U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 11:00 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,218 times

Advertisements

A high of 83 with a slight break in the humidity today. It was nice enough to spread mulch over the soaker hoses from the rain barrels I have snaking around plants. I've been upsizing pots and just need to repot the pineapple and cotton plant later today.

The sunsets have been magnificent with fiery reds on the high clouds we've had lately. DH has been trying out yoga at the beach classes at two beaches that are 15 minutes away, one north and one south. He's really liked both of them. Our new neighbor down the street that moved here from AZ over the summer is teaching yoga two mornings a week at the community center. I met her walking the dog one day and really like her. I'll go see how her classes are this week.

I'm watching the leaves fall in our backyard on the security camera in NY and am happy to not be there to rake them. The days have looked so crisp and clear there. Our house there is slowly losing heat each day and the heat will be coming on when it hits our thermostat setting.

Old 10-12-2015, 01:07 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Spent a couple of days in northern Vermont with my nephew and his wife. Drove there on Friday through a really hard rain and miserable fog. But once I got there and started having fun, it was all forgotten (the ride!). Saturday did the leaf peeping, picture taking, etc. Weather was wonderful, full sun and blue sky..... couldn't get much better than that. Had delicious meals, drank some craft beer, made some nice memories to think about. Even got close enough to two horses and have a little chat with them. Rex and Burt. Beautiful Belgians. I do admire horses.
Alas, driving home, Rt. 11 south, sun brightly shining in my eyes, I managed to get caught speeding. Darn!! Driving through that area you go through a lot of small towns, speed limits change constantly, but I was doing 73 in a 55. Was hoping I'd just get a warning. Ha!!!

Old 10-12-2015, 09:53 AM

5,101 posts, read 3,576,860 times
That IS one thing I noticed too. Speed limits can & did change from 70 to 45 in a heartbeat. The range was all over the place. Sorry you got a ticket. My GPS warned me if I was over the speed limit so that was good. My speed was red if I was over.

Glad you enjoyed the visit. Sounds like you had a great time.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:20 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,019,889 times
Enjoying my new toy (iPhone 5)

Old 10-12-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
That IS one thing I noticed too. Speed limits can & did change from 70 to 45 in a heartbeat. The range was all over the place. Sorry you got a ticket. My GPS warned me if I was over the speed limit so that was good. My speed was red if I was over.

Glad you enjoyed the visit. Sounds like you had a great time.
I didn't have my GPS hooked up. I know the way to and back so didn't think I'd need it. Darn it. My drive there on Friday was a pretty rough one, raining very hard and very heavy fog, almost the whole drive.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:59 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
NY2gal, glad you had a good time, you deserve it.

The colors here are spectacular this year. Will post pics later. Cold front coming in. Rain has stopped. We could have a chance of two more weeks of great color. Possible snow Sunday night.

Hope y'all are happy and well, been out working in the shop with DH.

Old 10-13-2015, 02:53 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,169,159 times
I kinda suspected I didn't want to see the DeNiro/Hathaway film (retirement), The Intern. Here's a review:

What 'The Intern' Gets Wrong About Older Workers

Old 10-13-2015, 03:21 PM

8,612 posts, read 8,425,565 times
^^^ That's a shame, the trailers for the film looked pretty good

Old 10-13-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
NY2gal, glad you had a good time, you deserve it.

The colors here are spectacular this year. Will post pics later. Cold front coming in. Rain has stopped. We could have a chance of two more weeks of great color. Possible snow Sunday night.

Hope y'all are happy and well, been out working in the shop with DH.
Thank you!!

Unfortunately, trip home hit a snag. Got pulled over for speeding doing 73 in 55. Jefferson County, NY. Saw a lawyer today.... his cost $160. From his evaluation, I'll get 2 points on license and fine could be as much as $250. Already took the driver safety so that won't help me now.

Sun was very bright, coming in windshield and practically blinding me, obliterated the speed limit signs, and I was following about 6 cars, all of us doing same speed. I was in back, so guess that's why I got stopped. Not too happy right now.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:36 PM

5,101 posts, read 3,576,860 times
I don't blame you for being upset. I had a speeding ticket a few years ago and debated fighting it because I,also, was the last one. I just paid it.

As for weather, today is beautiful but yesterday the wind was dangerous & knocked down an electrical pole so we were out of power for 1 hour & people who happened to stay up said it also happened & 1:00 am but I was asleep so didn't know about it until today. There are rumors as to what happened & I'm not going there. A lot of gossip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement