U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 02:35 PM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Call out to AZDesertBrat!

You haven't posted for awhile ... how's the new home coming along???
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Yeah, we want to start decorating!!!!!!!!!!!

Scene: AZ DesertBrat in new place:

"Hum, lets see - how 'bout I move that piece over there and , no wait, that won't work, put it back where it started. Oh, I know, if I put this piece over here and then move that one....... "

She's having too much fun playing house.

Old 04-03-2015, 03:17 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,484,853 times
Wishing everyone a Merry Easter and a Happy Passover.

For me it's a wonderful time of year ... any day now the daffodil heads will open up (the crocuses have been blooming for a week). In a few days I will start packing away the sweaters and getting out the short sleeve shirts. The days are longer!

Old 04-03-2015, 03:31 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Yes, happy holiday to all! Thanks, Clark.

Anyone heard from robyn55? She hasn't posted since September.........

Old 04-03-2015, 09:12 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

For me it's a wonderful time of year ... any day now the daffodil heads will open up (the crocuses have been blooming for a week). In a few days I will start packing away the sweaters and getting out the short sleeve shirts. The days are longer!
We're a few weeks behind you, we still have snow on the ground in many places. Longer days, wonderful. I don't like DST, however, just never felt right to me. I'm rebelling and living an hour behind, and I can do this cuz I'm retired.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:38 AM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
There are mountains of snow in parking lots where the plows shoved it but our back yard is mostly clear now. Yesterday I was able to get out there for the first time. The little Japanese maple that I planted had been under the snow, broken in half. I straightened it out and it's standing tall and may survive. The lilac bush is mostly destroyed with a lot of broken off branches. The snow was so heavy and things were buried for months.

BUT the crocuses are up, not blooming but up. Sedum Autumn Joy is UP--you couldn't get rid of it if you wanted to.

Happy Easter, happy spring.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:13 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times
The hillside across the main road has lots of maples and they are now showing that faint red haze of new growth, before the leaves even begin to make chlorophyll. Spring really is finally here and I've seen quite a few batches of daffs as I travel round the county.

Zack's former owner Rick and his daughter are coming to visit him this afternoon. I'm glad that they are able to do so while he still has a little bit of spring in his step, even if it is of short duration before he's ready to come back inside and return to bed.

No word yet on the biopsy results for Daisy.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:01 AM

2,907 posts, read 4,630,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post

Anyone heard from robyn55? She hasn't posted since September.........
No...I hope everything's OK with her. Enjoyed her posts.

Old 04-04-2015, 03:43 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,484,853 times
My next door neighbor's daffodils have opened. Our houses face south and the place where in the sunlight is greatest things bloom a week earlier. I have some in my north facing back yard, but they won't bloom for another week.

The most beautiful time of spring, for me, is when the flowering trees are in bloom. First, it is the magnolias and the redbud trees. Then come the cherry trees and the crab apples. Finally - my favorites - are the dogwoods.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:22 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Default DR Christiane Northrup

Ladies - Have any of you seen Dr Northrup on PBS? Love love her.

First - she's funny - really funny. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, when she comes on I'm laughing.

Second - She's smart and I never question a thing that comes out her mouth.

Her latest: "Glorious Women Never Age" - excellent. Lots of good advice for all of us~~~~~and the men too. Lots of men in the audience and they are laughing just as hard as the ladies.

She stresses that sitting is your butt all the time will age you faster in so many ways and for so many reasons.

OK, carry on~~~

Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Ladies - Have any of you seen Dr Northrup on PBS? Love love her.

First - she's funny - really funny. It doesn't matter what mood I'm in, when she comes on I'm laughing.

Second - She's smart and I never question a thing that comes out her mouth.

Her latest: "Glorious Women Never Age" - excellent. Lots of good advice for all of us~~~~~and the men too. Lots of men in the audience and they are laughing just as hard as the ladies.

She stresses that sitting is your butt all the time will age you faster in so many ways and for so many reasons.

OK, carry on~~~
Yes, love her. Every time I've seen her I feel energized and resolve to get up off my butt. We need more people on the air like her who take a large view of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement