U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,764 posts, read 9,839,747 times
Reputation: 11350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Just buried my sister today. Very small, graveside service, rain tapered long enough but there was a tent to stand under. My niece, her boyfriend, her daughter, and me. The funeral director did a wonderful job and I was very pleased. The flowers were beautiful.

So I am the last of the "Smith sisters". Life is for the living.
((((((((NYgal)))))))

 
Old 09-29-2015, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Central NY
4,879 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Reputation: 12638
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
((((((((NYgal)))))))

Oh.... thank you AZDesertBrat...... I truly needed that, it felt wonderful.

Seems strange to think no more nursing home visits, but I am glad for that, too.
 
Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 PM
 
Location: SW US
2,266 posts, read 2,085,566 times
Reputation: 3935
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I am over it now, thanks. You mean they are in Florida too? I just recently found out they are in Arkansas. We need some kind of campaign to kill these suckers.

Scorpions are predator insects like spiders. Try to think of them as helpful. LOL They particularly like to eat those annoying crickets that chirp all night.
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:36 PM
 
238 posts, read 197,812 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
Just buried my sister today. Very small, graveside service, rain tapered long enough but there was a tent to stand under. My niece, her boyfriend, her daughter, and me. The funeral director did a wonderful job and I was very pleased. The flowers were beautiful.

So I am the last of the "Smith sisters". Life is for the living.
NYgal, Your sister was fortunate in that she knew she was important to you and that she was loved. It doesn't get much better than that. Sleep well, my friend. <A Big Hug to you>
 
Old 09-30-2015, 04:35 AM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
{{{{{{{{{MY2gak}}}}}}}}}}
 
Old 09-30-2015, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Central NY
4,879 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Reputation: 12638
New old problem I need some advice.

There is a couple who lives where I do. She likes to think she is the mayor of the building, but I think most residents here have figured out that is not true.

Her husband is something else. He drives a pickup truck that he uses to pick up scrap metal. A coat of paint makes it look OK but truth of the matter it does not run so well. This man parks it in front of my other downstairs neighbor (I am directly above). He keeps unusual hours. He goes out anywhere from 11 p.m. to 4-5 a.m. He is disabled (has needed a few surgeries to his back, his knee, etc.). When he goes out it might as well be 12 noon. His truck is loud and he runs it for 15-20 or more minutes every time, does not matter what time it is. He does this at least several times a week. Oh, and this has been going on for a very long time (probably more than a year). Did not complain before for some foolish reason.

Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. Had some trouble getting to sleep. He started truck around 11:30 p.m., let it run and run and run. I got pretty upset, went to my window and told him to turn the "damn thing" off. He yelled back and the language was not pretty. Then his wife got involved. Lots of yelling, yup I yelled, too. I heard him say something about knowing what my car was..... but I did not hear the rest.

So now I'm kind of scared.

I'm going to the building manager to complain, but worry that if they talk to him about it, he will find a quieter way of getting even.

What do you think...... what else, if anything, should I do?

If this deserves a new thread, let me know please.
 
Old 09-30-2015, 07:33 AM
 
Location: SW MO
23,605 posts, read 31,771,093 times
Reputation: 29100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
NYgal, Your sister was fortunate in that she knew she was important to you and that she was loved. It doesn't get much better than that. Sleep well, my friend. <A Big Hug to you>
I second that. There's little better than knowing you're loved. That knowledge goes beyond words and NYgal showed it.
 
Old 09-30-2015, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Prescott AZ
6,183 posts, read 9,245,184 times
Reputation: 11779
NYGal: You need to GET OUT of THERE !!!! This man is a bully and nothing will help except you moving. Now that you have put your sister to rest, maybe you will be able to concentrate on leaving this place and finding somewhere pleasant, quiet, peaceful, beautiful and calming. Going to the manager is the right/proper thing to do, but as you say, it may infuriate him. I hope others have better advice for you than I do.
 
Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 73,150,055 times
Reputation: 27584
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
New old problem I need some advice.

There is a couple who lives where I do. She likes to think she is the mayor of the building, but I think most residents here have figured out that is not true.

Her husband is something else. He drives a pickup truck that he uses to pick up scrap metal. A coat of paint makes it look OK but truth of the matter it does not run so well. This man parks it in front of my other downstairs neighbor (I am directly above). He keeps unusual hours. He goes out anywhere from 11 p.m. to 4-5 a.m. He is disabled (has needed a few surgeries to his back, his knee, etc.). When he goes out it might as well be 12 noon. His truck is loud and he runs it for 15-20 or more minutes every time, does not matter what time it is. He does this at least several times a week. Oh, and this has been going on for a very long time (probably more than a year). Did not complain before for some foolish reason.

Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. Had some trouble getting to sleep. He started truck around 11:30 p.m., let it run and run and run. I got pretty upset, went to my window and told him to turn the "damn thing" off. He yelled back and the language was not pretty. Then his wife got involved. Lots of yelling, yup I yelled, too. I heard him say something about knowing what my car was..... but I did not hear the rest.

So now I'm kind of scared.

I'm going to the building manager to complain, but worry that if they talk to him about it, he will find a quieter way of getting even.

What do you think...... what else, if anything, should I do?

If this deserves a new thread, let me know please.
Get yourself a locking gas cap and let mgmt know. Also park in a different spot.

Hindsight...you should have just went to mgmt about the noise and hour rather than confront him and his wife.

FWIW..flour or sugar in the gas tank is all it takes to get "revenge".
 
Old 09-30-2015, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Cochise county, AZ
5,101 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Reputation: 10942
It may not be possible for her to move if she has a lease. Also, she may not be able to find a income based apartment which is what she has now.

I would definitely talk to the manager but, if it were me, I would also let the police know that you feel threatened by this character & they may just talk to him. At least he'll know that he will be closely looked at if something does happen to your car, or you.

One more thing, do you have rental insurance? If not, please get it. I have mine through the company that insures my car. I'm amazed at all it covers, including if anything happens to me on the property, not just my apartment.

The main thing is that the creep knows you have protected yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top