U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 04:53 PM

22,606 posts, read 12,478,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post

Oh we ate at the Chinese buffet, owned by Vietnamese and with Mexican cooks.
That does not surprise me. Most of the Japanese sushi places in my area or either owned by Chinese or Vietnamese people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2016, 03:33 PM

6,182 posts, read 9,238,576 times
Has anyone heard from CCcgirl at all?? Or does anyone recall if she ever said the name of the town she lived in?? I hate it when people disappear from CD and I wish we could learn what happened.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:38 AM

16,042 posts, read 19,161,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Has anyone heard from CCcgirl at all?? Or does anyone recall if she ever said the name of the town she lived in?? I hate it when people disappear from CD and I wish we could learn what happened.
She had been in the hospital before she stopped posting. I thought she was in upstate NY about to move to FL. Several of us DM'd her with no reply.

Old 03-13-2016, 10:35 AM

4,865 posts, read 3,374,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBird View Post
She had been in the hospital before she stopped posting. I thought she was in upstate NY about to move to FL. Several of us DM'd her with no reply.
Hi, I'm pretty sure she lives near Lake George, NY.

Old 03-13-2016, 06:05 PM

22,606 posts, read 12,478,542 times
Maybe people should put in their wills "in the event of my demise, my internet passwords for Facebook, City-Data, and YouTube are xxxxxxxx. Please notify everyone on the following sites and threads of my demise."

Old 03-13-2016, 06:44 PM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Maybe people should put in their wills "in the event of my demise, my internet passwords for Facebook, City-Data, and YouTube are xxxxxxxx. Please notify everyone on the following sites and threads of my demise."

Actually in my safe I have a list of who to contact in the event of my death including my online forums I frequent. Just seems like a good idea in this whole social media thing.

Old 03-15-2016, 03:15 PM

2,514 posts, read 1,739,465 times
I voted in the FL primary this afternoon. It was my first time voting here and I was impressed. I was asked if I wanted to register to vote when I got my drivers license, which made it easy. Today the election workers were using tablets connected to a scanner for my drivers license, I signed the screen to verify my info was correct, was given my paper ballot and directed to a booth to fill it out. When finished, I put it through a scanner that verified my vote. They were well organized and very nice people who thanked me for voting. The polling place was a church.

In my NY village, my polling place was the local volunteer fire station. The election workers there looked me up in a large printed log book, which I signed and then I went into a voting machine where I pulled a lever that shut the curtain and after making my selection and pulling the lever again, the curtain opened.

Interesting differences and both got the job done.

Old 03-15-2016, 09:23 PM

11,195 posts, read 12,670,225 times
Ballots are mailed to voters here. You vote at home, mail the ballot back. Super easy.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:36 AM

654 posts, read 419,727 times
interesting primary results. one thing I think most everybody acknowledges. this years election process so far has not been boring.

we laid down the last layer of gloss on the hardwood floors today. breathtaking. and I started planting in the built-in brick planter in the family room. so excited for when carpets are put in. all walls are painted other than trim in one bedroom.

after the carpet is in we will still have much work to do,, but we're going to throw a little party because everyone in the neighborhood wants to see what we are doing with the "gang banger, squatter hoarder house."

Old 03-17-2016, 10:25 AM

6,182 posts, read 9,238,576 times
I am crying and so upset. I have to put my sweet 16 year old callie cat to sleep tomorrow. She has a malignant mammary tumor (just like I did) and is so thin and weak and can hardly walk. But she still has the will to get up and wants to go outside where she used to watch the birds. I have been force feeding her baby food and pedialyte and she just doesn't want to go on, yet still wants to be outdoors.

This is so reminiscent of my mother's passing at age 102, where the spirit lived on, but the body had withered. There is nothing like it when a beloved pet passes. I had hoped she would pass peacefully at home, but it's not going to happen. I pray I can get through tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement