U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2014, 02:47 PM
 
10,851 posts, read 8,199,065 times
Reputation: 17205

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
It's sold legally for use in fish tanks, but it's pharmaceutical grade safe for humans. I keep it around for us and the cats and I get it for my neighbors dogs.
ah yes, fishcillin. Survivalists stockpile it. Amazon used to sell it.

 
Old 10-18-2014, 03:13 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
Reputation: 7530
HiW I know you were only looking out for me, and I greatly appreciate it. {{{hugs}}}

MMoB, who could turn down a free cruise? Squeeze it in!

biscuitmom, is Augmerntin sold over the counter outside the US?

My Astragalus did not arrive so I am going back on the Aufmentin for this danged sinus infection. It's either go the the doc for 50 dikkars, det a two week script for 10 dollars, then another script for two more weeks for 10 dollars.

A 30 day supply for 62.99 us cheaper for me.
 
Old 10-18-2014, 05:02 PM
 
10,851 posts, read 8,199,065 times
Reputation: 17205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
biscuitmom, is Augmerntin sold over the counter outside the US?
Amoxicillin can be bought over the counter in MX, at least in some places. I don't know about the border towns. I used to vacation in San Miguel de Allende where the high elevation usually triggered an ear infection, and I'd buy it there.
 
Old 10-18-2014, 05:25 PM
 
Location: SoCal desert
8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Reputation: 14875
Quote:
Amoxicillin can be bought over the counter in MX, at least in some places.
So can "Ampicilina", if you know where to go
 
Old 10-19-2014, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles area
14,017 posts, read 17,933,764 times
Reputation: 32336
Default Would you do a nude 5K?

There is a current thread in the Exercise and Fitness Forum entitled "Would you do a nude 5K?" Well, how about it, seniors? Assuming you were capable of doing a 5K, even by brisk walking, would you do one nude? At our age, even our birthday suits need ironing, so as a group we may not provide the most uplifting visuals.

My ex-wife and I belonged to a nudist resort for a few years about 35 years ago. It was in between Corona and Lake Elsinore in Southern California and was called Glen Eden. Sign on the fence: "Please bare with us!" I should google it to see if Glen Eden is still there!

Edited to add: Just googled it and it's still there! Seems to be going strong. Perhaps I should visit for old time's sake?

Last edited by Escort Rider; 10-19-2014 at 09:36 AM..
 
Old 10-19-2014, 09:59 AM
 
Location: too far from the sea
20,317 posts, read 19,304,785 times
Reputation: 34738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escort Rider View Post
There is a current thread in the Exercise and Fitness Forum entitled "Would you do a nude 5K?" Well, how about it, seniors? Assuming you were capable of doing a 5K, even by brisk walking, would you do one nude? At our age, even our birthday suits need ironing, so as a group we may not provide the most uplifting visuals.

My ex-wife and I belonged to a nudist resort for a few years about 35 years ago. It was in between Corona and Lake Elsinore in Southern California and was called Glen Eden. Sign on the fence: "Please bare with us!" I should google it to see if Glen Eden is still there!

Edited to add: Just googled it and it's still there! Seems to be going strong. Perhaps I should visit for old time's sake?
Go for it, ER. You could set a new precedent. If you were brave enough to do it then, are you brave enough to do it now? You sound fit and you bound up the stairs in your condo--you can't look that bad nekkid.

Me, I skinny dipped once and that's all. No big deal but I did it with my ex and would never go bare in front of anyone else. Maybe I'm too inhibited.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
 
Old 10-19-2014, 12:21 PM
 
Location: SoCal desert
8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Reputation: 14875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escort Rider View Post
I should google it to see if Glen Eden is still there!

Edited to add: Just googled it and it's still there! Seems to be going strong. Perhaps I should visit for old time's sake?
And less than 10 minutes away is Glen Ivy.
Go have a mud bath
Chat Thread-glen-ivy.jpg
 
Old 10-19-2014, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles area
14,017 posts, read 17,933,764 times
Reputation: 32336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
And less than 10 minutes away is Glen Ivy.
Go have a mud bath
Attachment 137923
Yea, we used to always see the signs for Glen Ivy on our way to and from Glen Eden, but we never stopped there. We lived about 70 miles away, so we didn't go there all the time. I am probably about 50 miles away now.
 
Old 10-19-2014, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles area
14,017 posts, read 17,933,764 times
Reputation: 32336
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Go for it, ER. You could set a new precedent. If you were brave enough to do it then, are you brave enough to do it now? You sound fit and you bound up the stairs in your condo--you can't look that bad nekkid.

Me, I skinny dipped once and that's all. No big deal but I did it with my ex and would never go bare in front of anyone else. Maybe I'm too inhibited.
Yes, I am definitely "brave" enough - that is not the issue and I don't even think of it as being "brave". The issue is whether they will allow a male to visit by himself. Back when the ex and I were members, they didn't allow solo males. It was (and I presume still is) a family type resort; families had their kids with them, there were grandparent types, etc. They didn't want the population to get out of balance with too many solo males. Now I am divorced and live alone.

I think I will call them or email them with that question about their policies. Or alternatively, I could invite some female whom I know to go with me!!! That invitation would probably go over like a lead balloon with 99% of females. Not sure why, but the ladies seem more reluctant about nudism. My ex did NOT want to go the first time; I had to finally say, "Look we are just going". She loved it though; it took her a grand total of about 10 minutes to feel comfortable - no one was staring at her or paying any attention. One would draw a lot more attention there walking around clothed.
 
Old 10-19-2014, 04:47 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
20,317 posts, read 19,304,785 times
Reputation: 34738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escort Rider View Post
Yes, I am definitely "brave" enough - that is not the issue and I don't even think of it as being "brave". The issue is whether they will allow a male to visit by himself. Back when the ex and I were members, they didn't allow solo males. It was (and I presume still is) a family type resort; families had their kids with them, there were grandparent types, etc. They didn't want the population to get out of balance with too many solo males. Now I am divorced and live alone.

I think I will call them or email them with that question about their policies. Or alternatively, I could invite some female whom I know to go with me!!! That invitation would probably go over like a lead balloon with 99% of females. Not sure why, but the ladies seem more reluctant about nudism. My ex did NOT want to go the first time; I had to finally say, "Look we are just going". She loved it though; it took her a grand total of about 10 minutes to feel comfortable - no one was staring at her or paying any attention. One would draw a lot more attention there walking around clothed.
Oh, you are positively scandalous! Just teasing you. I wish you could find someone to go with you.

Well, around here, it is leaf peeping time and that's much tamer. We drive around looking for colorful trees and we ooooh and ah when we see them. Sometimes we bring the car to a screeching halt, jump out, and take pictures of trees. You have to get out into the country and better still, up into the hills. Then, ideally, you come to a wonderful farm that is selling freshly made apple cider with apple cider donuts. You get carried away and also stock up on maple syrup, local honey, bags of apples, squash, all the fall veggies. Last chance for fun before winter.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:13 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top