U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2014, 11:04 AM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
MMoB I knew you would like that pic.

I have to catch up serious on some movies, thanks for the tips y'all.
Speaking of movies, we're getting a new independent movie theater a few blocks from my condo here in the North Beach section of Miami Beach. It will be nice to be able to just walk over there and see a movie. A recent article in the Miami Herald noted that the theater is set to open Nov. 7. A couple of quotes from the article really caught my eye:

The theater will have a movie-palace feel, with two levels of seating and velvet curtains. “It feels like you’re walking into a theater from a bygone area,” Tabsch said.

And:

Tabsch said it didn’t take long for everyone to realize they had an opportunity to bring a new cultural landmark to the buzzing North Beach. “I go to North Beach often, because there’s so many restaurants and it’s so walkable,” he said.

Read more here: O Cinema Miami Beach to open Nov. 7 | The Miami Herald

Old 10-26-2014, 03:04 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Jean, great fort pics!!!!!!!!! Too cute!

Gandalara, I hope you are all right, check in when you can.

MMoB, I will have to forward that to Mom, she's looking at apartments downtown MIA.

I got DH up to the shop again for dismantling, we took apart a transaxle for a Cub Cadet Original. It really makes him feel good and not a prisoner because of his hip.

For some reason I was possessed to vacuum the coils under the fridge, this time only enough fur to resemble a small kitten and not a large cat

Blessed Sunday all

Old 10-28-2014, 09:26 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
JEAN - what fun! You are so imaginative . . . a great solution and a memory that will always remain for those lucky kiddoes! Thank you for sharing the photos!

Old 10-28-2014, 09:29 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Over in the "Five years ago I never could have imagined...." thread, I had posted:

May Jenna rest in peace.
She passed away yesterday.
(stage 4 glioblastoma diagnosed a little over a year ago)

I am so sorry to read this. That is a devastating diagnosis. Sending thoughts of comfort to you and your family. (((hugs)))

Old 10-28-2014, 09:30 AM

240 posts, read 197,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Retirement is about retiring. Senior issues may be health, cute things grandkids say, death and dying, nursing home care, driving in old age, dealing with certain issues in old age. Retirees are all ages, from 35 or younger to 90 or older. The subjects on retirement, per se, are easy to identify.
For me retirement is all about getting to finally do the job you wanted to do not the one you had to do

Old 10-29-2014, 05:42 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Retirement should be about you. Your wants and needs. Your happiness. You only get one, folks. <3

Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 AM

14,017 posts, read 17,939,286 times
To NewEnglandGirl: Just wanted you to know that I received and read your direct message but was not able to reply to it because you do not receive direct messages. That is a frustrating situation to be in, i.e., to receive a message but not be able to reply.

Old 11-01-2014, 03:39 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
We've got SNOW. There is about 3/4 of an inch so far on the deck railing and it's still coming down. At least it's not supposed to last and to change over to rain when the day warms up. But then it will be windy. Guess there's always a trade off.

I hope that you are all having a lovely start to your November.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:38 AM

16,598 posts, read 10,549,444 times
40 degrees and not a flake in sight.

I think that's lovely!

Old 11-01-2014, 08:01 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
We've got SNOW. There is about 3/4 of an inch so far on the deck railing and it's still coming down. At least it's not supposed to last and to change over to rain when the day warms up. But then it will be windy. Guess there's always a trade off.

I hope that you are all having a lovely start to your November.
Nov 1 is one of my favorite days of the New England year (All Souls Day) when the leaves are mostly gone and the colors are subtle and lovely. This time of year for me feels clean, quiet, and calming.

So you got snow!! That reminds me of our Halloween Surprise Nor'easter 3 years ago when we got more than a foot of snow and ice and our power went out for 10 days. Halloween got canceled and people ran out to get supplies and gas. Today it's mildish around 40 degrees and I'm staring out at all the leaves covering the ground. We still have kale, parsley, oregano and thyme, and a few carrots and squash in the garden. It all needs to be cleaned up, and it won't be me this year doing it. (–:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement