U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2016, 06:14 PM

11,201 posts, read 12,675,819 times

Advertisements

The most I've seen here overnight was 26". I can't imagine getting 40 or 66" in one day especially in a major city. We're used to snow here, schools never close, life goes on. I am impressed with how fast New York got the streets cleared.

Old 01-24-2016, 06:53 PM

5,450 posts, read 3,540,260 times
I enjoy watching The Weather Channel on TV, a cable channel which is channel 58 using Comcast, when something big is happening such as Hurricane Sandy and the effects on the Jersey Shore and NYC, and during this weekend's big snow storm in Washington DC and NYC. CNN too.

Washington DC (and getting to and from surrounding suburbs in Maryland and Virginia) are always pathetic when even the tiniest amount of ice and snow hit. Having lived in Washington DC for 5.5 years, I watch with interest. Plus I lived in NYC too, and am always interested in what is going on there.

But I like The Weather Channel's approach for all geographic areas too when something big is happening.

Last edited by matisse12; 01-24-2016 at 07:30 PM..

Old 01-25-2016, 11:57 PM

1,645 posts, read 630,703 times
Hello everyone--- I want to check back in with the group; I've been out of commission for 2-3 months with a couple of hospitalizations and computer troubles, and also a hospitalization for my now 96 year old mom, who lives with us. Mom is starting with Hospice, so we will be going that route. She is still in their facility, but will be coming home soon, I think. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone. I'm going to stop now; this is a tablet and the battery is low!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:53 AM

4,879 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
Hello everyone--- I want to check back in with the group; I've been out of commission for 2-3 months with a couple of hospitalizations and computer troubles, and also a hospitalization for my now 96 year old mom, who lives with us. Mom is starting with Hospice, so we will be going that route. She is still in their facility, but will be coming home soon, I think. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone. I'm going to stop now; this is a tablet and the battery is low!

Good to have you back! I am sorry for the problems you have had over the past few months; hopefully y our are on the smooth road to recovery. Sorry to hear about your Mom; my sister had Hospice for the last several months before she passed in September. They were a blessing and continue to be so. I hope you have that same experience with them.

Old 01-26-2016, 09:06 AM

6,183 posts, read 9,242,986 times
Hi Hollyhock ! Glad you are ok. My Mom had Hospice of the Valley and we loved them. They provided the best aides ever and got to be like family. Hope it all works out smoothly for you.

Old 01-26-2016, 10:35 AM

1,352 posts, read 866,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyhockGarden View Post
It's good to hear from you HollyhockGarden and so sorry to hear the why of your disappearance. Hope you are doing better and please don't stress as we totally understand. Hugs!

Old 01-26-2016, 12:55 PM

PhxBarb, yes we are using Hospice of the Valley. We had a very positive experience wih them when we used them with my aunt, a few years back. Hopefully things will be okay! Deelighted, thanks for the welcome. I hope you are enjoying your first Arizona winter. Here in Phoenix it has been pleasant. I am hoping they have nice weather for the golf tournament next week -- sometimes they get rain! The Barrett Jackson auto auction is going now down here, and I have seen a few of the cars on the tv news. It is one of those events on my "bucket list". It would be fun to walk around and see all those beautiful cars! They are for rich collectors.

Old 01-30-2016, 08:21 AM

11,201 posts, read 12,675,819 times
Well by golly they are forecasting over 3 feet of snow here Sunday through Tuesday. This should be fun and I bet the national news won't mention it at all.

Old 01-30-2016, 10:14 AM

1,958 posts, read 1,028,803 times
Hello HollyhockGarden. Your name always makes me smile. I grew beautiful ones at my old place.

Still no word from CCCgirl?

Old 01-30-2016, 10:37 AM

Thanks for the greeting, newcomputer! I do grow hollyhocks here. They do beautifully in our Arizona springs. Mine will start blooming aroung May-June, because they are mostly on the north side of my house. I have seen many "volunteer" hollyhocks in the alleys in the older sections of Phoenix. They return year after year.

Jim, our weather forecast down here in Phoenix is calling for rain on Monday, with the northern areas like Flagstaff getting a large amount of snow. The Waste Management Open, aka The Phoenix Open, starts Feb 1st -- the same day they are forcasting all the rain!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement