everyone has a very pleasant Sunday. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 07:47 AM

2,634 posts, read 5,005,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Good morning, all!

I have not taken time to read on this thread or on the forum, but just wanted to update you about hubby's surgery. He has done remarkably well. He is tough and a fighter.

He came out of ICU Fri, was moved to step-down and has met all his goals thus far.

Just wanted to pop in and thank you again for your prayers, good wishes, white light, healing thoughts and messages.

Wonderful news! May he continue to improve!

Old 06-08-2014, 10:00 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,164,004 times
Quote:
Good morning, all!

Thank you for updating us. Hoping for easier sailing now, and lots of R & R for you both!

Old 06-08-2014, 12:31 PM

494 posts, read 890,109 times
Quote:
Good morning, all!

Wonderful news, Ani! Thanks for the update, and best wishes to both of you.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:36 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,353,017 times
Quote:
Yay for Mr. Anifani!

Old 06-08-2014, 07:55 PM

20,316 posts, read 19,292,057 times
Quote:
Good morning, all!

That's such good news. Hope he remains tough and keeps fighting and that he will WIN!

Old 06-09-2014, 06:12 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Apparently Bactrim does not mix well with allergy meds and Zyrtec as I now m covered in an itchy rash neck to knees. Lanacane won't even stop the itch. So off meds for two days to clear up. At least the sinus infection I have had for ten freaking months is finally going away, God/dess bless my country doctor.

The same thing happened to me from Bactrim. I was also taking Zyrtec at the time. I had the rash front to back, top to bottom. The doctor put me on prednisone, ranitidine, and Atarax, but I still was scratching myself raw. Lanacaine did nothing for me, either. Then I tried aloe vera gel and that stopped the itching. Since then, I've told friends who had similar reactions and they've had success with it too. I suppose you could use aloe vera juice, too. At any rate, it might be worth a try. Hope you feel better soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Just had a course of Prednisone for undocumented virus of unknown origin. Yes, I was jittery too. My eyes got all blurry and my tongue got white. When I started itching in that secret place, I realized I had candida yeast infection and went to the store to get Nizoral inserts. The Prednisone has to be tapered off gradually so don't stop it suddenly. It did help me with the virus, but I had no appetite and did not gain a pound, which is usually one of the side effects. Hope it helps you !
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Bactrim-- that is ringing a bell. I had that for a sinus infection a few years ago and was really sick from it. I have it written down somewhere in the notes I keep. I had to get off it and get another antibiotic. They also tried steroids and I got sick within a day or so and had to get off them.

If you're on antibiotics you really shouldn't be eating sweet things like soda or you could get a yeast infection. I hope you get better really soon.

Re: Tanglewood. I used to go all the time with my Ex. He was avidly into classical music and would get season tickets. The grounds are very beautiful and the whole area is really upscale and fancy. We lived withing driving distance back then. I don't go anymore--it's way too far from where I live now. I have been checking summer theater but can't find anything that I haven't already seen (a long time ago--but still, if I'm going to go I want to see something I haven't seen before.) There's a good one at the Cape but odds are we won't get out there again this summer.

Thanks, guys. I was up all night scratching, my face, neck and back are almost clear but my arms are still red and bumpy. The itch is driving me nuts. Lanacane and Benadryl gel won't touch it. Cortizone helps a little but not much.

I had the pharmacy put in my record that I am allergic to sulpha drugs.

One encouraging thing; the pharmacist's GP is the doc I am seeing.

Quote:
Good morning, all!

Good news, Ani, we are blessed.

Old 06-09-2014, 01:09 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,353,017 times
CCc girl -

I was a 'scratcher' when I was little, mosquitoes flocked to me. My Mom used to make up an oatmeal paste, smear it on me and make me sit still for 15 to 30 minutes before washing it off. It helped immensely. I think it was oatmeal and baking soda? Baking powder? Not sure. It's probably on the web someplace.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:00 PM

6,182 posts, read 9,240,764 times
When I had chickenpox, my mother covered me in Calamine lotion which seemed to help alot, but I was all pink.

Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,141,323 times
Default CCC Girl - Another Thought

You said I had the pharmacy put in my record that I am allergic to sulpha drugs.

Remember to mention it to your veterinarian, too. TMZ-SMP (or any of the other names/acronyms that Trimethoprim Sulfamethoxazole or equivalent go by) is commonly prescribed for our critters, too. I've used it for my horses, especially. Be sure to wear gloves when you handle it. It dissolves easily so at least you shouldn't have to grind or smash it up. Hopefully you'll never have to use it, but it's commonly prescribed in my neck of the woods in Northern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement