U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 AM

14,017 posts, read 17,928,294 times

Advertisements

I suffered a dozen stab wounds earlier today. I was trying to learn how to eat with a fork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 04:33 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,609,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Thank you, I am desperate to add some movies to my Netflix queue.

I just saw and really liked Adam Resurrected, a powerful film but fair warning, involves Nazi concentration camp experience.
Thank you! I haven't seen that one. I, too, am desperate to add movies to my queue!

A quirky but lovely little movie: Dean Spanley (2008) - IMDb

Peter O'Toole was always one of my favorites, since a child. Seeing him in this movie -- elderly, somewhat frail -- well, it's worth the watch! I think you would find something in it -- hubby and I did.

I will try to think of others over the coming days. Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Old 10-22-2014, 04:56 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thank you! I haven't seen that one. I, too, am desperate to add movies to my queue!

A quirky but lovely little movie: Dean Spanley (2008) - IMDb

Peter O'Toole was always one of my favorites, since a child. Seeing him in this movie -- elderly, somewhat frail -- well, it's worth the watch! I think you would find something in it -- hubby and I did.

I will try to think of others over the coming days. Any recommendations are much appreciated!
Peter O'Toole is in this one too. It's in my Netflix queue. Molokai (1999) - IMDb

Old 10-22-2014, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Peter O'Toole is in this one too. It's in my Netflix queue. Molokai (1999) - IMDb
You know, I have never seen that movie, although I have heard of it and always meant to watch it! Thank you so much!

BTW - one of my friends is a respected young adult author . . . you should check out her work. I am so proud of Joyce. She is a lovely person and a fine writer. This work is about a 13 year old boy who is banished to Molokai:

HEALING WATER | Joyce Moyer Hostetter

Old 10-22-2014, 05:05 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
This one's in my queue too. It will probably inspire me to want to move to Oregon (:

Redwood Highway Redwood Highway (2013) - IMDb

Old 10-22-2014, 05:22 AM

Quote:
This one's in my queue too. It will probably inspire me to want to move to Oregon (:

Redwood Highway Redwood Highway (2013) - IMDb
Saw that one last month. Let me know what you think. I was not that impressed with it, probably b/c I was uncomfortable with what I perceived to be a personality disorder propelling self-indulgent behaviors . . . won't say more!

Some of the shots of the forest and coastline were amazing!

Old 10-22-2014, 09:56 AM

9,658 posts, read 11,115,133 times
Quote:
Thank you, I am desperate to add some movies to my Netflix queue.

I just saw and really liked Adam Resurrected, a powerful film but fair warning, involves Nazi concentration camp experience.
I stumbled across this one on Netflix. It's the story of the investigation and exposure of CIA traitor Aldrich Ames. The two women who exposed him wrote Circle of Treason and were involved in the filming of this. It's a short series rather than a single film. I gave it four stars.

Watch The Assets Online | Netflix

Circle of Treason: CIA Traitor Aldrich Ames and the Men He Betrayed - Kindle edition by Sandra V. Grimes, Jeanne Vertefeuille. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

This brought to mind another short series that I saw a year or two ago. It's about a conspiracy dating back to Stalin, it's partly set in the grim arctic city of Archangel. I gave this one five stars. I seldom give anything over three stars; five is really unusual for me.

Watch Archangel Online | Netflix

Old 10-22-2014, 10:10 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,422,001 times
CP, getting around in MIA is easy with MetroRail and the trains. Mom called me from the train last night, going from West Palm Beach to Miami for a concert. It's the 'season' now, she has lots of concerts and events through April.

No Netflix here, I doubt if our DSL could support it. It took two years for the phone company to realize we could get internet via phone service. Something about having 18 gauge wire.......dunno.

Our fave Halloween movies:

Transylvania 6-5000
High Spirits
The Little Vampire
Dracula, Dead and Loving It
Ghostbusters
Ghost

Caught the tail end of Monument Men yesterday, DH said it was a slow start but a great finish.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I stumbled across this one on Netflix. It's the story of the investigation and exposure of CIA traitor Aldrich Ames. The two women who exposed him wrote Circle of Treason and were involved in the filming of this. It's a short series rather than a single film. I gave it four stars.

Watch The Assets Online | Netflix

Circle of Treason: CIA Traitor Aldrich Ames and the Men He Betrayed - Kindle edition by Sandra V. Grimes, Jeanne Vertefeuille. Politics & Social Sciences Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

This brought to mind another short series that I saw a year or two ago. It's about a conspiracy dating back to Stalin, it's partly set in the grim arctic city of Archangel. I gave this one five stars. I seldom give anything over three stars; five is really unusual for me.

Watch Archangel Online | Netflix
Thank you for the recommendations!

Five stars is very rare for me, as well -- so I look forward to these.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:02 PM

14,017 posts, read 17,928,294 times
Last night I saw a 1928 silent film, "The Passion of Joan of Arc". It is considered an iconic film of that era. The filmmaker was Danish, but the film was made in Paris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement