U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2015, 10:43 AM

8,776 posts, read 10,008,550 times

Advertisements

The t's are crossed and the i's dotted...and I still can't move into my house! lol It's been one thing after another for the past week or so. Had a hard time getting my homeowner's insurance up and running because they gave me the wrong phone number! I had the 'claims' number and every time I tried to call I got an "away from my desk" recording. FINALLY, after the weekend, I got the right number and got that taken care of. Seems like all the holdups occur on Fridays so have to get through another weekend! Evidently the title company has a 'rule' that ALL papers have to be in their office for 24 hours before a FINAL closing. Who knows why.

Yesterday I completed the last of it and signed a gazillion papers! Talk about signing your life away. lol Then I went to the house and did a really good walk through which was MUCH easier without other people hanging around. The owner left a table and chairs set which, at one time, was probably pretty nice but the chairs are badly water damaged. The table I'll keep. A very nice teakwood that can be refinished! I have plans! lol

The good thing about all this is I have more time to pack things up. The bad thing is I have more time to pack things up and I'm a bad bad procrastinator. I work better 'under pressure' but I get tired just thinking about it all. So, I guess I'll be moving on Tues. and Wed..

Old 03-21-2015, 10:58 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,582,602 times
Congrats, AZDBrat! You are so lucky to only be moving a short distance! I can't wait to see the transformation!

Old 03-21-2015, 11:44 AM

23,604 posts, read 32,145,856 times
Congratulations indeed, AZDB. I wish you nothing but joy and smooth sailing. It's been quite a year for you already but you've clearly landed on your feet. Way to go!

Old 03-21-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Congrats, AZDBrat! You are so lucky to only be moving a short distance! I can't wait to see the transformation!
I know! A whole mile and a half away. lol I can't wait to see the transformation either.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Congratulations indeed, AZDB. I wish you nothing but joy and smooth sailing. It's been quite a year for you already but you've clearly landed on your feet. Way to go!
Thanks! It has been an eventful year thus far, that's for sure. I was thinking yesterday that March is generally NOT a good time of year for me. Seems like a lot of both the positive and negative things happen around me in March. Got married and divorced in March, twice! Last March my sister nearly died so I made a trip to So. Dakota and two weeks later my niece got sick and nearly died. Not a good month. This year is 180...for the most part...and I'm grateful for that. The past three months have been pretty stressful around here but it's almost over! Landing on my feet is the only option I have.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM

23,604 posts, read 32,145,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Thanks! It has been an eventful year thus far, that's for sure. I was thinking yesterday that March is generally NOT a good time of year for me. Seems like a lot of both the positive and negative things happen around me in March. Got married and divorced in March, twice! Last March my sister nearly died so I made a trip to So. Dakota and two weeks later my niece got sick and nearly died. Not a good month. This year is 180...for the most part...and I'm grateful for that. The past three months have been pretty stressful around here but it's almost over! Landing on my feet is the only option I have.
So from here-on-out you can refer to this as that wonderfully Magic March. Ya done good!

Old 03-21-2015, 01:58 PM

9,862 posts, read 11,417,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
My chickens get Purina Layena as well as Purina scratch.
They also get table scraps (not meat though).
And I give them watermelon in the summer and hot oats in the winter

And when they are past their prime they get to live out a full retirement.

Truly fresh eggs have a hard shell and a deep almost orange yolk.
They are nearly impossible to peel as hard boiled eggs.
I have two pet chickens and I do eat the eggs, but I'll never eat them. I had a hen who lived to the age of thirteen.

I get them watermelon. In fact, one of them is named Watermelon. The other one is named Mealworm. They both love mealworms.

Yolks vary in color with season and diet. I've never had a problem peeling a hard boiled egg, but I use old eggs for boiling. As the eggs age the membrane separates from the shell.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:14 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,582,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I have two pet chickens and I do eat the eggs, but I'll never eat them. I had a hen who lived to the age of thirteen.

>snip<.
Awwwww, HiW, you crotchety old softie {{{{{{}}}}}

Old 03-21-2015, 04:26 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,516,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
The t's are crossed and the i's dotted...and I still can't move into my house! lol It's been one thing after another for the past week or so. Had a hard time getting my homeowner's insurance up and running because they gave me the wrong phone number! I had the 'claims' number and every time I tried to call I got[B] an "away from my desk" recording[/B]. FINALLY, after the weekend, I got the right number and got that taken care of.
Yay, yay, yay on all the paperwork and closing

(And don't ever try to file a claim? )

Old 03-21-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Yay, yay, yay on all the paperwork and closing

(And don't ever try to file a claim? )
It's been a little frustrating. If they had just given me a list of all the documents they'd need I could have had them sooner! And the money too, for that matter.

I know huh? Try to file a claim but you'd never find anyone at their desk! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement