U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2015, 03:51 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times

Advertisements

^^^+1

Old 08-08-2015, 06:39 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
One's "policies" (and all nominees promise them) are imo far far less important than respect for one's constituents, all of us. If the GOP can't nominate someone better than DT, it's a sad day for our country. Plus, a nomination of Trump ensures a shoo-in for Hillary, if anyone's concerned about that.
I wish I could remember where I read it but this morning saw where someone asked "Who won the debate?" and the answer was "Hillary!". Sometimes I wonder if Trump isn't really a Democratic 'plant' in all of this. If Bill Clinton advised him to "Go for it" and run I think he KNEW exactly how it would go and that only makes it better for Hillary, in the end. Somehow I believe there's "a method to this madness".

I'm not much impressed with any of the Republican candidates at this point and it's still a long way to the general election. Personally, if it weren't for Trump's shenanigans I probably wouldn't be paying any attention at all. It's just MUCH to early and by the time we get around to voting I have no doubt we'll all be pretty sick of the whole process.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:41 AM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Well I thought the debate was ok but have changed my mind about Donald Trump. I cannot fathom him as president of the USA. He reminds me of an egotistical narcissistic maniac.
Quote:
Listen up Madman: I never supported him but am always OPEN to new ideas, new options to find someone who can FIX this country and put it back to the way I remember it.

But Trump cannot open his mouth without name calling. DT is rude without respect for anyone. Have you ever heard a president speak about and to others this way? Just because he has all that money means nothing. His business experience might help us but the rest of his personality negates any of that. Political correctness has nothing to do with it. He is just a jerk of the first order. JHMO
I agree 100% with your assessment of Trump. However, I am still confused as to what you meant when you said that you have changed your mind about him. What changed for you as a result of his "performance" at the debate.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:40 AM

14,017 posts, read 17,939,286 times
Quote:

But Trump cannot open his mouth without name calling...............
Sounds like he would fit right in here in the Retirement Forum.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:41 AM

1,959 posts, read 1,029,782 times
at least Erick E is getting his 15 minutes. Is "disinvite" a word?

boogie'smom

Old 08-09-2015, 10:22 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
At least, on CD the name callers get "pinched" by the Mod; Trump can just go on and on and no one silences him. Disgusting.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:10 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Just came back from feeding 21 horses raw carrots with two 2-year-olds. This is the third day of our staycation with them. After nap right now they go back to their rightful caretakers. I can see how the "takes a village" saying came about. I am beat...but what a great time. Interesting to observe, from a more distant (non-parent) point of view, how language and particular sayings develop in humans and how much gets learned by copying even not knowing what the phrases mean. Also where and how happiness, joy, fear, and anger develop at such a young age. It's sad that all this will be forgotten.

Old 08-09-2015, 11:20 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Awww, negirl, how wonderful. Treasure that memory. I doubt the wondrous observation and appreciation of young minds developing will be forgotten.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:34 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Just came back from feeding 21 horses raw carrots with two 2-year-olds. This is the third day of our staycation with them. After nap right now they go back to their rightful caretakers. I can see how the "takes a village" saying came about. I am beat...but what a great time. Interesting to observe, from a more distant (non-parent) point of view, how language and particular sayings develop in humans and how much gets learned by copying even not knowing what the phrases mean. Also where and how happiness, joy, fear, and anger develop at such a young age. It's sad that all this will be forgotten.
I wonder if you started a journal with your observations & love, they would appreciate it when they're older. I so often wished I had something in writing from my grandparents.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:52 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I wonder if you started a journal with your observations & love, they would appreciate it when they're older. I so often wished I had something in writing from my grandparents.
Maybe after I recover, lol. They just left for home after 3 days here and I'm flat out on the couch. I need an IV of something....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement