U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 08:48 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times

Advertisements

It's pretty nice here in Phoenix area. Cold yesterday but balmy today.

I remember one year when we lived outside Denver. The Christmas wreath I had on the front door started to melt (ornaments were plastic) when it got to be 70 degrees. It was a very unusual Christmas that year.

Old 12-23-2015, 09:46 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
It's pretty nice here in Phoenix area. Cold yesterday but balmy today.

I remember one year when we lived outside Denver. The Christmas wreath I had on the front door started to melt (ornaments were plastic) when it got to be 70 degrees. It was a very unusual Christmas that year.

A melting wreath? Oh no! I can still get in the Christmas mood when it's 70 degrees but the times I've been in Florida for Christmas it didn't seem like Christmas at all. Lights on the palm trees and country music Christmas songs. Enjoy your balminess.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:24 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
I have a new one, used maybe once. Now with my smart phone I don't need it. I'll give you a good price

What is the model/Brand? How much? For sure I want one with lifetime updates.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:50 PM

6,183 posts, read 9,247,291 times
So on this Christmas eve, I have been "beaten" out of 2 homes in Prescott AZ that I decided were right for me. Apparently you need a crystal ball to know when a home comes on the market there and then jump in the car and go get it. Absolutely unbelievable.

It's understandable what with the 4 seasons, tons of retirees, Osher program, shopping, hilly terrain,pine trees, nice homes that don't all look cookie cutter. Oh yes, small taxes. Two hours north of my kids. Lots of activities and stuff. And best of all: only 90 in the summer, not 116. New plan is to move and then sell my house here. But so far, even that isn't working !

But, I am determined. There must be a house I can put an offer on and get. Next year for sure.

Old 12-24-2015, 01:54 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
So on this Christmas eve, I have been "beaten" out of 2 homes in Prescott AZ that I decided were right for me. Apparently you need a crystal ball to know when a home comes on the market there and then jump in the car and go get it. Absolutely unbelievable.

It's understandable what with the 4 seasons, tons of retirees, Osher program, shopping, hilly terrain,pine trees, nice homes that don't all look cookie cutter. Oh yes, small taxes. Two hours north of my kids. Lots of activities and stuff. And best of all: only 90 in the summer, not 116. New plan is to move and then sell my house here. But so far, even that isn't working !

But, I am determined. There must be a house I can put an offer on and get. Next year for sure.

Hi PhxBarb, as you can see, I'm still here!!

When things like that happen to me, I have started to consider the idea there must be a good reason why something happened or not. It relieves some of the stress of not getting something I had hoped to get.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:22 PM

1,353 posts, read 867,042 times
May your Christmas be filled with the joy of this holy day!

Old 12-24-2015, 04:34 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:

If you're not already, you can get on email alerts for brand new listings that fit your criteria. Before we bought our current house we looked for months, found nothing, and gave up. One day weeks later I was getting ready to go to my class when I noticed an email alert for the house, knew it was mine, called the realtor and said right now! I snatched up my husband against his protests we flew out the door. We signed an OP exactly 90 min later. Many sellers do require 24-hr notice, but many homes are vacant and have lock boxes. Having a buyers agent willing to swing into action on a moment's notice sounds like something that would help.Best wishes for that new place in the new year.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:13 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Wow. Went outside & there was a beautiful full moon. No sooner than I gazed it was covered by a cloud. What a holy sight.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:34 PM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Wow. Went outside & there was a beautiful full moon. No sooner than I gazed it was covered by a cloud. What a holy sight.
It should be nice for anyone driving home tomorrow night to have that beautiful full moon up there lighting the way. I heard that there won't be another full moon on Christmas for nineteen years. So enjoy!

Old 12-24-2015, 07:30 PM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
I think it is called the Christmas moon. Best seen Christmas morning around 6 or 6:30 a.m. EST

One was seen 1977 and next one I think 2034. Check your weather stations website, info may be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement