U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2014, 10:50 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times

Advertisements

LMFAO I meant the Xanax for him harharharhar...

Is he mobile? Mine needs a cane for balance.......

Old 07-08-2014, 11:47 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LMFAO I meant the Xanax for him harharharhar...

Is he mobile? Mine needs a cane for balance.......
LOLOLOL - heck, I need the xanax!!! Yes, he does have a script for xanax but has refused to take it. As of yesterday, I did get him to take one in the morning and one in the evening, as prescribed. It did help with attitude. Not sure whether he was compliant with xanax this morning as I got the lecture on "managing him" and that he was capable of taking his own meds, back off, thank you very much.

He is not as mobile as he likes to pretend he is, if that makes sense. He doesn't want to use a cane or walker so tries to ambulate at times and in situations when he shouldn't - due to a combination of lack of stamina and muscle atrophy in his legs. So he is not stable, but he won't admit it and therefore won't compensate for it by using a cane or walker. If he can make it to the entry of the grocery store, he can use one of those "scooter" type carts. Same for Wal-Mart and Lowes.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:37 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Yep, same here, good old pride. He would sooner take a fork in the eye than use a scooter. He won't do the cane in public. On the plus side he hates to shop so he sits in the car listening to sports radio.

I have faith it will all work out. I am done going it alone. I trust and believe. "(insert deity of choice) take the wheel.."

Old 07-08-2014, 01:19 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
There is no one to help with this situation, other than tradesmen I can hire. My problem is I can't leave hubby alone at this point. Even if there were someone who could "help" him during the day, he won't allow it.

And I can't take him back with me to the other house. Hubby has a track record of continually interferring with folks I hire (giving them conflicting directions) so having him onsite while they are on the property always ends in unsatisfactorily. He is also somewhat OCD and much worse since his surgery -- and can't endure noise or confusion (such as furniture being moved around, paint cans, people shuffling in and out, items out of place, etc). This means I can't take him back to that house, either.

And there is more, but that gives a glimpse.

So no one to call on even if there were someone to call on, lololol.

I started getting terribly depressed about all this over the weekend but then decided that it wasn't a very convenient time for me to sink into a black hole of despair, so best I just figure out how to cope in the interim.

I am thinking I will take him back later this week and be prepared, emotionally and mentally, to deal with the chaos and stress in re: to workmen.
Maybe tip off the workmen ahead of time that you're the boss, lol, and they should just "listen" to him and then carry on with your orders. Nothing worse than a guy who can't trust a woman to get things done the right way...and I've seldom met a guy who can. They all think they know it all and try to override what we know is best. Not trying to start WWIII here, but it's truth. (–:

Depression can come from simply being overwhelmed (situational depression). I seem to remember that you're an artist so how about a little sketchbook in bed at night, maybe those fine-line pens and mini-watercolor set like kids use. There's nothing more relaxing than a bit of artwork, even if it's informal and quick. (oops, unsolicited advice, lol)

Old 07-08-2014, 01:25 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is what it is for now.

I am just going to have to load up the car and take him back with me and deal with things as they arise once there.

If I took a xanax, I would fall over asleep, lol. Tried a G&T this weekend and it had a very very bad effect on my IBS. Meditation is my best ally at this point.
And dark chocolate, don't forget that. Helps with mood and not a bad substitute for other remedies.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
And dark chocolate, don't forget that. Helps with mood and not a bad substitute for other remedies.
I am okay . . . been coping with these issues for a long time, lol. Just needed a little vent.

I appreciate the concern and support. Just have to get through the next few months (and I will - I always do, lol!) and life will eventually settle down into something manageable and less stressful.

I was invited to a "paint in" at an art museum for the 26th of July. There will be a model for us as inspiration. Maybe I will see if I can arrange some time and spend a few hours amongst friends (new and old!).

For now, I will just take a nap. Got my deskwork finished up . . . naps make everything seem so much better!

Old 07-08-2014, 06:41 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
I love naps !!!

Lookie!!! Lookie !!!! I got another star !!!!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:08 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Default This is just too weird:

I received a call from my ex today and this is what happened:

He told me he just returned from Denver and while he was there he ran into a total stranger who sat and talked to him for about 30 min. He didn't seek this woman out and since they had never met before he had never shared any information with her.

She was a physic medium and she told him that his mother, father, brother and 6 other members of his family were there. There was 1 other person with them as well~~~~~my father was with his mother and wanted to say hello.

She told him many meaningful things from his family that only he and they would know.

She mentioned me by name and went into detail on the message my dad had for me. I won't go into details but this is something very meaningful to me that I had never discussed with my ex. In fact, I had never really discussed my dad with him since he had passed so long ago.

And the strange thing is, I have been thinking of him a lot over the last several months.

This is just too weird.

Last edited by Umbria; 07-08-2014 at 08:25 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I love naps !!!

Lookie!!! Lookie !!!! I got another star !!!!
I got a 45 minute nap, then went to pick up groceries we needed (dog and hubby were settled in so I felt I could leave for a while). The nap really helped.

And yes, I see that star! Congrats, Barb!!! (((hugs)))

Old 07-09-2014, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I received a call from my ex today and this is what happened:

He told me he just returned from Denver and while he was there he ran into a total stranger who sat and talked to him for about 30 min. He didn't seek this woman out and since they had never met before he had never shared any information with her.

She was a physic medium and she told him that his mother, father, brother and 6 other members of his family were there. There was 1 other person with them as well~~~~~my father was with his mother and wanted to say hello.

She told him many meaningful things from his family that only he and they would know.

She mentioned me by name and went into detail on the message my dad had for me. I won't go into details but this is something very meaningful to me that I had never discussed with my ex. In fact, I had never really discussed my dad with him since he had passed so long ago.

And the strange thing is, I have been thinking of him a lot over the last several months.

This is just too weird.
Messages can be sent this way . . .

Being "psychic" or being able to communicate with those who have passed over is something folks don't choose. You either have that ability or you don't. And when you do, those who have passed over contact receptive people ("mediums") when there is the opportunity to get a message back to their loved ones (if they have a message, of course!)

So . . . your Ex and this medium crossed paths . . . she realized there were folks who wanted to communicate something with your Ex (and with you!) . . . and she took the time and expended the energy to make that happen.

I would just take it for what it was! She gave you a gift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement