U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-05-2015, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Verde Valley AZ
8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Reputation: 11350

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
You are such a wuss. I hope it wasn't a baby. Once I rescued a bambino mouse from a tray of molasses in a food coop. Must have come out overnight and OD'd on the drip tray under the spigot. I picked him up and washed him off in the janitor sink and sent him on his way. He gave a little hiccup going out the door. I think of him as Sonny.

This truly made me laugh. I've read it three times and still laugh. lol


A mouse wouldn't last five minutes in my house but, thankfully, I don't have any either. My cats have a small toy mouse that they leave laying all over and one day a friend spotted it, gave an "eek" and said "There's a mouse!". I told her not to worry, it was dead.

 
Old 12-05-2015, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Edina, MN, USA
6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Reputation: 16359
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
You are such a wuss. I hope it wasn't a baby. Once I rescued a bambino mouse from a tray of molasses in a food coop. Must have come out overnight and OD'd on the drip tray under the spigot. I picked him up and washed him off in the janitor sink and sent him on his way. He gave a little hiccup going out the door. I think of him as Sonny.

What a bleeding heart - it wasn't a baby it was a really big RAT - aarrrr -with knashing teeth. Nope - it was in mouse heaven. Mice do not belong in my house.
 
Old 12-06-2015, 02:52 PM
 
Location: University City, Philadelphia
22,607 posts, read 12,486,580 times
Reputation: 15595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
Get a cat - they have this "thing" - a sense that there's something that doesn't belong there and will stalk it then catch and play with it til the poor thing dies of a heart attack.
Can't. I personally love cats (and dogs). Professor Robert is allergic to them. When I first moved into this house over a dozen years ago I had a gray tabby cat named Miss Cleo.
 
Old 12-06-2015, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 73,157,594 times
Reputation: 27584
Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate !


 
Old 12-08-2015, 01:00 PM
 
Location: UpstateNY
8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Reputation: 7530
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
CCgirl: You are so funny. You should have a late night show.
PB, BLON, I have no sense of humor save for my hysterical Irish DH. When we met (I wasw 19) he said I was an 80 yo woman and cynical at that. Years of watching the Stooges and other comedic shows taught me to be funny. I never had a funny bone in my body until we met.

The one thing he told me that always stuck with me was~

You don't want regret to be your only companion in old age.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate !

Amen, I do not but I am 1/2 Jew by my birth father. He wa never, um, what's the term, when they get to fifteen yo???? O Bar Mitzvad!!!!!!! (sp?) I have a small Menorah somewhere.........Blessings, Clark!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when I told my grandma that DH and I, the Irish Leprechaun, were dating, she mentioned that the Irish were long thought to be the seventh lost tribe of the Jews. DH laghed his azz off. The grandfolks knew he was good people. 32 years later, they were right.

God bless us all.
 
Old 12-10-2015, 04:19 AM
 
2,580 posts, read 2,173,596 times
Reputation: 3841
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Happy Hanukkah to those that celebrate !

Sweet and thank you.
CC- a bar mitzvah is at age 13.
(there were 12 tribes- )
 
Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Cochise County, AZ
1,353 posts, read 867,042 times
Reputation: 2940
Well it appears that it's time to retire from this Retirement forum. If you need me or want to chat about anything feel free to send me a private message (PM) - I'll eventually get around to answering (don't know why but I'm horrible at replying to PM's).
 
Old 12-10-2015, 10:12 AM
 
238 posts, read 197,909 times
Reputation: 565
Default Sorry to see you go, Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
Well it appears that it's time to retire from this Retirement forum. If you need me or want to chat about anything feel free to send me a private message (PM) - I'll eventually get around to answering (don't know why but I'm horrible at replying to PM's).
I hope you will reconsider.
 
Old 12-10-2015, 10:26 AM
 
Location: middle tennessee
1,959 posts, read 1,029,782 times
Reputation: 7272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenah View Post
I hope you will reconsider.



Me, too.


I think about "doing something else" , sometimes several times a day, but there are people here that I feel a real affection for that I miss when I'm (cough, cough) away for 3 days.


I think the ignore button is a useful tool. I try not to let people who irritate me rule my actions.


I missed the current issue, if there is one, but I do hope that anyone who feels the need to take a break will feel comfortable looking in when they are ready.
 
Old 12-10-2015, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Central NY
4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Reputation: 12643
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
Me, too.


I think about "doing something else" , sometimes several times a day, but there are people here that I feel a real affection for that I miss when I'm (cough, cough) away for 3 days.


I think the ignore button is a useful tool. I try not to let people who irritate me rule my actions.


I missed the current issue, if there is one, but I do hope that anyone who feels the need to take a break will feel comfortable looking in when they are ready.
I have to learn to use it more often!!

Many very nice people here. But a few who I allow get under my skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top