U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2015, 09:41 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,203,860 times

Advertisements

CCc girl I hope he gives up his stubborn streak and agrees to see a doctor sooner rather than later.

Why is it that so many men are this way when it comes to taking care of their own bodies but if some expensive piece of equipment, car, tractor, etc. shows signs of something wrong they do not hesitate to have it checked out and repaired, not wait until the damage gets worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 AM

6,093 posts, read 9,641,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Was reading they don't give antibiotics sometimes for bronchitis, they hope it will resolve on OTC meds. That or blow up into pneumonia....
It depends what's causing the bronchitis. My sister just got over bacterial (not viral) bronchitis, for which the remedy is antibiotics.

I agree with the others - get him to Urgent Care as soon as you can manage it.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:53 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,417,197 times
In his case it's because frequently in his family he had a family member go to the doctor who gave them a clean bill of health and the person dropped dead the next day.

Then, when he cut a tendon in his hand they botched the surgery and cannot bend the thumb at the middle joint. When they said they could 'fix' it he said he11 no!

The LMAO here is that he was a certified master mechanic. Mechanics have to warranty their work. If they break something while performing a repair, it's on them to fix it. If a car comes back with a problem after the repair it's on them again. No warranty with doctors, if they eff it up you pay again, sometimes dreadfully so.

OTOH I read a funny recently.........

A mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a Dodge SRT-4 when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.

The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?"

The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working on the SRT. The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked,

"So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, repair any damage, and then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like new.

So how can I make 39,675 a year, a pretty small salary, and you get the really big bucks, $1,695,759, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The cardiologist paused, smiled and leaned over, then whispered to the mechanic...

''Try doing it with the engine running."

Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,467,052 times
Quote:
When he gets miserable enough he'll go. Years ago he was sitting at the table with his head down on it, I rushed him to the doc and it was pneumonia. That scared the crap out of him, he was hospitalized for three days. I doubt he'll push it that far again.
Where's Wilhemena?????????????? Tell her to come over with her Uzi and "convince" him to go for a little ride.

Stubborn ole goat. Good luck - you are such a patient person.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:28 AM

{{{{{{{Umb}}}}}}} Thanks, I wish she were still working there; she was a shining star.

Well, the ole goat is sleeping after two hours of hurling; he got up at 4:30 so he'll be down for a good while, hopefully.

I am not really patient, it had a long learning curve.

I DO know what it's like to be stressed and anxious about my health. I pray a lot. And try not to drink a lot.

If I have to strongarm him into going I will. I'm trying to think of guilt things I can lay on him, you know; 'Don't do it for me, do it for the kids.'

Old 02-25-2015, 05:11 PM

Tell him this ole witch from MN will come and git him if he doesn't go and she makes Wilhilmina look like Mary Poppins.

I hope you were able to convince him

Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM

Umb, I didn't have to. All of your collective he's a stupid old goat thoughts worked.

After two hours of dry heaves, he slept a bit, then came out to sit at the PC and have a little water.

(I was downstairs in the office) I then heard him bellowing at the cats to leave him alone, his lungs miraculously clear.

He then had on and off trips on the porcelain throne for an hour or two and slept some more.

We'ree watching our Magnum reruns now. He is worn out but no breathing problems, I hear him chuckling at the old guys who post on Yesterday's Tracotrs forums.

If you ever had any doubts of the healing powers of a group prayer/loathsome/roll eyes thoughts, you are now living proof.

Now, if you will all kindly send the bail money to Warren County courthouse clerk when I bash him over the head with a jug of his moonshine, I will be forever grateful.......

Seriously, I had the trip to the clininc planned, the halls cleared for EMS, where I would hock his tractors, etc. etc. and the comeback kid does it again.

Thanks all, hugs.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Umb, I didn't have to. All of your collective he's a stupid old goat thoughts worked.

After two hours of dry heaves, he slept a bit, then came out to sit at the PC and have a little water.

(I was downstairs in the office) I then heard him bellowing at the cats to leave him alone, his lungs miraculously clear.

He then had on and off trips on the porcelain throne for an hour or two and slept some more.

We'ree watching our Magnum reruns now. He is worn out but no breathing problems, I hear him chuckling at the old guys who post on Yesterday's Tracotrs forums.

If you ever had any doubts of the healing powers of a group prayer/loathsome/roll eyes thoughts, you are now living proof.

Now, if you will all kindly send the bail money to Warren County courthouse clerk when I bash him over the head with a jug of his moonshine, I will be forever grateful.......

Seriously, I had the trip to the clininc planned, the halls cleared for EMS, where I would hock his tractors, etc. etc. and the comeback kid does it again.

Thanks all, hugs.
My broom is "gassed" up and ready to go if you need any help.

Old 02-25-2015, 06:56 PM

3,423 posts, read 5,203,860 times
Quote:

Seriously, I had the trip to the clinic planned, the halls cleared for EMS, where I would hock his tractors, etc. etc. and the comeback kid does it again.

Thanks all, hugs.
Good to read that he, and therefore you, are doing better. Hope there is no relapse and that your weather stays bearable.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:59 PM

14,017 posts, read 17,920,407 times
Default A fifth grade girl's take on evolution

Evolution as seen through the eyes of a fifth grade girl:

"Both men and women sprang from monkeys, but women sprang a little farther".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement