U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2015, 07:45 AM

8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I've stopped thinking of it as hot 'flashes' when they stopped happening randomly after about 10 years and morphed into a kind that starts abruptly every evening and lasts all night. Nice thing in the cold months but still seems strange to start stripping down after maybe being bundled up all day and complaining of being chilly at 70.
Been over 20 years now, so guess it's become a permanent thing.
Twenty years...perish the thought. I feel for you if my minor experiences were any indication.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:25 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,627,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I thought it was too when I saw the pics. It's used for storage now but would be a great workshop. It's big enough it could make a really cute studio apartment. But that would take a lot of money so I guess not. Would have to add a lot of windows! If I had a family it would also make a great 'play room'...pool table and all that good stuff.
Your office/craft room!!! That is amazing space! Whatever you use it for, I know it will be a very welcomed part of your home.

You have plenty of room and everything looks in great shape.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:25 AM

20,126 posts, read 20,246,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
o_c, thanks for the good news.......NOT

But it should be good news as long as you stay up there, especially this winter

Old 02-17-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
But it should be good news as long as you stay up there, especially this winter
LOLOLOL - this brings to mind something I had not figured out . . . no wonder I am fine here in the arctic blast . . . my husband stays cold and I am burning up . . . Of course, no one loves walking out into -20 wind chill factor but . . . as long as it isn't quite that cold, I am even fine with taking the dog for walks.

I keep turning off the wall heaters. I guess I am my own heater these days. Have been for way too many years - I guess about 9 now. Whew.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post
Your office/craft room!!! That is amazing space! Whatever you use it for, I know it will be a very welcomed part of your home.

You have plenty of room and everything looks in great shape.
I guess I have time to figure it out. lol This was only the third place I looked at. The other two were "okay" but were a lot older, needed a lot of TLC and would've been a long term "project". I have neither the time nor the money for such. And they were smaller as well. Not that I NEED a lot of space but I've been pretty cooped up the last nearly six years so am ready to spread out. Never dreamed I'd find a move in ready place that hit all my 'wants'. Priceless! Going to the house for the inspection in another hour. I don't anticipate any problems.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
I guess I have time to figure it out. lol This was only the third place I looked at. The other two were "okay" but were a lot older, needed a lot of TLC and would've been a long term "project". I have neither the time nor the money for such. And they were smaller as well. Not that I NEED a lot of space but I've been pretty cooped up the last nearly six years so am ready to spread out. Never dreamed I'd find a move in ready place that hit all my 'wants'. Priceless! Going to the house for the inspection in another hour. I don't anticipate any problems.
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 02-17-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Inspection passed! A couple of very minor details. Good to go.

The daughter of the previous owner was there getting things set up for a garage sale. (I bought the family room couch. lol) I actually know her. I see everyone in the Valley at work and she's one of our regular customers. Small town, small world. She is tickled I got the house too.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:02 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Quote:
I love it! I think that tree is a Mulberry. Messy things but at least I don't have to park under it! lol I am, of course, already planning some things for the front of the house. The back can wait.
From the knots in the branches (from trimming), it looks like a fruitless mulberry.
A little bit of yellow fuzz in the spring, dropping leaves in the fall. No messy purple 'fruit'.
The wind blows everything away.
Ask me how I know, LOL.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
From the knots in the branches (from trimming), it looks like a fruitless mulberry.
A little bit of yellow fuzz in the spring, dropping leaves in the fall. No messy purple 'fruit'.
The wind blows everything away.
Ask me how I know, LOL.
That would be nice! My grandma had one of those trees in her front yard and it was a mess trying to play under it. Then I rented an apt. from my parents and, wouldn't you know, the only parking place was right under one! There's one fruit tree in the back yard but darned if I can remember what it is. Guess I'll find out eventually.

The guy next door has some fowl in a pen. A duck, a turkey and a chicken. If you talk to the duck he laughs at you! lol It's pretty funny. I thought that neighborhood only allowed domestic animals. Well, at least it isn't goats and cows!

Forgot to mention...the owners daughter was evidently unaware that the washer and dryer stayed with the house and sold them! When they were informed otherwise they went out and replaced them the same day...yesterday. These are really nice. Front loader washer even. Ever feel like things are going a bit TOO well??? I hope it continues!

Old 02-18-2015, 07:03 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,169,159 times
Well, all the "rough stuff" seems to be over weatherwise, for a while. This morning is sunny and quite calm, nothing forecasted for the next few days. It is really cold though. I may take and post a photo from my deck. At least we're getting to the other side of winter, and have hope for our beautiful spring. When Boston melts it's going to be floating in the Atlantic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement