U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 12:04 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,633,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Update-Dr thinks it could be diverticulitis. Having a ct scan tomorrow. Curable with antibiotics (fingers crossed). Otherwise more tests. Lost another 2 lbs this week. It would be great if I was trying.
Thinking good thoughts. I have problems with diverticulitis (and IBS). You can get that under control! Found I can no longer eat such things as peanuts and corn, which made me sad, but anything to feel better!.

Thanks for the update, meo and take care.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:04 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I am ready to explode.

I purchased through Amazon a TracFone. Called TracFone and was on the phone for over one hour (had to ask for someone I could understand). Then I had to call Amazon, another accent I did not understand. Asked for someone else.... no one else available. Bottom line???? After a total of two hours on the phone, nothing got done.

Taking a break before my next phone call. Grrrr.
I went through something like that with my dell laptop. Rude non english speaking rep. I finally blew up & said I was going to tell everone I knew just how rude & non-caring their "customer service" was, & must have made him think because after I hung up on him a supervisor called me & apologized. He worked with me & got the problem resolved. Will I ever buy a dell again? Nope, not in this lifetime.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Thanks brokensky. I can live without peanuts but corn? I love corn. But, whatever it takes, I'll do.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:16 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Update-Dr thinks it could be diverticulitis. Having a ct scan tomorrow. Curable with antibiotics (fingers crossed). Otherwise more tests. Lost another 2 lbs this week. It would be great if I was trying.
That can be a very painful thing as you have already found out. But there is more to it than taking antibiotics. There are quite a few foods you will have to stop eating. My mother had it, I have it (the disease, not the inflammation). Friends of mine have it. Have to be very careful with it.

So grateful it is not something else.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I went through something like that with my dell laptop. Rude non english speaking rep. I finally blew up & said I was going to tell everone I knew just how rude & non-caring their "customer service" was, & must have made him think because after I hung up on him a supervisor called me & apologized. He worked with me & got the problem resolved. Will I ever buy a dell again? Nope, not in this lifetime.
I finally talked to an Amazon person who did not have an accent. He told me that next time (ugh) that happens to tell them I want to talk to a USA rep. Apparently some of these companies have them (not all, sadly).

It kills me that when I tell the rep with the accent I have no idea what they just said they act offended.

Why do companies do this to us? I know.... all about cheap labor, make more money.

FWIW: it's not just Dell. You can have all that fun with other companies, too.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks brokensky. I can live without peanuts but corn? I love corn. But, whatever it takes, I'll do.
The corn restriction includes popcorn.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
NYgal, are there instructions online for the phone??
I have a couple of books with instructions that are easy to read and easy to do.

My neighbor bought a phone like it before me and I liked it and asked where she got it from. She bought it from HSN. Her phone came with a free one year service.

So, sadly I ASS-UMED the one sold by Amazon would have same. I was wrong. If I wanted the free year I should have bought from HSN.

So I feel a bit stupid. But I'll get over it.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
The corn restriction includes popcorn.
You know what's funny? I very seldom eat popcorn but now I want some. Hmmm.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
That can be a very painful thing as you have already found out. But there is more to it than taking antibiotics. There are quite a few foods you will have to stop eating. My mother had it, I have it (the disease, not the inflammation). Friends of mine have it. Have to be very careful with it.

So grateful it is not something else.
I have been trying to eat very heathly but have so much to learn about what I can & cannot do.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I have been trying to eat very heathly but have so much to learn about what I can & cannot do.
You have a computer. You can Google foods to avoid when you have diverticulosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement