U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times

Advertisements

Get well soon, Bluff.

That is one huge lake up there! Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 12:50 PM

971 posts, read 1,203,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Get well soon, Bluff.

That is one huge lake up there! Wow!
Thank you CCc for the well wishes, I am getting there, or rather I am home and getting better.

I sure missed seeing the water, hills and hollars for 5 months and 18 days. Things are more better. lol

Old 09-02-2014, 03:27 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
That may be over-thinking it.

When you're five years old, a year is an entire fifth of your life. It takes forever to go by.

When you're fifty years old, a year is a measly fiftieth of your life. It flashes by.
Yes, that is exactly what my husband has always said -- looking at the percentage of time as compared to age.

Always made a lot of sense to me!

Old 09-02-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Thank you CCc for the well wishes, I am getting there, or rather I am home and getting better.

I sure missed seeing the water, hills and hollars for 5 months and 18 days. Things are more better. lol
eek, hospital for five months? Yikes.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:45 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,763,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Yes it is a good place to live and most of the people that move in like it as well. It started raining here again. The rain was needed on my grass. I have now been home from the Branson and Springfield hospitals for a month and my gtass was brown on my return. My son cut it for me yesterday.

Sorry to hear your traveling is now limited. There is so much to see. Hope your wife gets so you can resume some day trips.

My wife passed away 6 years ago and my first genealogy trip was to Mena, Ark. The trip back up hiway 71 in the fall with the leaves turning was breathtaking. Well worth the drive. IMHO
Thank you. My wife just had a partial amputation on her left foot and once everything has healed she should be able to have much needed lumbar neurosurgery. Ideally, we can then continue our explorations of the Ozarks. We've been to and through much of it but by no means all. That's our ultimate goal.

Hope all is well with you now and gets better. How can it not here on and around the lake?

Old 09-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Blessings and prayers to your wife, Curm; and all around to us as well!

Old 09-03-2014, 04:03 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,292,057 times
Best wishes to your wife, Curmudg. That can't be too pleasant for her to be going through and not much of a fun time for you either. But all will be well.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,763,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Blessings and prayers to your wife, Curm; and all around to us as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Best wishes to your wife, Curmudg. That can't be too pleasant for her to be going through and not much of a fun time for you either. But all will be well.
Thanks both of you. So far, so good. It will all get better!

Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 PM

14,017 posts, read 17,930,870 times
Many of us "regulars" in the Retirement Forum also read and post in other City-Data forums from time to time. I know I do, and I encounter some of you "out there". Since childhood I have been interested in and curious about the unusual, the strange, and the bizarre. Therefore, once in a while I read the Mental Health sub-forum of the Health Forum - not every thread of course, but threads whose titles pique my interest.

Does anyone else do that too? Wow! I have certainly found the unusual, the strange, and the bizarre! But that reading is not for the faint of heart. The extreme suffering recounted there, the hopelessness, the depression, the pure misery, are enough to make a person want to sit down and cry.

Those of us with a zest for life and who derive interest and pleasure and gratification from it, while we may have problems and even serious problems, should count our lucky stars.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:46 PM

9,661 posts, read 11,118,048 times
I read ''Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal'' because there is so much that we don't understand. I'm convinced of the truth of alien landings primarily because of the extraordinary steps that the government has taken to suppress the information. The Roswell newspaper reported an alien crash in 1948 and the Army Air Corps unofficially confirmed it. Then it suddenly became a weather balloon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement