U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 06:34 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Nygal, it is sad but a blessed relief she is out of pain. Let us know if/when the moments of sadness are overwhelming so we can offer shoulders & prayers.

Curmudgeon, whew.
I am in a real state of being numb right now. Sleeping a lot (again). Relief to know she is not suffering anymore. When I was in her room this morning, I was so happy to see her caretakers come in and bend over to kiss her forehead and to cry. She was so loved by them, as she was by her daughter and me.

I can't begin to tell all of you how much I love you all and thank you for your kindnesses and caring ways.

Old 09-24-2015, 06:53 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
I am in a real state of being numb right now. Sleeping a lot (again). Relief to know she is not suffering anymore. When I was in her room this morning, I was so happy to see her caretakers come in and bend over to kiss her forehead and to cry. She was so loved by them, as she was by her daughter and me.

I can't begin to tell all of you how much I love you all and thank you for your kindnesses and caring ways.
That numb feeling is so normal when we are overwhelmed; I think a lot of us who have lost loved ones know it well. I'm sorry she's gone, but with the others, I do think she was lucky to have had you and she is now in a better place. Yes, it does make you feel better to see her caretakers missing her too. She truly was loved. Now just get your rest, do your grieving which, as we know, goes in phases of sadness, anger, back and forth, think it's gone but it comes back, and then someday, finally, acceptance.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:22 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,707 times
Quote:
My sister passed early this morning. She is now out of any pain, physical or emotional, and living in peace now. I am on the fence about what I believe happens after death (for myself). But I want to believe she is in a much better place now. She suffered a long, hard, challenging life.
.....NYgal2NC.........

I am very sorry for the loss of your sister................my thoughts and prayers are with you......................
Montana Griz.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,218,322 times
Sorry for your loss.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
For those who "followed" me a bit last week, the pathology report is in and no cancer. Looks like you're stuck with me for awhile longer.
......Hey Curm............ Glad you got the "good news"......We need all the "old Foogies we can scrape together" on this Forum..............even though "I'm-on-borrowed-time", I still take the 19 year old Jag Convert to Church on Sunday and "Drag-Main-Street" after Mass "Trolling-for Chicks"

Old 09-24-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
......Hey Curm............ Glad you got the "good news"......We need all the "old Foogies we can scrape together" on this Forum..............even though "I'm-on-borrowed-time", I still take the 19 year old Jag Convert to Church on Sunday and "Drag-Main-Street" after Mass "Trolling-for Chicks"

You have a great attitude..... you are an inspiration.

Always wanted a Jag.... my favorite car. Never drove one, but sure thought of it at times.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:07 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,774,833 times
Quote:
Who could ask for more? After all, we're all on borrowed time. Some have just already borrowed more than others!

Old 09-25-2015, 05:49 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
I'm sure the Pope would approve.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:56 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
My sister passed early this morning. She is now out of any pain, physical or emotional, and living in peace now. I am on the fence about what I believe happens after death (for myself). But I want to believe she is in a much better place now. She suffered a long, hard, challenging life.
Your sister lights the way. That you had such a close relationship with each other is a gift to you both. Now perhaps it is time to take care of you, while keeping her in your heart.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:54 AM

I brought my new cat home today. I'm naming her GG (good girl). She came right out of the crate and ran right behind the couch. Might be a while before she comes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement