U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 06:29 PM

3,423 posts, read 5,208,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Hey, Zug, how are your adopted future daughters?? Say woof to them for me!
Don't have them yet. Daisy had a lump and went to the vet last week, needle aspiration was questionable so she went back today for a biopsy. Got an email that it will be 4 or 5 days until the report is back but the vet said it doesn't look good, probably a sarcoma. I did a little reading up on soft tissue sarcomas, surgery and chemo are possible treatments. I don't know what the next step will be on the part of the rescue.

Meanwhile, Zack, the 14.6 year old is beginning to lose control over his bowels, pooping in his sleep and the weakness in his left rear leg is getting worse. Going up and down just the few broad, shallow steps from the back porch to the yard is becoming more of a challenge for him. I've been down that road before with another old black lab and I can't help but wonder just how much longer his quality of life will remain good. Experience has taught me that at this point things can often go down hill quite rapidly. I guess that I should let his former owner know that things are not looking too good for him, perhaps he will come and visit one more time.

Boca continues to remain completely obsessed with one of the cats, she continues to ignore him.

Zugor the goat seems to be content to remain in his own pasture, guess things are greening up enough for him to stick by the horses.

A lone goose made a short visit of a few days on the pond but no nesting mamas at this point.

That's it for the critter round up news.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:02 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Yes, it does. BTW, I take codeine (codeine sulfate) all day every day and have for years now. Although I don't take it for pain relief, it creates a problem for when I do need something for pain. Even dilaudid does little for me these days.
Sorry to hear this, why are you taking it?? Hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I used to play Pac Man all the time-pretty good at it too. Love this - but when will I ever get some sleep?????????????
Thanks!!!
{{{{{{{Umbria}}}}}}} still up north, I see.

Ah, Zugor, you are earning your wings caring for those old dogs. I know that feeling, when they start to turn that corner and approach check out time. Deep breaths, treasure every moment.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:42 AM

8,319 posts, read 12,071,104 times
Quote:
Sorry to hear this, why are you taking it?? Hugs.
I take it to reduce/slow intestinal motility.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:06 PM

I will have to look that up, MMoB.

New email scam received today via email:

' Federal Bureau of Investigation

Intelligence Field Unit Dallas Fortworth

International Airport, Texas

I am Assistant Special Agent Incharge Donald W. Freese from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Intelligence Field Unit, we Intercepted two consignment boxes at Dallas Fortworth International Airport, Texas, the boxes were scanned but found out that it contained large sum of money and also some backup documents which bears your name as the Beneficiary/Receiver of the money, Investigation carried out on the diplomat that accompanied the boxes into the United States, said that he was to deliver the fund to your residence as overdue payment owed to you by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the security company in the United Kingdom.

Meanwhile, we cross check all legal documents in the boxes but we found out that your consignment was lacking an important document and we cannot release the boxes to the diplomat until the document is found, right now we have no other choice than to confiscated your consignment.

According to Internal Revenue Code (IRC) in Title 26 also contain reporting requirement on a Form 8300, Report of Cash Payment Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, money laundering activity may violate 18 USC 1956, 18 USC 1957, 18 USC 1960, and provision of Title 31, and 26 USC 6050I of the United States Code (USC), this section will discuss only those money laundering and currency violation under the jurisdiction of IRS, your consignment lacks proof of ownership certificate from the joint team of IRS and IRC, therefore you need to reply back immediately for direction on how to procure this certificate to enable us relieved the charge of evading the law on you, which is a punishable offense in the United States.

You are required to reply back within 72hours for normalization and release of your consignment boxes for onward delivery to your address, also you are instructed to desist from further contact with any bank(s) or person(s) in Nigeria or the United kingdom or any part of the world regarding your payment because your consignment has been confiscated by the Federal Bureau here in the United States.

Yours In Service,

Agent Donald W. Freese

Assistant Special Agent Incharge
FBI- Dallas Area Division'

OMG friggin' hilarious!!!!!!!

Old 04-02-2015, 03:51 PM

16,595 posts, read 10,544,980 times
actually quite creative with all those numbers and letters and such.

I wonder if you sent a reply:

Dear Agent Donald W. Freese.

I am really impressed with all the effort you put into finding out that I was the beneficiary of this large sum of money. Please be assured I will have no further contact with any bank or person in either Nigeria or the United Kingdom (except Jezer of course).

As a federal agent I assume you cannot accept the money as a gift so please give it to your proctologist in partial payment for the treatment you so desparately need.

Thank you for your time.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:20 PM

Bwaaaaaahahahaha, thanks, PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMoB, would probiotics help???????? Did wonders for my dad's IBD/IBS.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:32 PM

8,319 posts, read 12,071,104 times
Quote:
MMoB, would probiotics help???????? Did wonders for my dad's IBD/IBS.
Not really since I no longer have a colon, although I do occasionally take a prescription-strength probiotic (VSL#3 DS) when my J pouch becomes inflamed.

Does your dad have IBD or IBS? There's a huge difference between the two, although some of the symptoms can be similar. Basically, there's no underlying organic disease associated with IBS.

CCFA: IBS and IBD: Two Very Different Disorders

Old 04-03-2015, 05:30 AM

Eek, not sure, I think the less serious of the two. The probiotics took care of it, he's symptom free.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:42 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Call out to AZDesertBrat!

You haven't posted for awhile ... how's the new home coming along???

Old 04-03-2015, 01:51 PM

Yeah, we want to start decorating!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement