U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 05:15 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times

Advertisements

LOL Zug, law enforcement showed up? Up here that cow would have been partying for at least a half hour before they showed.

HiW, I haven't had a garden in years otherwise I would compost.

That is a cool setup for your well, I will have to check that out since the new place is just like here, well and septic.

negirl, congrats and best wishes on your new deck! Exciting!
We will sell after we leave, I will not deal with trying to sell while we are here. No way.

Quite the step up in the new place from a 1/1 cottage to a 3/2.5 ranch. Can't wait. We will have Gand's lizard problem. No need to buy cat toys.

Wow, Clark, we don't even have grass yet. And no peepers, either. PA, are your peepers the little singing frogs? That's what we call the tree frogs here.

Finally got DH to sleep with a Vicodin and a Celebrex. zzzzzzzzzz

Old 04-13-2015, 07:35 AM

16,595 posts, read 10,544,980 times
Not sure if they're tree frogs but they're little frogs that make a whole lot of noise this time of year. The story is that summer is 6 weeks after they start peeping.

More accurate than a dumb woodchuck.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
.............>>>>>(SNIP)<<<<<<<HiW, I haven't had a garden in years otherwise I would compost.
Yes, I'm sure you would have a garden and use 'compost' if you so decided and I'll bet it would be great,..........HOWEVER, The "SIX MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS:" Would you make your Compost the same way HiW does

Old 04-13-2015, 01:07 PM

9,667 posts, read 11,120,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
Yes, I'm sure you would have a garden and use 'compost' if you so decided and I'll bet it would be great,..........HOWEVER, The "SIX MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION IS:" Would you make your Compost the same way HiW does
"Waste not; want not.''

I'm considering marketing it in two pound packages for houseplants. It will be an artisanal compost. My slogan will be, ''I put myself in every bag.''

Old 04-13-2015, 01:17 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
"Waste not; want not.''

I'm considering marketing it in two pound packages for houseplants. It will be an artisanal compost. My slogan will be, ''I put myself in every bag.''
^^^^^^^^

Old 04-13-2015, 02:30 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Anything else making its way in?
Not that I've seen or heard.

I'm happy to say that the original invaders were dealt with by the mighty hunter Whack the Cat.

Alas, the carcasses had to be dealt with by me.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:15 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,166,556 times
What is this a sign of?

Yesterday I went to a shoe repair shop to pick up an expensive shoe that had its tongue chewed by my dog when she was a puppy. $15 repair.

I was carrying the single shoe to the car with a cup of coffee along with something else and I put the shoe on top of the car (I do that kind of thing) while getting the other stuff into the front seat. Of course I drove off with the shoe on top of the car. All through town people were waving at my car. It was a beautiful day; I thought everyone was in a great mood and being friendly. I started waving back, till another driver kept jabbing his hand in the air toward to the roof of my car. I was able to pull over and retrieve it.

Two days later, gathering up my winter shoes and boots to put away, I couldn't find the repaired shoe. I looked everywhere for it, my car, every closet. Nowhere. Now I was getting worried about myself. Then I suddenly found it when I grabbed the dog bed to put it outside to air. There it was, under the little bed. Must be something in that leather.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:12 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
ummmmmm, probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
"Waste not; want not.''

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Not that I've seen or heard.

I'm happy to say that the original invaders were dealt with by the mighty hunter Whack the Cat.

Alas, the carcasses had to be dealt with by me.
Another reason to love your big yellow Playtex gloves Don't forget to check the bed for snipers (kidding)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
What is this a sign of?

Yesterday I went to a shoe repair shop to pick up an expensive shoe that had its tongue chewed by my dog when she was a puppy. $15 repair.

I was carrying the single shoe to the car with a cup of coffee along with something else and I put the shoe on top of the car (I do that kind of thing) while getting the other stuff into the front seat. Of course I drove off with the shoe on top of the car. All through town people were waving at my car. It was a beautiful day; I thought everyone was in a great mood and being friendly. I started waving back, till another driver kept jabbing his hand in the air toward to the roof of my car. I was able to pull over and retrieve it.

Two days later, gathering up my winter shoes and boots to put away, I couldn't find the repaired shoe. I looked everywhere for it, my car, every closet. Nowhere. Now I was getting worried about myself. Then I suddenly found it when I grabbed the dog bed to put it outside to air. There it was, under the little bed. Must be something in that leather.
This is a sign of having too few hands or too many things in them.

But LOL I would have loved to have seen the video!

Note to self: install sticky note on dash that reads what did you put on the roof?

Old 04-15-2015, 03:45 PM

8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Default I'm baaaaaack!!!

Hi y'all! I'm back online and happy about that! The phone company FINALLY showed up yesterday morning but I waited for my nephew to get my computer hooked up. I am sooo relieved! You wouldn't believe the e-mails I had waiting and only a couple of any importance. I had over 500 in my trash folder when all was said and done. Sheesh. Buy a house and the whole world wants to sell you something. I don't know how they all got my e-mail addy though.

So....things are good here. The house is taking shape and, for the most part, put together. Still have a few pieces of furniture to get and some area rugs, etc. but otherwise looking good. This place is cavernous to me though and I 'echo' in rooms like the living room. lol The roses and Iris's are blooming and so pretty.

Met my next door neighbor yesterday. His father in law works with me at Walmart. And, speaking of Walmart, they made me full time! I didn't particularly want it but the money will be nice and the bennies better...more vacation/PTO, etc.. With my raise in July my income will jump over $4,000 a year so I guess I won't complain. They pay me a little more on days when I train newbies as well and I love training. I try to teach them the RIGHT way to do things...my way. lol

I'm taking on a non-paying roommate also. It's my nephew's wife. She's an alcoholic/addict and just got out of rehab today but will be going back the end of May for the 'full treatment'. They just don't have a bed available right now. BUT she will be on a very short leash, have a LOT of ground rules and just ONE screw up and she's gone. I've already told her this but I am her last resort so we will see. We will have a long and serious discussion about this tonight. She can make herself useful around here and she HAS to find a job. She actually has one lined up and just has to finalize it with the employer. I'm helping her to 'save' her truck so I won't have to also be her transportation. Luckily for her I live just down the street from the counselors and she could walk, if she had to. She will be attending meetings five days a week. She will have to work to regain my trust, since she screwed up with me a couple weeks ago, but hopefully she's fallen low enough that she really wants to help herself. My nephew is filing for legal separation and custody of their two year old. They are living with his mom and are doing okay.

And that's how it is here. I am happy, doing well and I feel like my Mama is still looking out for me! I don't have to deal with my brother anymore, ever, if I don't want to...and I don't. His stepdaughter has moved into my old house but she says he's still treating her like she lives in 'his house' so that may not last long. She feels like she's an adult...19...working and paying rent so she's resentful. Poor kid, just having to deal with that idiot!

So, anyway...I am so happy to be back and catch up with everyone. I know I've missed a LOT but won't go back to read everything. Just continue on...

Old 04-15-2015, 04:03 PM

8,092 posts, read 13,354,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Hi y'all! I'm back online and happy about that!
And so are we
Check your DM's!
Congrats on the promotion!
Take care with the niece-in-law. You're brave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement