U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 06:58 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times

Advertisements

Happy New Year, everyone. I turned 67 two hours ago. Looking forward to the day and eve celebrations. Let's reach our dream/goal in '16!

Old 12-31-2015, 07:04 AM

4,882 posts, read 3,382,746 times
Happy Birthday to RiverBird!! and many happy returns!

Happy New Year to everyone. Please stay safe if out celebrating tonight.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:17 AM

8,612 posts, read 8,427,479 times
Happy birthday RiverBird!!!!!!!! Happy New Year everyone!!!!!!!

Been sick with stomach flu, held captive in the hospital for four days, escaped and came home to get better.

Old 12-31-2015, 08:31 AM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
CCc - You must have been really sick to land in the hospital -know what you mean about coming home to get better. Hospitals are so noisy - get better soon.

Happy BDay Riverbird - gawd you're old ().

Old 12-31-2015, 10:32 AM

4,544 posts, read 4,826,540 times
Riverbird... Happy Birthday to you!!

Old 12-31-2015, 01:48 PM

Umb, I didn't want to go but wa so exhausted last Monday DH begged me to go. Being the honest person that I am, when I told the doc that I had two to four cocktails an evening it turned into them holding me hostage and lecturing me on drinking, treatment for the stomach went out the window.

They put a nauseous woman whao had not eaten in three days on a liquid diet.

They gave me narcotic painkillers so I couldn't drive myself home.

They took blood every day for four days. They found nothing except slight elevated enzymes of the pancreas and liver.

They woke me every two hours to take vitals, EKG's and listen to my chest. You can't get any sleep. I was exhausted.

They took two chest Xrays.

Finally the nurse on head of shift drafted my release papers and told me to get the hell out of there when I was able.

An hour and a half later I literally ran out of there, feeling ten times worse than when I came in.

It took me two nights to get over the daymere of what had transpired. I couldn't sleep. Wracked with anxiety. Weak from no food.

Finally on the third night home I slept. Thank you, whiskey.

I'm getting better slowly. Eating when I feel like it, Ensure when I don't. I've lost 18 pounds during this ordeal over six weeks.

Never again, hospital, unless I'm comatose or bleeding. Never.

Old 12-31-2015, 01:53 PM

16,042 posts, read 19,171,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Riverbird... Happy Birthday to you!!
Wow that's beautiful! Thank you! Is that your own artwork?

Old 12-31-2015, 02:07 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,473,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Umb, I didn't want to go but wa so exhausted last Monday DH begged me to go. Being the honest person that I am, when I told the doc that I had two to four cocktails an evening it turned into them holding me hostage and lecturing me on drinking, treatment for the stomach went out the window.

They put a nauseous woman whao had not eaten in three days on a liquid diet.

They gave me narcotic painkillers so I couldn't drive myself home.

They took blood every day for four days. They found nothing except slight elevated enzymes of the pancreas and liver.

They woke me every two hours to take vitals, EKG's and listen to my chest. You can't get any sleep. I was exhausted.

They took two chest Xrays.

Finally the nurse on head of shift drafted my release papers and told me to get the hell out of there when I was able.

An hour and a half later I literally ran out of there, feeling ten times worse than when I came in.

It took me two nights to get over the daymere of what had transpired. I couldn't sleep. Wracked with anxiety. Weak from no food.

Finally on the third night home I slept. Thank you, whiskey.

I'm getting better slowly. Eating when I feel like it, Ensure when I don't. I've lost 18 pounds during this ordeal over six weeks.

Never again, hospital, unless I'm comatose or bleeding. Never.

I wondered what happened to you. What a crazy place but I have heard stories like this here also. Wake people up in the middle of the night to walk - ??????????? "Oh don't worry we'll give you another sleeping pill to go back to sleep." Another pill - the medical profession has a real pill problem.

Now that you're home - relax - sleep and get better. And eat!!

Old 12-31-2015, 02:54 PM

OMG I felt like a refugee escaping a prison camp. Ridiculous. I had just fallen asleep the last day at four a.m. and an hour later a tech scared me to death awake looking to take more blood. Seriously, at five in the freaking morning????

Old 12-31-2015, 04:34 PM

4,544 posts, read 4,826,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
Wow that's beautiful! Thank you! Is that your own artwork?

No, I a sorta borrowed it. You caught me. But glad you like it!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement