U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 05:39 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,367,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
An interesting cocktail that is a favorite of one of my acquaintances is something called a Tokyo Iced Tea. It's a pale transparent green in color. Heard of Long Island Iced Tea? It's a different take on a multi-spirit drink that packs a punch. It has stuff like vodka, tequila, gin ... but instead of cola they use 7-Up and the key ingredient is Kiwi flavored liqueur. It has a somewhat sweet "girly" taste ... but as I said it packs a punch!

It has all of that liquor in it? No, can't do that! I'm not a big drinker to begin with. The one time I had tequila I thought I was going to fall off the floor. I think vodka or Capt Morgan would be my two choices (not together!!).

Thanks for the idea Clark Park!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 05:49 PM

Some of you know I lost a cat in June and adopted a new one shortly afterward. I promised I would post a picture. I'm still in the learning stage of doing pictures (I just downloaded Windows 10, which I think is better than 8.1). If you want to see a picture of her go to my biography page and there is a nice picture of her on my bed.

And by the way, I originally named her Wendy. When I went to call her, I kept saying Wanda. So her new name is Tessie, I'm doing better with that.

And she has been a real challenge...... VERY active, especially at 4 a.m.

Old 08-21-2015, 07:08 PM

2,513 posts, read 1,736,933 times
She's a pretty tabby, I love the M above her eyes and the black lips. I have a very shy tabby here named Prudence that got shortened to Prunes by the grandkids.

She may be frisky now with what we call the night willies, but she'll settle down before you know it.

Last edited by jean_ji; 08-21-2015 at 07:38 PM..

Old 08-21-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_ji View Post
She's a pretty tabby, I love the M above her eyes and the black lips. I have a very shy tabby here named Prudence that got shortened to Prunes by the grandkids.
Love the "new" name! Prunes.

Tessie is anything but shy. But thankfully, she is calming down, or I'm just getting used to getting up at 4 a.m.

Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM

6,093 posts, read 9,641,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
. . . The one time I had tequila I thought I was going to fall off the floor. . . .
A frequently seen t- shirt in Baja California has the caption:

One tequila
Two tequila
Three tequila
Floor!

Old 08-21-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddstray View Post
A frequently seen t- shirt in Baja California has the caption:

One tequila
Two tequila
Three tequila
Floor!

Cute. Then there is the C&W song.... Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off. Can't remember who sings it.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:50 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,417,197 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj2700em-JQ

Old 08-22-2015, 03:24 PM

14,017 posts, read 17,920,407 times
"Generation Wars Will Not Be Permitted!" reads the title of a new sticky posted yesterday by the moderator of the Economics Forum. Over the years I have noticed a lot of generation bashing aimed in all directions in that forum, so I can well understand the sticky. It's quite something how a number of younger people resent us Boomers, thinking that we had it so good and so easy economically speaking and that we ruined the country for them. Some Boomers return the favor, saying that our progeny is spoiled, lazy, and entitled. (The natural response is, "Well, who raised them?") Anyway, that sort of thing grows heated very quickly, as you can imagine. Makes me glad that only sweetness and light prevail here in the Retirement Forum.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,156,636 times
The week of intense heat has abated up here and the cool breezes of August have arrived. Anyone thinking about a trip to the Northeast...Sept and Oct are the prime times to come. We have tons of Bed & Breakfasts and Inns, town and country. The ag fairs are starting up now and then the foliage turns. I think it'll be an outstanding year for colors as we've had a lot of rain and humidity. Vermont should be gorgeous.

Old 08-22-2015, 06:26 PM

22,606 posts, read 12,471,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Some of you know I lost a cat in June and adopted a new one shortly afterward. I promised I would post a picture. I'm still in the learning stage of doing pictures (I just downloaded Windows 10, which I think is better than 8.1). If you want to see a picture of her go to my biography page and there is a nice picture of her on my bed.

And by the way, I originally named her Wendy. When I went to call her, I kept saying Wanda. So her new name is Tessie, I'm doing better with that.

And she has been a real challenge...... VERY active, especially at 4 a.m.
This is how I post a photo:

1. I have a photo (in this case a picture of some stained glass windows in my center hall) on my internet photo album.

2. I upload the photo on a photo sharing site. I use tinypic.com (please note: I'm not sure if tinypic is accepting any new posters ... but there are dozens of other photo sharing sites).

3. Tinypic.com gives me a code for message boards (such as City-Data.com). The code is http://i43.tinypic.com/jsdl5g and add jpg.

4. I arrow and click on the "insert image" icon right above this message - approx. below the paperclip icon.

5. I type in the code ... and ... voila!

BTW how do you like my 120 year old house???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement