U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 AM

3,423 posts, read 5,210,143 times

Advertisements

CCcGirl, I am a Virgo so I can't blame my bad feet on the stars. The first bone behind my forth toe on each foot is dropped down and so there is tremedous pressure on that spot on each foot. My orthotics have a groove cut in them to accomodate that bulge but it still builds up callous which has to be pared down. I could have surgery to lift the bones but generally it's not worth it and often times the problem then "moves" over to the next toe.

The big news - They're here - Bella and Daisy. On Friday I drove up as far as Charles Town, WV with my two dogs and we stayed overnight there. Saturday morning we headed over to the home of the people who were fostering the girls in MD and spent about two hours there to make sure that they all would get along well enough. Boca was a bit rowdy but nothing to worry about or prevent the adoption. So I loaded all 4 big dogs in the Suburban and we headed home. The trip up and down I-81 was beautiful, so many dogwoods and Bradford pear trees in bloom and I only encountered one very brief spate of heavy rain that had even the truckers slowing down to 35 and putting on their flashers. Part of the trip went through some serious horse country, where I'm sure the folks call the pastures paddocks and the massive stables cost a small fortune to build.

From Nov. 18th 2014, when I had my last oil change until we went on this journey it took 5 months for me to rack up 1200 miles (and that included a 180 trip to Winston-Salem back in Feb). In this two day journey I drove 668 miles and when I got home yesterday I was really beat. It didn't help that I'd spent the night in a noisy motel with traffic, the need to run the A/C all night and people passing by our door until about 2 am. But hey, the dogs were allowed so I can't complain too much.

We're expecting around 2 inches of rain so the creek will overflow it's banks and I won't be able to take the girls down there for some much needed exercise for a few days. They are both seriously overweight and swimming will be easy on their joints, not to mention fun. After all, they are black labs.

All the critters are enjoying a snooze and I think they must emit some sort of soporific miasma that makes me want to follow their example and take a nap too. Yup, I can hear my recliner calling softly, luring me in.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Old 04-19-2015, 11:12 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Zug, it was just a guess. I am glad it isn't something more horrific that orthotics can't handle.

Sounds like it's been a long couple of days for you and the dogs, follow their lead and rest!

So happy for your new kids to finally be home!

It is good to have guests now and then, the house is clean(er) and not cluttered up with boxes and shipping supplies. Of course it's all stuffed in the laundry room.

Loafing about. DH is resting, this is the third day on azithromycin so I am hoping he will begin to feel better. (pneumonia) Colder and windy out.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:16 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
...........>> SNIP >>.... I have a ""half aunt"" whom I have never met.
.................................Being the 'smart-a$$' that I am, Which half do you think she is: Top Half or Botton Half?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:23 PM

LOL No idea. She is the child of my mother's father and his second wife. We have the same first name. I have never seen or spoken to her.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:25 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
Been a little under the weather. Dealing with a cold for a two weeks. Thought it was done with. Went to the store Friday afternoon and completely lost my voice. Now I feel like c**p.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:29 PM

BJW, don't do what I did and not see a doc after two months. It took me a year, yes, a year, to kick the sinus infection.

Are you sure it's a cold? No fever? Are you exhausted after moderate activity? Like the day after I mowed the lawn I was in bed for the entire day. Bad taste in mouth? Food tastes like crap? Pressure behind your eyes?

Old 04-19-2015, 06:44 PM

3,759 posts, read 4,274,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zugor View Post
<snip>
The big news - They're here - Bella and Daisy. On Friday I drove up as far as Charles Town, WV with my two dogs and we stayed overnight there. Saturday morning we headed over to the home of the people who were fostering the girls in MD and spent about two hours there to make sure that they all would get along well enough. Boca was a bit rowdy but nothing to worry about or prevent the adoption. So I loaded all 4 big dogs in the Suburban and we headed home. The trip up and down I-81 was beautiful, so many dogwoods and Bradford pear trees in bloom and I only encountered one very brief spate of heavy rain that had even the truckers slowing down to 35 and putting on their flashers. Part of the trip went through some serious horse country, where I'm sure the folks call the pastures paddocks and the massive stables cost a small fortune to build. <snip>
Oh, I am so jealous! I haven't driven out that way for at least a couple of years. Did you see any redbuds?

Old 04-22-2015, 08:01 AM

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."

- Judy Garland

Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Default I really thought...

I would get to spend more time here once I got my internet back. Guess that's what I get for thinking! Between all the 'house stuff' and my niece being here, I don't have nearly the time I used to have. I can get here in the AM, sometimes, but niece is using my office as her bedroom so.... I admit I'm ready for work a lot sooner every day. lol My 'schedule' is nothing like it was before around home. I'm now doing the stuff 'normal' people do like cooking dinner every day instead of coming home and grazing in the kitchen.

My niece keeps me jumping and she's caused a few problems herself but she's only here till May 25th when she goes to rehab. She's had one 'slipup' and lucky for her there was no bed available or she'd be gone now to the women's shelter. She knows she's on thin ice and, believe me, I know how to administer 'tough love'. She has some strict boundries and even a curfew. I don't care if she IS 30. She acts like a teenager that hasn't got good sense sometimes.

I've spent most of today working on my two acres of wood floors. Whew! They are really bad with dirt and dust. It takes three Swiffer wet pads to do each section of floor and then I'm applying a shine liquid and they are beautiful. I have big rooms and ran out of 'stuff'. Went to Walmart and did my first big shop in three months. Before I moved I just used stuff out of the freezer and pantry so I wouldn't have to move it. The fridge/freezer in my kitchen here is small compared to the side by side I did have but I have one of those in the laundry room so it works out.

Yesterday my nephew came and took away an ugly old storage shed that was erected practically up against the house. Next Tues. I have a plumber coming to check out some things and I'm a bit concerned about that. I have a 'honey do' list a mile long and no 'honey' to do it so nephew will help out there in his spare time. I thought about calling the Hire A Vet outfit but they charge more an hour than I make! I can do most of the little things around here but am in need of a tallll ladder. High ceilings...changing light bulbs...a challenge for me! They didn't change them before they left but they left me the spare bulbs! How nice of them! lol

I've been trying to at least get here to read all the posts every day but haven't had much time to get involved in the posting. I DID get into a thread about Walmart in another forum. Just can't resist those I guess. lol I'll try to be better!!

Oh...and I still haven't got my check from CD. I did an address change before I moved and I also sent them my new address twice, but nothing yet.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:33 PM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
AZDesertBrat -- It is good to hear you sounding so chipper and enjoying your new home. I know you have gone through a lot these last few months and it is great that you seem to be sailing into some smooth waters for a while. Did you end up moving far from your mom's place? It sounds like you are still up in Camp Verde, and still working at the same Walmart? We are down in the Phoenix area and we know that the hot summer will be coming soon. But right now it is spring and all the flowers are blooming, so I am happy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement