U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2015, 05:44 AM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
I'd just threaten her with the severest torture for any AZ girl - to toss her outside in a MN snowbank & lock the doors so she couldn't get back in <whahahahahaha>

".............Bake more pies OR ELSE!!............."

Just made my shopping list for tomorrow a.m. beginning at 6 a.m.:

4 black mats - you know those big black commercial looking mats they use inside doors that pets frequently go in and out of. These save me every winter when 8 snowy feet come in and out all day.

Next: New dog beds for my 2 senior citizens

Then last but not least: new screw driver set (mine always manage to disappear) + a stud finder+ a tool bag + booster cables + bungee cords & tie downs.

So exciting to be a home owner & pet owner.

Boy, you guys are mean! lol

I need some of those things too. Especially the stud finder for hanging pictures on the wall and screwdrivers.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:45 AM

Quote:
She was saying goodbye - very strange but I believe in this stuff.

I believe in it too but this is the first time it's ever happened.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I believe too, ever since I was 10 & 'saw' my grandpa at the end of my bed. He told me not to worry & 10 or 20 minutes later my mom got a phone call that her father, my grandpa, had died.

When I was 11 my little 3 year old sister was killed in an auto accident. About three months later I woke up one night to see her sitting on the end of my bed. It didn't scare me or anything and she 'left' fairly quickly. I told my mom about it and she insisted I was 'dreaming', which I knew I wasn't. In later years she told me that she not only believed it was possible but she did believe me. I think my little sister came to let me know she really was 'okay' because I was totally devastated by her death. None of the adults around me ever gave it much of a thought about how I might be feeling/taking it.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
AZDB,
I am sorry to hear of your sister's passing.

"To just wake up, wide awake, like that and wonder why. I just wish I had called her yesterday instead of waiting till today."
"It has taken me all day but I've finally got my head wrapped around the fact that she's really gone. It was such a shock!"

I believe that departing souls are able to "say goodbye" across space and time. And I believe that it is not uncommon that the recipient senses something. If I may make a suggestion - when I was in a similar situation, I found it helpful to write a letter to my lost loved one. I wrote everything I had never gotten around to saying. I still have the letter. I don't re-read it often, but when I do, I cry. But they are tears of love and gratitude.

There are many really good people on these CD forums. You are one. <<HUGS>>

Thank you. So nice of you to say so.

I might write that letter. Over the past couple of years though I think we did a pretty good job of ironing out our 'differences'. She could be a real pistol and pain in the butt sometimes but she had a big heart.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:56 AM

6,618 posts, read 5,275,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
When I was 11 my little 3 year old sister was killed in an auto accident. About three months later I woke up one night to see her sitting on the end of my bed. It didn't scare me or anything and she 'left' fairly quickly. I told my mom about it and she insisted I was 'dreaming', which I knew I wasn't. In later years she told me that she not only believed it was possible but she did believe me. I think my little sister came to let me know she really was 'okay' because I was totally devastated by her death. None of the adults around me ever gave it much of a thought about how I might be feeling/taking it.
Something like that happened to me when my grandfather died.

It was the evening after his funeral. Had a full house at my mom's. I was still in high school. Family was in the kitchen talking. I was snuggled in on the sofa sleeper - reading. I clearly heard my grandfather call out to me. His voice was very distinctive. He just said my name and nothing else. I can still hear it.

Old 11-27-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post

It was the evening after his funeral. Had a full house at my mom's. I was still in high school. Family was in the kitchen talking. I was snuggled in on the sofa sleeper - reading. I clearly heard my grandfather call out to me. His voice was very distinctive. He just said my name and nothing else. I can still hear it.

Isn't it odd when things like that happen. But oddly comforting in a way too.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:07 AM

30,037 posts, read 35,229,823 times
We are the proud grand parents of newly born twin girls. Mother and twins are all doing well. Dad is doing well and they have a handful with a son just under 3,

Old 11-28-2015, 07:11 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Quote:
She was saying goodbye - very strange but I believe in this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
I believe too, ever since I was 10 & 'saw' my grandpa at the end of my bed. He told me not to worry & 10 or 20 minutes later my mom got a phone call that her father, my grandpa, had died.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
AZDB,
I am sorry to hear of your sister's passing.

"To just wake up, wide awake, like that and wonder why. I just wish I had called her yesterday instead of waiting till today."
"It has taken me all day but I've finally got my head wrapped around the fact that she's really gone. It was such a shock!"

I believe that departing souls are able to "say goodbye" across space and time. And I believe that it is not uncommon that the recipient senses something. If I may make a suggestion - when I was in a similar situation, I found it helpful to write a letter to my lost loved one. I wrote everything I had never gotten around to saying. I still have the letter. I don't re-read it often, but when I do, I cry. But they are tears of love and gratitude.

There are many really good people on these CD forums. You are one. <<HUGS>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post

+111 BTDT it's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We are the proud grand parents of newly born twin girls. Mother and twins are all doing well. Dad is doing well and they have a handful with a son just under 3,
Congrats TuborgP!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2015, 09:19 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
Congratulations on a wonderful two fur, Tuborg !!! Double trouble but oh what fun !!

Old 11-28-2015, 10:07 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post

Congratulations!! I've always thought twins would be so much fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement