Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 03:15 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We are the proud grand parents of newly born twin girls. Mother and twins are all doing well. Dad is doing well and they have a handful with a son just under 3,
Congratulations on the new additions. You have the right to be proud.

Old 11-29-2015, 09:16 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,019,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
So he lets you think!

I AM the boss - I am - I am - I am~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-30-2015, 10:13 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
One of our two rescue cats is an almost two-year old, 15-pound and still growing, mostly Bengal cat who is so large he can stand up on his hind legs and comfortably put his front paws on the kitchen counters and the even higher bar dividing the kitchen from the dining room. But he's not the boss. Our delicate, 10-pound rescue, originally feral, 13-year old female cat whom it took us two years to gentle holds that position. As for us, they permit us to live here too.

Old 11-30-2015, 11:19 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
LOL Curm, you don't own them, they own you.........

I remember back in the day when we had 22....10 in the house, 12 in the barn. Ah, the good ole days.

'These are the good old days.' ~Carly Simon

Old 11-30-2015, 04:30 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,969,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Reminds me of walking my two dogs, lol. One of them is proud, beautiful, and obstinate. If she wants to go her way instead of mine, she throws all her weight and might into resisting, planting her body and leaning her way while the little guy waits to see who's going to win. I start in my reasoning with her out loud: Who's the master, who's the dog? Repeat 6 times and go her way.

Old 11-30-2015, 10:07 PM

7,043 posts, read 6,293,948 times
I have been having so much fun on the Las Vegas thread. I am going to have to put that town into my search.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:24 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Default One more reason...

I love my house! Got up at 5:30 AM and it was 29 degrees outside. I don't run my heat at night and it was 60 degrees inside! Just a tad chilly but it takes no time at all to warm it up in here. Once the sun starts to warm it up a bit it'll stay right around 70 all day. I love it! Saves on the gas bill, for sure. Also, my garage is well insulated and drywalled so it stays 'warmer' than outdoors too. I checked the temp out there and it's 42!

I need to call my handyman. The leaves off of my humongous Mulberry tree are falling like crazy and are just about ankle deep! And lots more to come! lol

Old 12-01-2015, 09:11 AM

AZ, what part of Arizona on CD would I be looking at to find the best col?

Old 12-01-2015, 10:54 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,906,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
AZ, what part of Arizona on CD would I be looking at to find the best col?

I'd have to say it depends on what you're looking for and your priorities. Deelighted has found a really good place, for all the 'things that count' including the COL. It's pretty good where I live too although the rents seem to be going up little by little. We do have some nice 55+ communities here. Very nice manufactured homes and inexpensive. Except that you'd still have to pay lot rent even if you owned your home outright. I didn't buy in one because of that. The lot rent would have been the same as my house payment now and I never would have really owned it. I think the COL here is pretty reasonable. It seems like food costs keep going up and up but that's the same everywhere.

The Arizona forum has subforums for Flagstaff/Sedona...which includes us...Prescott and the whole area over there, Phoenix and the 'burbs and Tucson along with Southern AZ.

One of the reasons I like where I live is that it isn't an area of 'extremes'. It gets hot, it gets cold but never to the point where you just can't stand it. Well, some people will complain about the weather either way but I like it just fine. We don't have earthquakes, hurricanes...although during the Monsoons you might think so!...no tornadoes unless it's a real freak of nature. We DO have wildfires here but they don't usually burn the towns. I take that back about the earthquakes. No biggies but we do have a *roller coaster* through once in a great while. The last one was centered about 50 miles away and I wouldn't have noticed it except that my chair jumped and the top part hit me in the back! A quake in Mexico and So Cal once caused my ceiling fans to rock back and forth.

Geographically we are almost the center of the state which makes it real convenient for road trips around the state. And you don't have to drive far to be in a totally different type of geology, etc.. It's not much more than four hours to reach any state line in all directions. And it's pretty here.

Old 12-01-2015, 11:14 AM

I am definitely going to check it out. I couldn't sleep much last night because of the snow and I'm sure barametric pressure. I am so tired today.

Oh well, either I will finally just fall asleep or it will be March soon. Whichever comes first, lol.

The thing about winter is that it has to be warm to snow like it is now. Very pretty but it gets old quickly. Plus there is a 'guesstimate' that it will quit today but as far as I can see, it has no intention of stopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement