U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 AM
 
Location: Florida
20,113 posts, read 20,232,587 times
Reputation: 23739

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I am ready to explode.

I purchased through Amazon a TracFone. Called TracFone and was on the phone for over one hour (had to ask for someone I could understand). Then I had to call Amazon, another accent I did not understand. Asked for someone else.... no one else available. Bottom line???? After a total of two hours on the phone, nothing got done.

Taking a break before my next phone call. Grrrr.
For future reference, one way to avoid this with many companies, and TracFone is one, is to use the on-line chat.
Not only does this make accents immaterial, it gives you a written record of what was said (or promised)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 AM
 
Location: Cochise county, AZ
5,101 posts, read 3,573,664 times
Reputation: 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
For future reference, one way to avoid this with many companies, and TracFone is one, is to use the on-line chat.
Not only does this make accents immaterial, it gives you a written record of what was said (or promised)
Thanks for adding that. That is how I finally got mine resolved in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,422,001 times
Reputation: 7530
meo, my dad has had IBS/IBD for a long time. Take a good probiotic every day, that did it for him. Others may have to follow a low carb/paleo/diabetic diet. It's totally manageable. So glad it's not more serious!!!!!!!!!!

NYgal, can you return the phone and get the better deal from HSN???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 05:40 AM
 
Location: Central NY
4,865 posts, read 3,374,876 times
Reputation: 12614
I normally use the chat feature but did not even think of it this time.

The phone I got is probably as good a deal as the other. Discovered that any minutes I put on new phone triple. For as long as I have the phone.

I got the phone so I could get rid of my monthly Verizon bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 12:33 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,606 posts, read 12,478,542 times
Reputation: 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I finally talked to an Amazon person who did not have an accent. He told me that next time (ugh) that happens to tell them I want to talk to a USA rep. Apparently some of these companies have them (not all, sadly).

It kills me that when I tell the rep with the accent I have no idea what they just said they act offended.

Why do companies do this to us? I know.... all about cheap labor, make more money.

FWIW: it's not just Dell. You can have all that fun with other companies, too.
I couple of years ago I had an internet problem with either my modem or router (can't remember which) so I had to call Comcast's customer service hotline. Comcast is my internet provider, Anyway, I got a person who spoke English fluently but had only a very slight accent. I asked where can I exchange my modem (or router) for another one. The answer (this is priceless!): "I'm sorry we don't have an office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania."

My reply: "You don't have an office in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania? The world headquarters of Comcast is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! The tallest building in Philadelphia, at 60 stories high and nearly 1,000 feet, is the Comcast Center! What are you talking about???!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Cochise county, AZ
5,101 posts, read 3,573,664 times
Reputation: 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
meo, my dad has had IBS/IBD for a long time. Take a good probiotic every day, that did it for him. Others may have to follow a low carb/paleo/diabetic diet. It's totally manageable. So glad it's not more serious!!!!!!!!!!


Cc, It's not determined yet what it is. The test went will, pictures came out good. Now they have to be read by a radiologist, may know Monday. I did mention that I hoped my favorite Dr would read them. He's the one that did the MRI & the one after (can't remember the name, they inject dye into the spine & take a bunch of pictures). He's the one who said, Oh, I see why you can't walk & got the whole ball rolling.


NYgal, can you return the phone and get the better deal from HSN???
Give it a try, might work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 03:07 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,422,001 times
Reputation: 7530
meo, stock up on some greek yogurt, too!

LMAO Clark, too funny!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Cochise county, AZ
5,101 posts, read 3,573,664 times
Reputation: 10937
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
meo, stock up on some greek yogurt, too!

LMAO Clark, too funny!!!!!!!
I've been having a fruit, greek yogurt smoothie every morning. Yup, I get the large container & am trying to use it in other ways too. But I put 2-3 lsrge tbs along with fruit, cocunut milk & ice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 04:32 PM
 
1,264 posts, read 1,140,387 times
Reputation: 2748
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I've been having a fruit, greek yogurt smoothie every morning. Yup, I get the large container & am trying to use it in other ways too. But I put 2-3 lsrge tbs along with fruit, cocunut milk & ice.
Just my two cents, for what it's worth. I am majorly sensitive to dairy products in any form and can't tolerate yogurt, greek or otherwise, or any other milk product at all. I even have problems with milk as a component of anything else. I've been this way all my life. That's along with a boatload of other food sensitivities so my diet is pretty plain and boring. My reaction to dairy in particular is exactly what's happening to you. I'm also deathly allergic to flax and have become anaphylactic from it (I now carry an Epipen). I have IBS, too. Watching my diet carefully keeps me out of trouble. So maybe it's a food intolerance? Hoping for good news for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 PM
 
Location: too far from the sea
20,304 posts, read 19,285,182 times
Reputation: 34695
Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Just my two cents, for what it's worth. I am majorly sensitive to dairy products in any form and can't tolerate yogurt, greek or otherwise, or any other milk product at all. I even have problems with milk as a component of anything else. I've been this way all my life. That's along with a boatload of other food sensitivities so my diet is pretty plain and boring. My reaction to dairy in particular is exactly what's happening to you. I'm also deathly allergic to flax and have become anaphylactic from it (I now carry an Epipen). I have IBS, too. Watching my diet carefully keeps me out of trouble. So maybe it's a food intolerance? Hoping for good news for you.
Someone else who's allergic to dairy?? Me too and I used to love it. I get bloated and congested, tired and with a migraine. Never even guessed until finally an allergist tested me for foods.

A new dr has me on sauerkraut for probiotics and no grains at all for now. Lots of meat, eggs, fruits, and vegetables. Also digestive enzymes. It's no fun having all these allergies and as you said, the diet is plain and boring. But it keeps you alive and that means a lot.
__________________
my posts as moderator will be in red. Moderator: Health&Wellness~Genealogy. The Rules--read here>>> TOS. If someone attacks you, do not reply. Hit REPORT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top