U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 05:17 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,164,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, hubby has seemed to be backsliding on his overall health the last month. And in the last 10 days, it has become very apparent, so back to Duke . . . and the news was disappointing. He has developed a thromus (I guess that is a blood clot - don't know if it has more precise meaning than "blood clot" but they said thrombus). And his ejection fraction is even lower than pre-surgery.

Feeling more than a bit defeated right now. I think it would help to get moved into the new space as soon as possible and get some order and symmetry back into our days. Or at least, get him settled while I try to get things wrapped up with the primary residence. Just so tired right now. I feel like we need a two week cruise and forget all this laborious mess w/ getting the house on the market and moving. But that ain't gonna happen, lol. So I guess I soldier on.
Many of us will be thinking of you as you meet this new development. I wish we could arrive as a crew and get you moved into the new place. How soon can that happen? Hopefully before the winter sets in.

In the meantime...epsom salts baths, magnesium for calm, and all the other things you do to take good care. Lots of good thoughts coming your way....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 06:48 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Many of us will be thinking of you as you meet this new development. I wish we could arrive as a crew and get you moved into the new place. How soon can that happen? Hopefully before the winter sets in.

In the meantime...epsom salts baths, magnesium for calm, and all the other things you do to take good care. Lots of good thoughts coming your way....
Thank you, NEgirl! Those good thoughts are much appreciated!

I wish you all could come and help me pull things together. I did find an App (did I write about that earlier?) used for inventory/archiving of one's household goods and am using that to inventory each room and make decisions about what goes in the first move and what stays for staging until the house sells. That has helped a lot. Not enough hours in the day. I did get one project finished today (YAY!) and I had my doubts about part of it but the client was pleased - didn't even make one change, which just never happens. I was sooooo grateful.

Tomorrow will be a hodge podge of activities. Hoping I can get a handyman lined up to put up some new front porch sconces I have had sitting here -- and I have a list of other things I can't do and need help finishing. Those things will be a relief to get off the list.

No idea when we will be able to move in. Gotta get hubby in that townhouse so he can begin Rehab. Turns out it is just as well he had not been doing Rehab (we feel we have lost a month - he was given permission to start on 8/25). But with that thrombus, propbably best he wasn't pushing it. I guess things do work out as they are supposed to (does that sound fatalistic?).

Here's what I do know to be true. I have invited everyone to my home for Thanksgiving; and we are expecting house guests (trip planned for a long time!) in November. So we have to be in and at least somewhat settled by Thanksgiving!

Old 09-26-2014, 10:13 AM

30,034 posts, read 35,217,378 times
Best of luck Annifan

Old 09-26-2014, 11:58 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,423,871 times
Blessngs, all, yikes, ani, I hope those old timers are wrong, not another one like last years' winter, please, Lord

Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM

New England days right now are pristine, just perfect. I spent over an hour this afternoon sitting down at the marina with the dogs, watching the sparkling river, blue skies and lovely boats in a delicious breeze. I felt at least 20 years younger and I realized that my happiest times ever are around water (especially rivers). That's a clue I had forgotten when it comes to where to live, ultimately. It's going to be a spectacular fall foliage, conditions are right this year. Will try to catch an early evening riverboat cruise before mid-October. (I imagine the Ozarks are gearing up for gorgeous, too.)

Old 09-26-2014, 08:02 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,615,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Best of luck Annifan
Thank you, Tuborg!

A pleasant day today. Got all my work finished except some website changes - need to write some copy and get that uploaded before Monday. Things went well w/ work this week.

Hubby had a calm and pleasant day. Just watched a movie on Netflix about the Duchess of Devonshire. I had seen it some time in the past but it was great seeing it again (hubby had never seen it).

Looking forward to getting some things done tomorrow . . . have some new recipes I want to try out, too.

Hope all is well in your world and that you have an interesting weekend!

Old 09-27-2014, 06:29 AM

Interesting weekend here. The day is gorgeous again. I'm going to the annual garlic festival, which also features many artisans and music. I hope I can keep up with my companions, one of whom sometimes forgets to slow down for me. The other does, as she has similar challenges. I will probably come home with at least one rope of garlic to ward off the evil spirits over the winter. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, I hope it's just as nice weather-wise where you are.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:22 AM

16,594 posts, read 10,541,203 times
wonderful weather here too. There's an 1890s festival in town and had every intention of going. Kind of re-thinking that. May just head for the hills in get in a long over due hike.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:51 PM

30,034 posts, read 35,217,378 times
We are in Northern Virginia babysitting and having a great time with the Grand. This is a different world with lots of lots of at a price. Lots of people and lots of money.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:09 AM

20,316 posts, read 19,292,057 times
We just returned from a few days in Maine. Maine was crowded! Guess it must be the unseasonably gorgeous, almost hot, weather. Foliage is starting to turn though.

Ani, I wish you good luck getting all your work done and getting moved into the new place and finally settled. You're really going through a rough spell,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement