U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 AM

86,093 posts, read 73,157,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Awesome, NY2gal.

Question for anyone, when did you contact a realtor before moving? Months, weeks?

Moved the moving date to mid July. Still seems too soon.
A realtor to sell your home ?

When I sold mine:

I found a realtor in April.
She came over to look over the house.
I told her what I planned to do before listing (painting, driveway refinishing, etc).
That was all done by June.
I moved in July and the house was listed.

She did keep in touch between April and July to see if I was still on track.
I wanted to be out before it was listed.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:56 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Thanks, HT, that's my plan. I want to be out of here before listing, too much to deal with.

Old 06-02-2015, 08:00 AM

14,017 posts, read 17,939,286 times
Quote:
Awesome, NY2gal.

Question for anyone, when did you contact a realtor before moving? Months, weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A realtor to sell your home ?

When I sold mine:

I found a realtor in April.
She came over to look over the house.
I told her what I planned to do before listing (painting, driveway refinishing, etc).
That was all done by June.
I moved in July and the house was listed.

She did keep in touch between April and July to see if I was still on track.
I wanted to be out before it was listed.
CCc girl, You seem to imply that you want to be moved out before your property is listed, like Happy Texan. Even in that case, it is certainly NOT too early to contact a realtor. You may want to interview two or three to get an idea who you will be comfortable working with. Plus you can get feedback on things to be done to make the property show better.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:01 AM

Thanks ER. I plan to contact the one realtor around here who actually manages to SELL properties.

Props up here are a quick seller if it takes under three years.

It's rural, so everything is a fixer. It will be clean but that's it.

Country bonus, it comes with the plow truck and roof rake.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:04 AM

9,668 posts, read 11,127,014 times
Quote:
Thanks, HT, that's my plan. I want to be out of here before listing, too much to deal with.
Are you going to move your horses in the summer?

Old 06-02-2015, 09:23 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Awesome, NY2gal.

I know how you feel about that moving date in mid July. I've been thinking for quite some time.... oh there is plenty of time to start packing....... well I realize now how time is getting shorter and shorter by the day. My move date is 8/31. Just under 3 months and so much to do.

Good luck CCc girl. We will both get it done.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks ER. I plan to contact the one realtor around here who actually manages to SELL properties.

Props up here are a quick seller if it takes under three years.

It's rural, so everything is a fixer. It will be clean but that's it.

Country bonus, it comes with the plow truck and roof rake.
I was rural as well but only 6 acres. Took me a few realtors to find one that dealt with rural properties.

Now I'm on 45 acres. Yup it was a fixer but nothing huge. Old fences held up by the overgrowth of grapevines, pastures that needed consistent mowing to bring them back, dragging and seeding and an old structure or two that needed to be demolished.

Got it for a song and dance. I cleared out an old orchard and did some heavy trimming two years ago and when I cleaned out the chicken house those trees got heapings of nice rich compost.
My reward...a tree bursting with wild plums I've got 10 jars of plum jam cooked up.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:11 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
I was rural as well but only 6 acres. Took me a few realtors to find one that dealt with rural properties.

Now I'm on 45 acres. Yup it was a fixer but nothing huge. Old fences held up by the overgrowth of grapevines, pastures that needed consistent mowing to bring them back, dragging and seeding and an old structure or two that needed to be demolished.

Got it for a song and dance. I cleared out an old orchard and did some heavy trimming two years ago and when I cleaned out the chicken house those trees got heapings of nice rich compost.
My reward...a tree bursting with wild plums I've got 10 jars of plum jam cooked up.

Yum, that jam sounds pretty good.

Are the floods near you? From what I see on television, it was really bad. What part of TX are you from?

I lived in Tyler - March 1993-April 1994. Went for a job with Carrier (my employer in Syracuse, NY) and just before my first day they called me to tell me job was no longer available. Kind of left me in a pretty bad spot. But they were big enough to get away with such things. I learned later I was not the first person to get that message. Have a couple of friends still in Tyler.

Old 06-02-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
Are you going to move your horses in the summer?
Unfortunately, yes. I wanted to wait until end of summer but mom will have none of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I know how you feel about that moving date in mid July. I've been thinking for quite some time.... oh there is plenty of time to start packing....... well I realize now how time is getting shorter and shorter by the day. My move date is 8/31. Just under 3 months and so much to do.

Good luck CCc girl. We will both get it done.
From your mouth to God's ear......

Quote:

Very cool, HT. I want some of that jam!

We're on ten acres but we only really use about five of it. Going down to five acres.

Quote:

Are the floods near you? From what I see on television, it was really bad. What part of TX are you from?

I lived in Tyler - March 1993-April 1994. Went for a job with Carrier (my employer in Syracuse, NY) and just before my first day they called me to tell me job was no longer available. Kind of left me in a pretty bad spot. But they were big enough to get away with such things. I learned later I was not the first person to get that message. Have a couple of friends still in Tyler.
Wow, that sucks. Is Carrier still one of the biggest employers in the area, or are they funnelling them out of state like so many other companies thanks to out state government??

HT, tell us you are not flooded, please!

Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:

I'm in central Texas, south of Ft Hood near College Station.

The Little River and the Brazos both rose and a couple of roads were closed due to the creeks flooding but nothing major.

We did have an F2 tornado touch down in the next town from us and that was pretty hairy to hear your town mentioned by the weather alert guy along with tornado and 70 mph winds. Got me running to my hideout space til it passed. Folks next door to me had a few big trees blow over..one on their car

I didn't get flooded and no big trees fell by me.
I did't get hit with any big winds which was kinda weird. The rain was falling straight down on my place while next door huge trees got toppled.

Mother Nature can be picky at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement