U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 05:44 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times

Advertisements

Dunno, Umb, are you and your ex straight/honest with each other? It seems like an awfully detailed story to have made up unless he has serious issues and wants you back or something weird like that.

Power went out at nine last night, most of the upstate area is out.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:15 AM

9,668 posts, read 11,127,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I received a call from my ex today and this is what happened:

He told me he just returned from Denver and while he was there he ran into a total stranger who sat and talked to him for about 30 min. He didn't seek this woman out and since they had never met before he had never shared any information with her.

She was a physic medium and she told him that his mother, father, brother and 6 other members of his family were there. There was 1 other person with them as well~~~~~my father was with his mother and wanted to say hello.

She told him many meaningful things from his family that only he and they would know.

She mentioned me by name and went into detail on the message my dad had for me. I won't go into details but this is something very meaningful to me that I had never discussed with my ex. In fact, I had never really discussed my dad with him since he had passed so long ago.

And the strange thing is, I have been thinking of him a lot over the last several months.

This is just too weird.
As I believe most of you know I'm a professional psychic; I do contact the spirits of the dead. That said, I find the story he told you impossible to believe. That's just not what spirit contact is. It's more marked by impressions and feelings. Any names that come up are usually the spirits of other decesed who are in the same place. I believe that these spirits have been relieved of their earthly burdens so unless reminded they seldom mention the living.. I do not, however, go into the bad places in the spirit world. Just aas it's unwise to visit a bad neighborhood in the world of the living because of physical danger it's unwise to visit the the bad neighborhoods in the world of the dead because of spiritual peril, something far worse and far longer lasting.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:19 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
As I believe most of you know I'm a professional psychic; I do contact the spirits of the dead. That said, I find the story he told you impossible to believe. That's just not what spirit contact is. It's more marked by impressions and feelings. Any names that come up are usually the spirits of other decesed who are in the same place. I believe that these spirits have been relieved of their earthly burdens so unless reminded they seldom mention the living.. I do not, however, go into the bad places in the spirit world. Just aas it's unwise to visit a bad neighborhood in the world of the living because of physical danger it's unwise to visit the the bad neighborhoods in the world of the dead because of spiritual peril, something far worse and far longer lasting.
I was wondering what you would have to say about this. Normally I would really wonder about this. My ex and I are not in contact with each other any more and I don't think he would make any of this up just to contact me. There's no future for "us" and we both know that.

The conversation he passed on to me was not something anyone could make up and be so close to reality. As he said, why would she pick someone, my father, that he knew nothing about and obviously he had never met instead of my mother, grandmother, aunt (who I was close to) or friend who he had met? I was 10 when my father passed. I'll be the first to acknowledge that he can be a bit nave, which he agreed with, but what she said about his parents & brother were so right and how would she know he had a brother who had died? How would she know he had a ex wife? How would she know that his ex wife had a father that passed when I was a child? Why have I been thinking about my dad so much these past few months - my mom, best friend and aunt have also passed and I haven't had them on my mind so frequently?

He debated whether or not to contact me and now that he relayed that info on I doubt we will have further contact.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:29 AM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
7 years ... 17 years ... I musta been thinking of Pon Farr
LOL

Live long and prosper.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:38 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:
I was wondering what you would have to say about this. Normally I would really wonder about this. My ex and I are not in contact with each other any more and I don't think he would make any of this up just to contact me. There's no future for "us" and we both know that.

The conversation he passed on to me was not something anyone could make up and be so close to reality. As he said, why would she pick someone, my father, that he knew nothing about and obviously he had never met instead of my mother, grandmother, aunt (who I was close to) or friend who he had met? I was 10 when my father passed. I'll be the first to acknowledge that he can be a bit nave, which he agreed with, but what she said about his parents & brother were so right and how would she know he had a brother who had died? How would she know he had a ex wife? How would she know that his ex wife had a father that passed when I was a child? Why have I been thinking about my dad so much these past few months - my mom, best friend and aunt have also passed and I haven't had them on my mind so frequently?

He debated whether or not to contact me and now that he relayed that info on I doubt we will have further contact.
People have different gifts. Psychics and mediums have different gifts -- and how they interpret what they "see" or are "relayed" varies a lot. Some folks feel the souls around them, some actually see an entity, some hear a message.

The lady who talked with your Ex did not solicit money, correct? She didn't encourage him to pay her or contact her in the future, either, I will bet. She simply felt compelled to deliver some messages that she was getting while at the same location as your Ex.

I would take it for what it is/was. I think it was very kind of your Ex to let you know about the conversation.

If it gave you some comfort, then that was undoubtedly what it was intended to do.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
People have different gifts. Psychics and mediums have different gifts -- and how they interpret what they "see" or are "relayed" varies a lot. Some folks feel the souls around them, some actually see an entity, some hear a message.

The lady who talked with your Ex did not solicit money, correct? She didn't encourage him to pay her or contact her in the future, either, I will bet. She simply felt compelled to deliver some messages that she was getting while at the same location as your Ex.

I would take it for what it is/was. I think it was very kind of your Ex to let you know about the conversation.

If it gave you some comfort, then that was undoubtedly what it was intended to do.
No money was involved and it's highly unlikely they will meet again. She referred to herself a a spiritual medium.

Here's part of the message:

While running between Downtown Denver, Wash Park, Cherry Creek, Lonetree, Highlands Ranch and Parker, I met a woman who is a spiritual medium. We ended up talking for about 30 minutes. She did most of the talking; and for a complete stranger, someone who I randomly met, she ended up telling me some amazing things about my mom, dad and brother. It was the little details that no one could possibly know that made me more of a believer in the notion that the "spiritual world" is REAL.

Of the ten deceased people that this medium referred to, only one of them was not directly related to me by blood. I was surprised that this medium spoke very briefly about your dad as being one of the ten spirits reaching out to her while she and I talked. According to the medium, your dad was there in our presence to say "Hello" and that on some level he was responsible for or the cause of childhood wounds. He apologized for past hurts.

Now considering that while you and I were together, we never talked at all or at any length about your dad as I recall. Of all the people that I've known in my life who have died, I have no idea why the medium would mention your dad to me and not your mom or grandmother for instance, people that I knew. Why would the medium choose to use these words in connection with your father?

I was perplexed as to what to do with this experience, with this information.

I debated as to whether I would let it be known that I had this chance encounter with a spiritual medium. You know as I do that not many people believe in this sort of thing. Some would suggest that I was the victim of an elaborate con game. I debated as to whether I should reach out to you to share with you this experience.

Call me gullible, call me naive. But the more I think about the things she said especially about my mom and my dad and my brother, the more I want to or need to believe that after death our soul, our spirit survives in some form. Therefore, I could not in good conscience hold onto the message from your dad.

Last edited by Umbria; 07-09-2014 at 10:57 AM..

Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM

I would add . . . people so often make disparaging remarks about folks who have a gift of prescience, or who can communicate with the deceased. I read on a C-D forum the other day - some ugly statements about psychics being fakers, b/c "if they were really psychic, why didn't they buy winning lottery tickets" and other such nonsense.

People who have these gifts are given insight or messages without consciously "demanding" them. The messages just pop into their heads. It may be something as simple as a heads up about the future, such as . . . "if you wait 5 minutes to leave the house, you will avoid an accident three blocks down your street." Or it can be more complicated, such as sitting in a dental chair and having a flood of information about the dental assistant come to mind, including some specific advice you are compelled to share, for ex: "you started to buy a car last week and you are still deciding between two autos. Don't buy the black Jeep, it has hidden water damage."

Most folks with these abilities cannot simply conjure up answers from the universe on demand. They may be able to put their brains into a theta state and therefore be open to the universe . . . but that is about as far as it goes.

And the majority of people with these gifts rarely share what they are seeing/feeling except with the closest of their friends and family members, b/c they know that a mental health evaluation could very well be in their own futures if the wrong folks decided, incorrectly, that those "voices" were really part of a schizophrenia diagnosis!!! <eeeeek>

So take encounters with psychics with a grain of salt, yes. But if the person is not soliciting money, took the time to share without other expectations . . . and the info was uncannily on target . . . just accept the info as a gift and don't over analyze. The universe is a mystery and the human brain is just as mysterious.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
No money was involved and it's highly unlikely they will meet again. She referred to herself a a spititual medium.

Here's part of the message:

While running between Downtown Denver, Wash Park, Cherry Creek, Lonetree, Highlands Ranch and Parker, I met a woman who is a spiritual medium. We ended up talking for about 30 minutes. She did most of the talking; and for a complete stranger, someone who I randomly met, she ended up telling me some amazing things about my mom, dad and brother. It was the little details that no one could possibly know that made me more of a believer in the notion that the "spiritual world" is REAL.

Of the ten deceased people that this medium referred to, only one of them was not directly related to me by blood. I was surprised that this medium spoke very briefly about your dad as being one of the ten spirits reaching out to her while she and I talked. According to the medium, your dad was there in our presence to say "Hello" and that on some level he was responsible for or the cause of childhood wounds. He apologized for past hurts.

Now considering that while you and I were together, we never talked at all or at any length about your dad as I recall. Of all the people that I've known in my life who have died, I have no idea why the medium would mention your dad to me and not your mom or grandmother for instance, people that I knew. Why would the medium choose to use these words in connection with your father?

I was perplexed as to what to do with this experience, with this information.

I debated as to whether I would let it be known that I had this chance encounter with a spiritual medium. You know as I do that not many people believe in this sort of thing. Some would suggest that I was the victim of an elaborate con game. I debated as to whether I should reach out to you to share with you this experience.

Call me gullible, call me naive. But the more I think about the things she said especially about my mom and my dad and my brother, the more I want to or need to believe that after death our soul, our spirit survives in some form. Therefore, I could not in good conscience hold onto the message from your dad.
That was so so kind of your Ex to share his experience with you!

I am inclined to believe this as a genuine experience with no hidden agenda. There are folks out there who simply feel compelled to share - especially when there are that many entities trying to "get through" with a message/s for a particular human being.

There is a LOT more I can say about this . . . in the sense of "validity" . . . but don't feel comfortable sharing those thoughts/insights on a public forum. Let's just say - not everyone who is psychic is making a career out of it. We are surrounded by people who have some degree of psychic abilities and never reveal that ability, for fear of being ostracized or because they and/or their families are worried about how those gifts (which can include healing) will be accepted by others around them.

In any case, the messages this particular psychic passed on were comforting and seem valid to me, for what they may or may not be worth!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
That was so so kind of your Ex to share his experience with you!

I am inclined to believe this as a genuine experience with no hidden agenda. There are folks out there who simply feel compelled to share - especially when there are that many entities trying to "get through" with a message/s for a particular human being.

There is a LOT more I can say about this . . . in the sense of "validity" . . . but don't feel comfortable sharing those thoughts/insights on a public forum. Let's just say - not everyone who is psychic is making a career out of it. We are surrounded by people who have some degree of psychic abilities and never reveal that ability, for fear of being ostracized or because they and/or their families are worried about how those gifts (which can include healing) will be accepted by others around them.

In any case, the messages this particular psychic passed on were comforting and seem valid to me, for what they may or may not be worth!
Thanks, Ani. I'm not a complete idiot and neither is he. I totally believe that this woman has a gift and for her to pick him out of the blue to relay so much was nothing short of incredible.

I've always felt I had a guardian angel. If it was my mom she would have run me off into a ditch now and then just for spite.

I read about your trials and tribulations with DH. I know this is a tough time for you and I also have faith that you can do this. What's that saying? You'll be rewarded in heaven

Old 07-09-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Thanks, Ani. I'm not a complete idiot and neither is he. I totally believe that this woman has a gift and for her to pick him out of the blue to relay so much was nothing short of incredible.

I've always felt I had a guardian angel. If it was my mom she would have run me off into a ditch now and then just for spite.

I read about your trials and tribulations with DH. I know this is a tough time for you and I also have faith that you can do this. What's that saying? You'll be rewarded in heaven
HA HA HA - love that comment about your mom.

I don't want to wait for my reward after I die!!!! Actually, I feel like this lifetime has been so full of blessings . . . heaven can wait!!!

Hubby has had a good day - in some pain (sternum) this afternoon so he is taking a nap. The xanax did the trick for him with attitude adjustment. He is a very tightly wound Type A personality and add to that the anxiety about his health issues . . . he has been difficult to deal with for a while now. These solid as a rock high powered, highly driven guys come apart like $3 watches when life changes and they no longer have the kingdom to rule and the mobility to go do the physical things they enjoy. It has been hell for him (his declining health) so no mystery as to why he has been difficult to deal with.

He is still refusing to refer to himself as "retired." Hopefully, he will be able to land a teaching appointment in the future. He is at loose ends without a title and a career. He had never planned to retire - he can't sit still long enough to enjoy retirement. I don't think he knows how to relax. He has two modes: full speed ahead and asleep, lol.

He has been applying for jobs this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement