U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 07:39 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
NYGal: You need to GET OUT of THERE !!!! This man is a bully and nothing will help except you moving. Now that you have put your sister to rest, maybe you will be able to concentrate on leaving this place and finding somewhere pleasant, quiet, peaceful, beautiful and calming. Going to the manager is the right/proper thing to do, but as you say, it may infuriate him. I hope others have better advice for you than I do.
I think your advice was very good, thank you. I have been thinking about getting out of here a lot.

I do need to get my head straight again. Need to take some time to grieve. My other sister's ashes are in Lake George and want to drive there for a bit. Want to get this thyroid mystery resolved. And I need to start making a plan, getting some info on how to do it. I am pretty short on money, owe a lot of bills. So need to try to figure a way so that any move I do make doesn't end up hurting me more. Need to look at maps, do some comparing, maybe another trip. Probably not NC though.

Don't know if anything I just wrote makes much sense, but it's where I am right now.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Get yourself a locking gas cap and let mgmt know. Also park in a different spot.

Hindsight...you should have just went to mgmt about the noise and hour rather than confront him and his wife.

FWIW..flour or sugar in the gas tank is all it takes to get "revenge".

Thank you for suggestion of gas cap lock..... I'll check that out.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
It may not be possible for her to move if she has a lease. Also, she may not be able to find a income based apartment which is what she has now.

I would definitely talk to the manager but, if it were me, I would also let the police know that you feel threatened by this character & they may just talk to him. At least he'll know that he will be closely looked at if something does happen to your car, or you.

One more thing, do you have rental insurance? If not, please get it. I have mine through the company that insures my car. I'm amazed at all it covers, including if anything happens to me on the property, not just my apartment.

The main thing is that the creep knows you have protected yourself.

That is a major problem in relocating (or even just moving locally). I have to do a bit of brain storming to figure out.

I may go over to the police station and talk to them about it. Thank you for that suggestion.

Yes, I do have renter's insurance.

Tonight is very quiet and his truck is parked in a different spot.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:54 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,166,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
[b]

I'm going to the building manager to complain, but worry that if they talk to him about it, he will find a quieter way of getting even.

What do you think...... what else, if anything, should I do?
Do not go to the manager, they don't want to get involved in anything risky/confrontational.

Go to the police and explain the threat. Ask them to come by late at night to see what's going on. You could, if you or a friend has the equipment, video/audiotape the running truck recording the hour. Many towns have ordinances about disturbing the peace after certain hours. The man's threat goes beyond that. And in truth, you could get this in many places, not just where you are. Imbeciles everywhere.

Old 10-01-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Do not go to the manager, they don't want to get involved in anything risky/confrontational.

Go to the police and explain the threat. Ask them to come by late at night to see what's going on. You could, if you or a friend has the equipment, video/audiotape the running truck recording the hour. Many towns have ordinances about disturbing the peace after certain hours. The man's threat goes beyond that. And in truth, you could get this in many places, not just where you are. Imbeciles everywhere.
I did go to management who told me to put it all in writing and give it to her. They will go talk to him about it which I don't think will make much difference to him. But I don't trust the jerk and will go talk to our local cops later. I'll also take a copy of the report I gave to apt. mgmt.

He doesn't do it every night and there is no pattern. I have seen a police car go through the parking lot late at night and I think it's when there have been problems with people trying to break into cars. When this complex first opened and people had just moved in, a lot of them were not locking their cars and people had to be told several times to keep them locked. Unbelievable.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 AM

Just talked with the maintenance guy here (he does not live here). He claims that the truck in question is not that noisy, and I am sure that is what he told management.

Then he said what difference does it make if it is 3 p.m. or 3 a.m. Duh??????

I'm boiling.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:26 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
sorry I misspelt, NY2gal, here's a real hug{{{{{{}}}}}}

Don't let this neighbor thing be the hill you die on. 'Vengeance is mine', sayeth the Lord. Let God take care of him. Focus on living and loving the rest of your days.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
sorry I misspelt, NY2gal, here's a real hug{{{{{{}}}}}}

Don't let this neighbor thing be the hill you die on. 'Vengeance is mine', sayeth the Lord. Let God take care of him. Focus on living and loving the rest of your days.
Thank you for those hugs! I don't worry about the misspelling!

You have the best things to say and I really enjoy reading them. I have gotten so far away from God that when I read something like this, it makes me think! What am I doing to myself? I've been so angry and disappointed with God for a couple of years. I know I need to re-think about it. Might think about going to church if I could find one that wasn't always asking for $$. There is not a lot of it these days.

You are a good person, glad I've met you.

Last edited by NYgal1542; 10-01-2015 at 03:33 PM.. Reason: spelling error.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:16 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
NY2gal, I cannot begin to tell you how me and the big man are complete strangers. I had no religion as a kid. When my mom divorced when I was 7, she looked me straight in the eye and said, as far as I am concerned God has failed me. If you want religion, find it yourself.

To a seven year old.

Well, I left no stone unturned, let me tell you. Pagan, Wiccan, Druid, Baptist, Episcopal, I read and tried most of them all. When we lived in Coconut Grove there was a Hare Krishna place down the street. I had a friend in high school who got sucked into Scientology by her mother.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
NY2gal, I cannot begin to tell you how me and the big man are complete strangers. I had no religion as a kid. When my mom divorced when I was 7, she looked me straight in the eye and said, as far as I am concerned God has failed me. If you want religion, find it yourself.

To a seven year old.

Well, I left no stone unturned, let me tell you. Pagan, Wiccan, Druid, Baptist, Episcopal, I read and tried most of them all. When we lived in Coconut Grove there was a Hare Krishna place down the street. I had a friend in high school who got sucked into Scientology by her mother.
My mother got us (her and me) into Jehovah's Witness. Oh how I hated it. And I was really considered a Martian at school..... could not salute flag, celebrate Christmas, etc. It was awful. Took me a while to get out of that because I didn't want to make Mom unhappy. Oh boy.

As much as it pains me, I think there is a lot of Mom in me, only not for religion.

I love Joyce Meyer, have watched her a lot, even saw her in VA many years ago. But every time she responds to something I wrote her she asks for $$. Maybe I need to start sending $1. Not meant to be an insult to her (or others like her), but at least I would be giving tho not much. I have bought many books from her. I used to watch John Hagee, too, but don't get that station anymore (no cable).

I liked something the Pope said while here, it went something like "you don't have to go to church to know God." I kind of feel that way, too. I can hear sermons on TV, not deal with the politics in churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement