U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2015, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Reputation: 11350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
And so are we
Check your DM's!
Congrats on the promotion!
Take care with the niece-in-law. You're brave.
I checked it and thanks for thinking of me. Unfortunately my job gets in the way of going there. Dang job! lol I can't even hit the yard sales because of that!

Thanks for the congrats. I can't believe I'll soon be with WM for five years. Time flies, even when you aren't having fun! lol

I'll try with the niece. I love the kid...she's in her late 20s...and I really want to see her succeed and get her act together. I've known her since she was in junior high. She has a two year old that needs her. My nephew is being a jerk sometimes but then he's the son of my jerk brother so there ya are. One of the stipulations is that he cannot come here if she's here. If she's at work, or anywhere else, yes. Otherwise no. I will NOT have them disrupting my home, making any scenes or causing any drama. He has given me his word that it won't happen. I talked to him about it when he came over to set up my computer. Not "brave" but trying to be hopeful without being too trusting.

 
Old 04-16-2015, 06:08 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
Reputation: 7530
Good luck AZDBrat and congrats on the promotion! You're so fortunate to love your job.

Best wishes for you and your niece, maybe getting her away from your bro and nephew is the ticket.



Brrrrrrr, frost on the ground and 27F. Funny how a month ago that was the high for the day and I was grateful for it
 
Old 04-16-2015, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Floyd Co, VA
3,423 posts, read 5,208,052 times
Reputation: 7276
AZDB - Congrats on the good things happening in your life now. I hope that your niece finds a lasting recovery.

I would gladly send ALL the overcast skies and rain we are getting to the parched west, especially the 1.67 inches predicted for Sunday. It's going to take two passes to mow once the very tall grass has a chance to dry out a bit. I suppose this should mean a good hay crop, maybe even a very good second cutting, for our farmers and the livestock will have plenty to eat next winter.

Saw my podiatrist on Tuesday and got my poor old feet worked on and also decided to try again for new orthotics. I think the tech who used the computer design equipment knew what she was doing and hopefully this time I'll get a good pair. I tried a couple of years ago with a different podiatry office and what I got was so obviously wrong it could be seen, didn't even have to try them out.
 
Old 04-16-2015, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Good luck AZDBrat and congrats on the promotion! You're so fortunate to love your job.

Best wishes for you and your niece, maybe getting her away from your bro and nephew is the ticket.



Brrrrrrr, frost on the ground and 27F. Funny how a month ago that was the high for the day and I was grateful for it
Thank you, thank you! I've had enough crappy jobs to know a good one when I've got it! lol

I HOPE my niece does well. It's all up to her. My nephew will always be around. I'm like a second mom to him but that doesn't mean I have to put up with his garbage.

It was either 37 or 47 when I got up this morning. I checked both weather stations on TV and they are NEVER in sync. My house stays at a pretty even temp, between 65 and 72, all the time. Haven't used the heating or cooling since I've been here. Chilly in the early AM but a warm robe takes care of that! It has been really windy here and blowing all the roses off the bushes! I should cut some buds and bring them in.
 
Old 04-16-2015, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
AZDB - Congrats on the good things happening in your life now. I hope that your niece finds a lasting recovery.

I would gladly send ALL the overcast skies and rain we are getting to the parched west, especially the 1.67 inches predicted for Sunday. It's going to take two passes to mow once the very tall grass has a chance to dry out a bit. I suppose this should mean a good hay crop, maybe even a very good second cutting, for our farmers and the livestock will have plenty to eat next winter.

Saw my podiatrist on Tuesday and got my poor old feet worked on and also decided to try again for new orthotics. I think the tech who used the computer design equipment knew what she was doing and hopefully this time I'll get a good pair. I tried a couple of years ago with a different podiatry office and what I got was so obviously wrong it could be seen, didn't even have to try them out.
I would be happy to take your rain except for the fact that my entire yard is dirt and turns into a mud pit when it rains. We really need it though.

So sorry to hear about your foot problems. Hope they can find something that will be truly comfortable and easy for you.
 
Old 04-17-2015, 07:08 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
Reputation: 7530
Zugor, are you a Pisces? Bad feet go with the territory. Best wishes.

Raining here, too. It's going to clear though.

LMAO roses, AZDB! I looked out the window to the side yard and saw....gasp....the tulips popping up out of the soil. Three inches high the leaves are.
 
Old 04-17-2015, 11:40 AM
 
6,612 posts, read 5,271,149 times
Reputation: 13700
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I would be happy to take your rain except for the fact that my entire yard is dirt and turns into a mud pit when it rains. We really need it though.

So sorry to hear about your foot problems. Hope they can find something that will be truly comfortable and easy for you.
Good to see you posting. We were concerned!
 
Old 04-17-2015, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Zugor, are you a Pisces? Bad feet go with the territory. Best wishes.

Raining here, too. It's going to clear though.

LMAO roses, AZDB! I looked out the window to the side yard and saw....gasp....the tulips popping up out of the soil. Three inches high the leaves are.
How cool! I love Tulips. I might just plant some. I remember planting some for my aunt and, boy, do those things spread! But so pretty.
 
Old 04-17-2015, 04:51 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,764 posts, read 9,837,465 times
Reputation: 11350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
Good to see you posting. We were concerned!
It's good to be back! I've missed all of you a lot. Having a heck of a time getting caught up though. You guys are all such prolific posters! lol Tell all at About I said Hi!! I still can't post there.
 
Old 04-17-2015, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles area
14,017 posts, read 17,933,764 times
Reputation: 32336
Default Point/counterpoint LOL

I know some of you think my sense of humor is a bit weird, but I am still chuckling about two back-to-back posts, both about me, which were written today in the same thread. They couldn't be more diametrically opposed, LOL. Actually, I think only the first one is funny, but it's a real knee-slapper. It is a bit long, but I'll give the relevant sentences:

".....But since you asked, I'll explain....., and then you can feel like the ass you are.... .....it never ceases to amaze me how nasty individuals like you manage to outlive good people like my relatives. It's a miracle you haven't been shot yet."

The second one is shorter, and I quote it in its entirety:

"I don't know what subject you taught in school, Escort Rider, but I would like to have been in your class! You explain things well and use a lot of common sense. I might not always agree with you (though I do often) but you make me think. That can't be bad!"

One of the odd things about this is the juxtaposition of the two posts back-to-back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top