U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 05:31 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times

Advertisements

Just a quick drop-in to say GREETINGS TO ALL and hope everyone is easing into summer and doing well with households, health, finances and any travel plans!

Hectic here . . . hope to get the house listed in a few days. So that is good!

But this morning my next door neighbor put the FOR SALE sign out at his house. That is not good!

Love my neighbor - but can't believe how this worked out.

Wish me luck despite that unexpected turn of events!

(((hugs))) to all!

Old 06-04-2015, 05:35 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensky View Post
Just a quick drop-in to say GREETINGS TO ALL and hope everyone is easing into summer and doing well with households, health, finances and any travel plans!

But this morning my next door neighbor put the FOR SALE sign out at his house. That is not good!

(((hugs))) to all!

SO GOOD TO SEE YOUR POST!! I've been worried about you. It doesn't sound like anything bad happened, at least I hope that is true.

Sorry to hear about the neighbor putting out a "for sale" sign. Did he know what you are doing?

Thanks for the hugs..... sending some big ones your way!!

Old 06-05-2015, 09:56 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
Quote:

(((hugs))) to all!
Hi Broken Sky: I am in the same place as you. Listing the house today. Putting the sign out later when I figure out how I am going to accomplish this. And today, it is raining here. A very unusual occurrence in AZ in June. Actually it might be a first.

This whole situation is exhausting and stressful. I do wish I had a partner to help now but its all me.

At least you love your neighbor, no matter what. I hate mine and want to get away asap. She is a poop throwing witch that has brought me to this decision.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:08 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
This can work in your favor. For those who view the neighbor's house and don't like it but do like the neighborhood, they'll be sure to see your house is for sale. Double exposure!

Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Hi Broken Sky: I am in the same place as you. Listing the house today. Putting the sign out later when I figure out how I am going to accomplish this.
Congratulations on your decision!!

(Shouldn't your realtor be putting up the sign?)

Old 06-05-2015, 02:30 PM

NEG: Yes, he will when I tell him to. He is doing it MY way. Last time I tried to sell, the realtor kept telling me how I should do it. This time I have someone who LISTENS. He knows my situation and my dilemmas. (hip surgery, animals, not sure if I should move out first, etc etc.) If I sell quickly and still don't know where to go, an apartment could rescue me for a while. Lots to think about.

Old 06-05-2015, 02:33 PM

The thing is you need to strike while the iron is hot.
Two other homes just like mine sold very quickly recently and there was a bidding war on one. This is the time to do this and I just need to get it done.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:14 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Two other homes just like mine sold very quickly recently and there was a bidding war on one. This is the time to do this and I just need to get it done.
Wow...you are moving right along! It doesn't seem that long since you first mentioned "thinking about it" and now here you are, For Sale sign in hand.

I saw where you were thinking about moving to MO. Pretty state but I hope the humidity isn't too much in the summer. After my five year stint in Detroit I swore I'd never live east of the Mississippi again. I helped my parents move to AR in August one year. Reminded me of why I stay in the west! It does seem like a good location family wise though. I wish you the best of luck and hope your health issues don't cause you any problems.

I just moved in the same town. I honestly can't imagine myself, at this point in time, moving cross country. Especially alone. Did it once, in my mid 30s, but not these days!

Old 06-05-2015, 06:23 PM

1,353 posts, read 867,042 times
Quote:
Wow good luck and I hope it works out for you

Old 06-06-2015, 03:28 AM

706 posts, read 808,797 times
Quote:
Barb, we did the same thing when moving from OK to Greenville, SC. I told my husband THIS is the time. The house sold in 2 days, full price. I would have given them a carpet allowance, and home warranty, but, they did not ask for it. Is Greenville, SC out? We lived in Warrensburg, MO, I hope you received my message back to you. Best wishes to you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement