U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,166,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
On a positive note we will be joining NEG and others by joining the family of Grandparents with twin grands!
Identical? Ours are. The only way we could tell them apart for many months was that one had a scar on her hand from the IV while she was in the newborn ICU. Now we can tell them apart by their mannerisms. One is extremely detail-oriented, inspecting and collecting bugs and rocks and seashells and doing 30-pc puzzles The other likes to make mischief and tease and do more physical activities.

One thing for sure with grandtwins, if you're not in good shape now you'd better get moving, lol. Double trouble, double chasing, and double LIFTING.

Congrats!

Old 08-14-2015, 10:58 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,019,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Please let her grow out of it & maybe go to bed earlier. I just found out that the cat I left with my brother just died. I so wish my brother had let me know he was sick & I could have at least seen him one more time. I loved that cat so much & I too, got impatient with the kitten. But they grow up so, so fast. This too shall pass for you, maybe sooner than you think.
So sorry for your loss.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:34 AM

5,101 posts, read 3,576,860 times

Thank you. I will always miss him but am still glad I didn't cage him up. He deserved to be free.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:27 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,242,986 times
TWINS !!! Yikes. Loads of fun and many photo opportunities, especially around Christmas. Congrats to you Tuborg! When does the fun start???

NEg, Yes the house is still on the market and I am exhausted from cleaning, picking up dust balls, raking the leaves outside after every "monsoon" hits, and generally being discouraged with the whole thing. Many many showings and not one offer. Apparently just a new roof and AC means NOTHING. Buyers want the whole inside updated too. Will have to reduce the price but this week I want a reprieve. Have a colonoscopy and endo scheduled as well as a broken irrigation valve to fix so no showings for a week while I think this over. And why are people out in this heat, looking at houses, anyway??? We broke a record yesterday with 117 degrees.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:45 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
PhxBarb: Sounds pretty overwhelming to me. I would not be out in that heat. I don't like 90 much less 117.

Good luck to you with your medical procedures. I hope they are scheduled routine and not something urgent.

Let us know how you are doing, please.

Old 08-15-2015, 11:11 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,242,986 times
Yes, all routine. Father had colon cancer, so I have to do it every 5 years, although doc said this should be the last time. Said CC doesn't usually start up in the later ages due to a gene, so if I am clear, whoopppeee !!!

Old 08-15-2015, 11:24 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Yes, all routine. Father had colon cancer, so I have to do it every 5 years, although doc said this should be the last time. Said CC doesn't usually start up in the later ages due to a gene, so if I am clear, whoopppeee !!!

Good to hear. Thanks.

Old 08-16-2015, 12:02 AM

1,643 posts, read 630,703 times
Tuborg, congratulations on the up-coming new grand-twins! I have read that the probability of having twins has almost doubled in the last generation, partly because more women are having children at later ages. But that is only part of the explanation and the rapid increase is still kind of a mystery. And they did exclude anyone on fertility drugs from the study.

MEO92953 - I am so sorry to hear that you lost your precious kitty.

PhxBarb - I understand how you feel about this heat. This week has been very, very hot. And out on the west side we have not had much in the way of monsoon storms to temporarily relieve the heat. Like, late this afternoon, my cell phone started buzzing with the Dust Storm Warning. We have had very calm weather all evening. It is a big wide valley...... I hope the right person comes along and makes an offer. My daughter and SIL bought a patio home about three weeks ago and the one they bought did not have all the bells and whistles with the stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. They were trying to move in a tight timeline -- and their realtor only came up with 5 places for them to see in their price range. They had to compromise on the flooring [owner had just installed new carpet and they wanted tile] -- hopefully someone like that will show up for your place and buy it...... I, too, will be visiting the Dr. for the wonderful test we all love, but mine is not until after Labor Day. Hope everything works out for you!

Old 08-16-2015, 05:09 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,166,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
NEg, Yes the house is still on the market and I am exhausted from cleaning, picking up dust balls, raking the leaves outside after every "monsoon" hits, and generally being discouraged with the whole thing. Many many showings and not one offer. Apparently just a new roof and AC means NOTHING. Buyers want the whole inside updated too. Will have to reduce the price but this week I want a reprieve. Have a colonoscopy and endo scheduled as well as a broken irrigation valve to fix so no showings for a week while I think this over. And why are people out in this heat, looking at houses, anyway??? We broke a record yesterday with 117 degrees.
117? If it's a one-day deal, ok, but if it goes on, I'd be packing. Yesterday was unbearable for me, the only bad day so far this summer (imo) and I was seriously dragging. But still there was a breeze and then a wonderful wild storm last night cooled everything down. I guess I'd cross yet another area of the country off my list, if I had one. Best wishes in the house sale, all it takes is just one buyer.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:38 AM

14,017 posts, read 17,933,764 times
Learning about other cultures is important. Therefore for your edification I offer the following: An Irish seven-course meal consists of a six-pack and a baked potato.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement