Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 08:24 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,872,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
{{{{{Umbria}}}}} how the heck are you???

OMG
The plow attachment for a tractor that we sold on ebay got picked up today. The young man who bought it was foaming at the mouth when he saw all of our tractors. He wants to buy them all. We will have to go through them and see what we want for each one. If DH is willing to part with a goodly amount of them this will be a huge break for us rather than moving them. I am ecstatic.
That would be a good deal for you guys! I was wondering about all that myself a while back. Wasn't sure how much equipment you had to move but was guessing quite a bit and big 'stuff'. The really nice thing about it is that you would have the money to either buy different or use some other way. You guys are good at it!

Old 06-21-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
By the way, delivered the samples. The lab tech seemed concerned (maybe my imagination) & said it would take awhile but when she heard that I'd lost 30 lbs in such a short time slab, she said she'd try to get it expedited. Fingers crossed & on my knees in prayer, figuratively. If I got down may never get back up lol.
I've been following along with this and so sorry to hear of it. I hope it's nothing serious but that weight loss doesn't sound good. Prayers for you, for sure! I hope they let you know ASAP.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:39 PM

Default Incident on register 16...

I just had to tell you guys what happened this morning. I'd been on my register for about an hour when this woman comes over from Customer Service and starts demanding that I do this, that and the other. She was wearing a robe like some motels supply to their guests, was barefoot and had a plastic glass of ice water in her hand. I wondered if it was booze because it seemed darker than water. Anyway, what she wanted was for me to go to Customer Service and get a pile of clothes to ring up for her. They were "too busy" to do it so I needed to. She said she had no money and her credit card had been stolen but I needed to ring these up and let her put this crummy old watch down as "collateral". I kept telling her I couldn't do that, her voice got louder and angrier by the second and I finally managed to get a couple of front end managers there to deal with it. She insisted that we do this for her and her language left a lot to be desired, far as civility goes, and finally she just yelled out "F*** you all and GOOD BYE". She started to walk away but turned real fast and threw that glass of ice water all over us! The register, the bags, the people standing close, etc.. Found out later that she had been kicked out of a local restaurant the morning before for pulling something like that there. Throwing food, cussing everyone out, etc.. I thought she was drunk, and she may have been, but definitely 'out there' somewhere. Gads! And I thought last week was bad!! lol

The really funny thing about all this is that I KNEW she was going to throw that ice water. Almost as soon as I saw it and watched her anger escalate. I just didn't know when! So when it happened it really didn't surprise me much and it's all she had to "assault" us with. Thankfully.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:44 PM

7,021 posts, read 6,249,118 times
Wonder of wonders, dinner has stayed in so far. The diphenox/Atrop MAY be working. Tha smoothie I had for breakfast & the noodles I had for lunch went right through me but so far the cantaloupe is staying. That's a start.
Thanks for your prayers. It's just a waiting game now until the tests come back.

Old 06-21-2015, 09:22 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,182,665 times
meo92953 - I'm sorry to hear that you are going through these troubles. Just what you do not need right now. I hope that everything comes back ok......AZDesertBrat - I read about your experience this morning! Wow! One of my daughters was a Walmart cashier for a while and had some interesting tales every once in a while. But mostly it was decent, ordinary people. I hope that someone did alert the local police, because it sounds like she may be unstable and may visit another local business. Did you see the Silver Alert that was posted earlier today in Yavapai County about the elderly [87] gentleman getting in a pick-up and taking off? I hope they were able to locate him; I have not looked at the news for a while.....I hope everyone has had a nice Father's Day today. I am taking care of my 95 year-old mom, so it was a quiet day for us.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
meo92953 - I'm sorry to hear that you are going through these troubles. Just what you do not need right now. I hope that everything comes back ok......AZDesertBrat - I read about your experience this morning! Wow! One of my daughters was a Walmart cashier for a while and had some interesting tales every once in a while. But mostly it was decent, ordinary people. I hope that someone did alert the local police, because it sounds like she may be unstable and may visit another local business. Did you see the Silver Alert that was posted earlier today in Yavapai County about the elderly [87] gentleman getting in a pick-up and taking off? I hope they were able to locate him; I have not looked at the news for a while.....I hope everyone has had a nice Father's Day today. I am taking care of my 95 year-old mom, so it was a quiet day for us.
Yeah, that was an experience alright. lol Never had anything like that happen to me in all my years and hopefully won't happen again. I have heard customers go off on cashiers and management before but not to that extent and, thankfully, it is very rare. The vast majority of our customers are good people who don't cause problems.

Hadn't heard about the man who disappeared. Gads. We've been having some kind of 'bad stuff' happen here lately and it's pretty shocking because stuff like that just never happens here. I keep up mostly with the online newspaper...or 'gossip'. It's still 'small town' here and word travels fast.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:30 AM

50,137 posts, read 63,564,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
LOL..Shame on you!

My parents told me that college was not in my future, that I'd just "get married and have a house full of kids" so that's what I did. I didn't make it to college till I was in my early 30s. I majored in Psychology. I didn't graduate, unfortunately, but still managed to finish three years with a 3.8 GPA. All while working full time, raising four kids and taking care of all the things a 'good housewife' does. Good thing I had a lot of energy!
You sound just like me. I was raised to find a husband and not aspire to much else. I went to college after two kids and a divorce (graphic arts), at 28. I did not graduate either. I could handle a job, school, and kids, but once husband no. 2 came along, and two more kids, something had to go.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:53 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,722,849 times
Thanks for the back pats, all. Umb, get thee some Cuban coffee, it will put a lot of lead in your pencil! Take your vitamins. Lots of rest. Hugs!

WOW AZDBrat, that must have been quite a show. That person clearly needs help. Thank goodness it was only water.

Prayers and blessings, meo. Keep us posted.

The lawn tractors aren't that big, maybe 4.5 feet long, but we have around 16 of them.

The backhoe isn't coming. 12.500 pounds, 23 feet long, 9 feet high. Zoning will not allow construction vehicles for toys. I will get him a UTV and a farm tractor with implements to play on.

Have a good day, y'all. First full day of summer! ok:

Old 06-22-2015, 05:24 PM

7,021 posts, read 6,249,118 times
AZdesertbrat, What an experience that was for you. Ten to one there is a mental health issue. Just because you were the second 'hit' is a huge flag. Somewhere in her rational part of mind she must have known she needed help & was actually asking for it.

How can I guess this? My son is bipolar & that's something he would have done to go to the crisis unit so he could get help.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You sound just like me. I was raised to find a husband and not aspire to much else. I went to college after two kids and a divorce (graphic arts), at 28. I did not graduate either. I could handle a job, school, and kids, but once husband no. 2 came along, and two more kids, something had to go.
Luckily I had all my kids long before I got to college and they were getting old enough to be a big help. Then 'divorce' came along and that's why I never finished. Had to have a job that paid more than I was making being married. It all works out, somehow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement