U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 07:03 AM

4,880 posts, read 3,382,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I have always looked forward to DST, more so now that I have difficulty seeing at night. I need to start searching for those "early bird specials".
I'm with you Lenora. I can't see a reason why we don't have DST 365 days/year. I much prefer having it be light outdoors up to 8:30 p.m. or so.

It's my understand this was all done a long time ago to help the farmers.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 AM

1,353 posts, read 867,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Good for you!

I recently renewed by gym membership and I usually don't feel like going, but I'm determined to lose just 10 pounds - a realistic goal.
Thanks Clark! Was a bit nervous as I didn't know what to expect, but it was great, very easy paced and I wasn't the only beginner Losing 10 pounds would be lovely; more would be lovelier but I know that you've got to start somewhere.

Best of luck on your attempt to lose 10!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:36 PM

1,645 posts, read 631,336 times
Deelighted I am a bit late in welcoming you to Arizona! I would have liked to have met you when you went up north to see AZDesertBrat, but that time would not work. My family lives in Glendale, just to the west of Phoenix, and we really like it here. I hope you like Huachuca City! I don't think I have ever been there, but I know it is pretty.

Old 11-03-2015, 09:42 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We had the first heavy pea fog of the fall this morning.
I love walking in the fog.
Had my coffee and got dressed and walked along the fence line of my property and back to the house.
>>>>>>Stayed inside my property though for safety. <<<<<<
Your ears hear so much more when your eyes can't see.
Even ran into a couple of deer on the "back 10" eating acorns.

Supposed to be another heavy fog tomorrow morning ...can't wait.
This is a sincere question:.....

When you mention staying inside your fence line for SAFETY..May I ask, what would you possibly be subjecting yourself to, if you were on the other side of your property line?..........
I'm just courious............'cause I frequently go "outside my property boundries" when I am out wondering around my 14 acres.
Due to the fact that there are bears and mountain lions frequently coming through the 'creek bottom area' along my sounthern boundry, I do always carry a pistol or rifle just in case the need arises.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:18 AM

1,353 posts, read 867,042 times
HollyhockGarden I didn't know that you live in Arizona, and it sounds like you live fairly close to PhnxBarb. Maybe if we can talk AZDesertBrat into coming down this way, we could all get together. I'm willing to put on my traveling shoes

Old 11-04-2015, 07:26 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,771,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
HollyhockGarden I didn't know that you live in Arizona, and it sounds like you live fairly close to PhnxBarb. Maybe if we can talk AZDesertBrat into coming down this way, we could all get together. I'm willing to put on my traveling shoes
"Danger, Will Robinson!" Four women from the C-D Retirement Forum get together IRL and sumpin's a-gonna happen. Men, watch your backs!

Ducking for cover now.

Old 11-04-2015, 08:46 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,678,707 times
Well golly, under a Winter Storm Warning with up to 20" of snow forecast. Sitting here in front of the fire, hot cup of coffee happy I am not driving to work in this. It's good to be retired.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:04 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,472,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Well golly, under a Winter Storm Warning with up to 20" of snow forecast. Sitting here in front of the fire, hot cup of coffee happy I am not driving to work in this. It's good to be retired.

20"!!!!

I'm off to rake leaves - the last phase of this nonsense.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:54 AM

8,764 posts, read 9,839,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
"Danger, Will Robinson!" Four women from the C-D Retirement Forum get together IRL and sumpin's a-gonna happen. Men, watch your backs!

Ducking for cover now.
You better duck! You just KNOW we're gonna talk about YOU! (insert evil laugh here)

Old 11-04-2015, 09:56 AM

8,764 posts, read 9,839,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
I'd be happy to but, of course, it would have to be on a Tues. or Wed.. You guys are retired and can make it anytime. Walmart still has a hold on me! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement