U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times

Advertisements

TThanks, cc. What I wrote was, "I'm not going to cash a check that says full & final. As it stands, you receive $51,572.79. Please send a detailed list of the expenses. If I would sign this check, as it stands- ie full & final, I would receive $41,058.21. I don't know why that doesn't make sense to me, but it doesn't. Please send an accounting of your expenses & BCBA breakdown. Thank you.

Wonderful that you love your new place. You will fill it with love and karma will prevail. I can imagine the peace & happiness that you will experience.

Old 05-27-2015, 04:37 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Great news NYgal! So excited for you.

Don't take any crap, meo. Give 'em hell!

I am getting less worried and looking forward to the move. DH is really relieved that daughter and BF can do the big haul. He felt so much better yesterday.

So good that we completely dismantled the tractor that we've been working on for the last two months. All the good parts are clean and ready to go up on ebay.

One of his buddies stopped up on his Harley and visited for awhile, It was nice to see DH feeling good.
Thanks CCc girl. With decision made re apartment, I have been pretty preoccupied with sister. Bad weekend, thought Monday was going to be the end. But rallied on Tuesday and surprise of surprises, her daughter showed up (been out of picture for about a year.... her choice). Have been getting Facebook messages from my daughter too. Think both of these girls were shocked to hear I'm heading to NC in a few months. I'm not changing my mind. They may be here but the drama continues for them.

And that is wonderful news about your DH. Must be a huge relief for you and having his buddy stop by must have lifted his spirits a lot, too.

Good luck with your move!

Old 05-27-2015, 05:19 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Go meo, lawyers are so inept at details......make them cough it up.

NY2gal, wowsers about your sister. There is always a 'rally' before check out, no telling how long it lasts. How sad about her daughters.

Another hot and humid one today. Florida weather

Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Go meo, lawyers are so inept at details......make them cough it up.

NY2gal, wowsers about your sister. There is always a 'rally' before check out, no telling how long it lasts. How sad about her daughters.

Another hot and humid one today. Florida weather
Pretty hot here today too. Was more-so yesterday. But I best get used to it.... moving to W-S end of August.

My sister has one daughter who finally came to see her yesterday after over a year's absence. She was angry with me too. Some days you just can't win.

The other girl I wrote about is my daughter. She and I have not had a good relationship in 30+ years. Every now and then she breaks through her wall to let me know she is still alive but then retreats back behind it. I give up. My son is a different story.

I'll be glad to leave the drama behind me. Looking forward to peaceful life on my terms. Let the "kids" figure it out themselves. I had to.

CCc girl, I have forgotten where you are moving to. Or just downsizing where you are? I looked at your pictures in your album..... lots of land, beautiful house, etc. You must have been very busy people!

Old 05-27-2015, 08:51 AM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Thanks, ADB. I apprec iate all of the well wishes and support here.

So excited for your new place! We want pictures!

Off to tidy up the living room. My dad is coming Monday to drive a car down for us. I am going to load it to the gills!
Not good about taking pics. No camera and no phone that takes them either.

I've done that "load it to the gills" thing myself. lol Can't believe your move is getting so close! Hope all goes well and easy for you guys.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:04 PM

AZDB, thanks, I think we are into the groove now. I have been packing up china that I don't use regularly to load in the car my dad is driving down for us.

AND we are on day two consecutive days that DH is sleeping well, no breathing issues, and up to the workshop to get more done! He is slowly learning to say 'junk' when I hold something up instead of, 'someday someone might want it'.

O happy happy happy! I will take the backache!

Old 05-29-2015, 11:06 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
Things are going well. My daughter and her bf got settled into to their house. They're having us over for dinner on Sunday. Wife got a new car. A 2015 Honda Odyssey. IMO she went overboard with customizing it. But it's hers. She will be starting a new teachingjob across the river in Iowa. Her district did a RIF. She decided to take severance pay. We used have of it as a down payment and the other half to purchase service credit for IPERS. She will be drawings her NPERS pension starting next month.

Old 05-30-2015, 11:37 AM

NY2gal, we are moving to Palm Beach county FL.

Agree, let your kids figure it out, not your circus or monkeys.

BJW50, are you feeling better? Dh is finally on the mend after eight weeks. Do you mind if I ask you which antibiotic you were given? We used azithromycin.

Congrats on the new ride and your DW ritiring. Time to enjoy life!

We did get some photos of more parts for ebay on Thursday, I just finished putting them up.

Old 05-30-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:

BJW50, are you feeling better? Dh is finally on the mend after eight weeks. Do you mind if I ask you which antibiotic you were given? We used azithromycin.

We did get some photos of more parts for ebay on Thursday, I just finished putting them up.
Thanks CCc girl. I could not remember. Memory is a bit shot lately but have been reading a lot of things and apparently they don't "store" in my mind very well.

I read some really terrible reviews about the apartment complex I selected. Think I need to reconsider. Moving day end of August so am starting to feel the crunch.

I hope you enjoy your new home in Palm Beach area. I've been to the Fort Lauderdale area and while it is not for me, it is very pretty there. The best news, of course, is your DH feeling better. That has to take a huge weight off your shoulders.

Hope your life is happy and easier from now on. Good luck to you.

BTW--- I have not seen anything by "brokensky" in quite a while...... do you know anything recent?

Old 05-30-2015, 05:36 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,020,323 times
Quote:

I took a z-pack. Honestly i felt worse for the first couple days after i started.

My wife is not fully retired yet. She changed districts and states. She plans to teach for 2-3 more years.

Last edited by BJW50; 05-30-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement