U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 11:36 AM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
We think so but I bet he doesn't

That was my thought too. lol

Old 12-25-2015, 01:14 PM

238 posts, read 197,909 times
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Old 12-25-2015, 02:47 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
We think so but I bet he doesn't
Well, as long as they bring all the food it would be ok.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:04 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Well kids, I went anyway. I decided heck I have a Jeep, I can go anywhere. And as luck would have it, I got behind a snow plow and followed it stayed in 4wd and slowed down. The plow and me were the only things on the road. Spent Christmas at my relatives (who live at only 5,000 feet so not a lot of snow there), LOTS of food (I took home a lot), got some smoked salmon for a present and a nice wool flannel shirt. I baked cookies and made candy for everyone.

Drove home in a snowstorm, saw a couple of cars over the side but all were red tagged (already checked). My two hour drive took 3 1/2 hours. Home to my adoring doggies, made a fire and sat watching it snow with my (much deserved) rum and coke.

This Saturday morning it's 3 (degrees that is) and snowing hard. Sitting here with my hot coffee, fire and doggies curled up on the sofa (of course) sound asleep.

No rushing around, no having to be someplace today. Retirement is great.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:07 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Well kids, I went anyway. I decided heck I have a Jeep, I can go anywhere. And as luck would have it, I got behind a snow plow and followed it stayed in 4wd and slowed down. The plow and me were the only things on the road. Spent Christmas at my relatives (who live at only 5,000 feet so not a lot of snow there), LOTS of food (I took home a lot), got some smoked salmon for a present and a nice wool flannel shirt. I baked cookies and made candy for everyone.

Drove home in a snowstorm, saw a couple of cars over the side but all were red tagged (already checked). My two hour drive took 3 1/2 hours. Home to my adoring doggies, made a fire and sat watching it snow with my (much deserved) rum and coke.

This Saturday morning it's 3 (degrees that is) and snowing hard. Sitting here with my hot coffee, fire and doggies curled up on the sofa (of course) sound asleep.

Reading your posts, you remind me of a book I read recently. One of the characters was a man who lived up a mountain in a cabin in CO ..... very self sufficient, etc. I hated to have the book end because I enjoyed his story too much (it was a fictitious story).

You sound like you enjoy your life a lot; keep up the good work!

Old 12-26-2015, 08:25 PM

22,607 posts, read 12,486,580 times
Okay, folks! I promised you a few weeks ago I would post a picture of my front parlor ... showing the new (vintage, not exactly "antique") carpet and coffee table. It's a small cozy room, perfect for tea.

The house was built c.1894 in the French "Second Empire Style" with a slate mansard roof. Since no children or pets live in this house, I'm attempting to bring back a Victorian ambiance. I'm still working on the room, moving the furniture around, etc. Doesn't look like the home of "Kampus Kop" right?!?!

Old 12-26-2015, 09:07 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post

I almost bought a jeep & now wish I had. Your home life sounds delightful. I'm envious.

Old 12-27-2015, 04:58 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,173,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Okay, folks! I promised you a few weeks ago I would post a picture of my front parlor ... showing the new (vintage, not exactly "antique") carpet and coffee table. It's a small cozy room, perfect for tea.

The house was built c.1894 in the French "Second Empire Style" with a slate mansard roof. Since no children or pets live in this house, I'm attempting to bring back a Victorian ambiance. I'm still working on the room, moving the furniture around, etc. Doesn't look like the home of "Kampus Kop" right?!?!
Wow! most impressive. And yes definitely a cozy and refined room perfect for tea. (you should be on some of the decorating forums..... as we say great eye candy).

Old 12-27-2015, 07:32 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:

That is amazing. Wow!

Old 12-27-2015, 11:51 AM

20,328 posts, read 19,311,428 times
Quote:

Wonderful! SLATE roof--you don't see that too often these days. Although not all antique homes or styles are to my taste I did learn to appreciate all styles in my art history classes, including a very interesting class called American Antiques. Very well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement