Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2014, 05:37 PM

11,137 posts, read 15,902,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Oh my, lifestyles of the rich and shameless........
Well, someone has to counterbalance freemkt's constant tales of woe.

Old 11-30-2014, 05:45 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,692,648 times
Better than that, post a pic!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2014, 06:49 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,513,602 times
We had more than a foot of snow last night; the temperature is 1 after a high of 3. It was too cold for this old cowboy to go skiing as I once would have done, but I did shovel the porch where it had drifted to about 18''. That was easy since the snow was powder. We're expecting high winds tonight and then a high tomorrow of 38 and highs in the upper thirties and low forties through next Sunday. December and January are the coldest months here so I won't complain. Besides, it was a beautiful day today, sunny without a cloud in the sky.

I don't mind winter weather, but I don't care for the short days. I'm glad that I'm fairly close to the west side of the time zone so it's light later all of the time.

My two chickens are doing well; they presented me with four eggs this week. That's not bad as we enter the shortest six weeks of the year.

My cat waits near the back door now when my dog goes out; he nuzzles her when she comes in.

Old 11-30-2014, 07:07 PM

22,633 posts, read 14,855,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post

... We were fourth in line behind a Porsche, a Ferrari, and a Bentley. It sure is interesting living in Miami Beach, lol.
You need a new prescription for your eyeglasses.

The cars ahead of you were a Yugo, a Ford Pinto, an American Motors Rambler, and an Edsel.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:37 PM

5,496 posts, read 6,411,595 times
MMoB, are you or anyone you know interested in a Prowler or a Rolls? My brother-in-law and sister-in-law live in Florida and are up in age, they have these cars and may be willing to "release them to a new home". I tried to privately contact you through CD but was not able to. Please DM me through CD if you want more information.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
MMoB, are you or anyone you know interested in a Prowler or a Rolls? My brother-in-law and sister-in-law live in Florida and are up in age, they have these cars and may be willing to "release them to a new home". I tried to privately contact you through CD but was not able to. Please DM me through CD if you want more information.
I appreciate you thinking of me (especially since I think the Prowler is a really cool car!), but we bought the Maserati in September and then traded in our 2012 Jaguar XJL for the 2014 version just last month, so we're set with our automobiles for at least the next couple of years.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Better than that, post a pic!!!!!!!!!
I'd love to, but you or someone else will need to give me a brief remedial tutorial on how to do it. I had used Imgur in the past with my S4, but I've forgotten the steps (not to mention my password).

Old 12-01-2014, 06:44 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,692,648 times
Wow, HiW, that is cold; luckily it's a short spell. Stay safe and warm!

Our neighbor's hens slow down on egg laying this time of year, too. Four eggs from two hens is a lot for this time of year, no?

After last winter I am gloating at the snow. The warm 40 degree breeze is melting it quickly.

LMAO Clark, I thought MMoB was joking at first, Cars like that are not unusual in that neck of the woods. I hope I am as well off at that age. I will be happy to inherit mom's Bimmer when and if she stops driving.

MMoB, if you click go advanced in the reply box there will be a paper clip icon where you can upload an attached photo without using a web hosted file.

Who is your mechanic? Dealer or independent shop?

Old 12-01-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
MMoB, if you click go advanced in the reply box there will be a paper clip icon where you can upload an attached photo without using a web hosted file.
I used to use that when I had my photos stored on my laptop, but now they're just on my phone. Does that work with phones, too? (I realize that I would have to access C/D from my phone as well.)

Quote:
Who is your mechanic? Dealer or independent shop?
Our 2012 Jaguar was serviced by the dealerships in Las Vegas and Miami since everything was warranty work. Coincidentally, the Jaguar dealership in Miami (where we traded the 2012 for the 2014) also is a Ferrari/Maserati dealer, so I may go there to service the Maserati since I already have a relationship with them and I'm already familiar with their work. Alternatively, I know a guy who is a mechanic at a Lamborghini dealership who used to work at that F/M dealership, and he still works on Maseratis on the side.

Old 12-01-2014, 08:45 AM

4,521 posts, read 3,708,791 times
We kayaked five miles on the ICW yesterday, it was our second time out so we're still getting to know how things work. We're only limited by our bladders. Another couple with a kayak at the boat launch told us all their favorite places to put in, there are so many to try!
It was a beautiful morning to be out.
Chat Thread-image.jpg

Last edited by jean_ji; 12-01-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement