U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 08:48 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
I'll be taking a road trip, probably on the 28th of this month from Floyd up I-81 to Jefferson, MD. My two dogs will be going along since I have to bring them to meet the two new senior black labs that I applied to adopt. They are a bonded pair of sisters, named Bluebell (who goes by Bella) and Daisy. They were owner surrendered several months ago and both have been on diets since they need some serious weight loss. Assuming that all the dogs get along they will come home with me at that time. Good thing I have a Suburban or I'd have to ask a friend to also drive up in her car but I know that I can fit all of them in my vehicle.

It's about a 4.5 hour drive each way, plus pit stops for all of us. The first senior black lab that I adopted I went up to Harrisburg, PA to get and that was a 6 hour drive. Of course I didn't need to take my gang with me and only had the one dog for the return trip. I may see if a friend can come with me, just for the company and a little help with the dogs when we hit the rest stop.

If you'd like to see some pictures of them here's the link to the rescue's webpage. They are the second pair down. How could I not fall in love with those beautiful faces.

Pairs

Such sweet dogs! I love it when senior dogs are adopted and get another chance for a good home. I hope it
works out for all of you!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:14 AM

2,907 posts, read 4,630,434 times
Quote:
I'll be taking a road trip, probably on the 28th of this month from Floyd up I-81 to Jefferson, MD. My two dogs will be going along since I have to bring them to meet the two new senior black labs that I applied to adopt. They are a bonded pair of sisters, named Bluebell (who goes by Bella) and Daisy. They were owner surrendered several months ago and both have been on diets since they need some serious weight loss. Assuming that all the dogs get along they will come home with me at that time. Good thing I have a Suburban or I'd have to ask a friend to also drive up in her car but I know that I can fit all of them in my vehicle.
Good for you! Have a safe trip.

My stepdog (who lives next door) is a chocolate Lab. He is such a joyful creature! Sometimes I think I love him more than his owner does.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:16 AM

2,907 posts, read 4,630,434 times
Quote:
Monty dog: "Oh, look, snow - let's run up the hill, flop down and slide down on our backs, head first and then let's run up and do it again til we're shivering with the cold and wet."

Frannie dog: "'Yes, yes, yes. Whoopee!"
Oh, you're gonna love this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdJcYTh1rP0

Old 03-19-2015, 10:18 AM

20,143 posts, read 20,252,538 times
Oh LibraGirl ! I loved it!

Old 03-19-2015, 12:30 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Cool video!

Does anyone here do coupons? I get them every Sunday and maybe one or two are keepers. Hate to throw them out if someone could use them. Our region differences might make this a bit restrictive. (No Hellmann's west of the Mississippi)

Old 03-19-2015, 12:49 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraGirl123 View Post
hahahlolol - this made my day, love it!

Old 03-19-2015, 03:43 PM

9,668 posts, read 11,127,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Cool video!

Does anyone here do coupons? I get them every Sunday and maybe one or two are keepers. Hate to throw them out if someone could use them. Our region differences might make this a bit restrictive. (No Hellmann's west of the Mississippi)
It's no Hellmann's west of the Rockies although Best Foods slops over to the east a bit. My Walmart usually has Best Foods, but I occasionally see Hellmann's instead. I've never seen both together. There is a slight difference in the preparation; I prefer Hellmann's. Moving west originally it was thrilling to get Best Foods because that meant that I lived here. It was like Coors Beer when Coors was strictly a western brand.

I've made my own mayonnaise, but it's not as good. I have seen rave reviews on Amazon for several southern regional mayonnaises, but I hate to buy six or twelve of something I won't like.

My standard mustard now is Grey Poupon Dijon although I usually have several different mustards on hand.. Is Helmann's Mustard still made? I've never seen it in Wyoming or any other western state.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:26 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,774,833 times
Quote:
Cool video!

We're 400+ miles west of the Mississippi and Hellmann's is sold here. I believe it extends to the east side of the Rockies before it becomes Best Foods.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
HiW, I just cracked open a new jar of Hellmann's Olive Oil mayo. I didn't know they made mustard! They don't make it anymore, only the Dijonnaise spread.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:37 PM

86,093 posts, read 73,157,594 times
Quote:
Cool video!

Is that something new ?

I've been in Texas since 1996 and that's the only mayo I buy.
When do they plan to cease selling it ? (cause I'll need to stock up )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement