U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-19-2014, 05:05 AM
 
Location: Near a river
16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Reputation: 15656

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
As for the weather here it is not pleasant. We've had lots of rain, thunderstorms (which are tough on one of my old dogs) and unfortunately the 10 day forecast calls for more of the same every day.
My dogs go bonkers during T-storms. Even the tough little guy, the Jack Russell, crumples emotionally. Someone told me about Rescue Remedy for dogs (I think it's homeopathic), supposed to calm their nerves. I'm getting some this week and will try it out.

 
Old 08-19-2014, 06:36 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
Wonderful news, ani! So happy he's mellowing.

43F this morning brrrrrrrrrrr
 
Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Wonderful news, ani! So happy he's mellowing.

43F this morning brrrrrrrrrrr
That sounds like the mountains! Isn't that about 10 F cooler than you would expect this time of year?

Hope the sun comes out and you warm up!!!

Yes, good news . . . life is getting back to normal.
 
Old 08-19-2014, 09:26 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
They said on the news we are about fifteen degrees cooler than normal.

I had to get my insulated fleece hoodie on. I do have some windows open a bit for fresh air. The dogs of winter are biting at our heels..........

So happy your DH is calming down. Maybe that job will keep you both sane. I would encourage it. Let him get paid to make others miserable. (joking)
 
Old 08-19-2014, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
They said on the news we are about fifteen degrees cooler than normal.

I had to get my insulated fleece hoodie on. I do have some windows open a bit for fresh air. The dogs of winter are biting at our heels..........

So happy your DH is calming down. Maybe that job will keep you both sane. I would encourage it. Let him get paid to make others miserable. (joking)
We are going to be in the 80s here today. Haven't hit 100 in a while, for which I am grateful. We are having a fantastic Monsoon 'week' here with lots of thunder storms, rain, hail, the whole magilla. We really NEED it too. Luckily for me I'm off for three days and get to enjoy watching it out the windows.
I do need to go run some errands today but no biggie. I have the windows open and keep looking at my yard which is in BAD need of mowing. I have grass where there's never been much! Unfortunately the winds have been so bad I've lost a LOT of apples off my trees and a few branches. Threw away a few dozen yesterday.
 
Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Reputation: 16359
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
My dogs go bonkers during T-storms. Even the tough little guy, the Jack Russell, crumples emotionally. Someone told me about Rescue Remedy for dogs (I think it's homeopathic), supposed to calm their nerves. I'm getting some this week and will try it out.
I've heard good things about Rescue Remedy so I got some for my terrier. It really didn't make any difference at all. I don't think it's the product - terriers have minds of their own.

Ani - Glad to hear your life will be a bit easier. He probably understands all that you do for him and knows he'd be in trouble without you.

It has been hot & xtra humid here. This week will be mid to high 80s with humidity in the high 70s. It's not the temp but the high humidity that makes it uncomfortable. The nights cool down and have that fall feel.
 
Old 08-19-2014, 11:15 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
They said on the news we are about fifteen degrees cooler than normal.

I had to get my insulated fleece hoodie on. I do have some windows open a bit for fresh air. The dogs of winter are biting at our heels..........

So happy your DH is calming down. Maybe that job will keep you both sane. I would encourage it. Let him get paid to make others miserable. (joking)
I truly hope he finds something he can do! He has taught for three universities so surely there will be one that has online classes he can teach. He is so good at that and really gets a lot of enjoyment and personal satisfaction out of it.

Yes, let him get paid to give the students a hard time, lololol.

I don't know, CC, but I am thinking that prozac may be a miracle pill!!!!! (maybe I should get some for myself!!!)
 
Old 08-19-2014, 11:24 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I've heard good things about Rescue Remedy so I got some for my terrier. It really didn't make any difference at all. I don't think it's the product - terriers have minds of their own.

Ani - Glad to hear your life will be a bit easier. He probably understands all that you do for him and knows he'd be in trouble without you.

It has been hot & xtra humid here. This week will be mid to high 80s with humidity in the high 70s. It's not the temp but the high humidity that makes it uncomfortable. The nights cool down and have that fall feel.
Rescue Remedy never did anything for me. I took classes in aromatherapy back in the 90s and of course, Bach Flower Remedies were one thing I researched. I have since made up my own recipes and "remedies" - but never have found anything that would really do what I had hoped Rescue Remedy would do (and seems to do for a lot of other folks!)

The most effective remedy I have made is for headaches - and it is the same ole thing everyone knows about - peppermint based. I got a new recipe for mosquito repellant this year and it has been wonderful. Once things settle down in my life (ha ha ha ha - does life ever really settle down?) . . . I am going to set up an aromatherapy website and sell some of my products. That is what I am thinking right now, anyway.

My real interest and what I think is one of my areas of expertise is scent. I truly enjoy making perfumes. But . . . not likely to be a big seller.
 
Old 08-19-2014, 04:02 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
LOL ani, Rescue remedy is for Zugor's dogs You can try it on hubby if you want ....

It warmed up by afternoon, short sleeves and flip flops, finally!

Brat, apples grow in AZ? Who knew!
 
Old 08-19-2014, 06:47 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Reputation: 22439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
LOL ani, Rescue remedy is for Zugor's dogs You can try it on hubby if you want ....

It warmed up by afternoon, short sleeves and flip flops, finally!

Brat, apples grow in AZ? Who knew!
I tried it myself but have never tried it for my furkid. I should, though! Maybe it would help her. She gets separation anxiety and storms leave her huddled in the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top