U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 09:52 AM

8,319 posts, read 12,073,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Me too. I've never told this to anyone (shhhh) but I can't double quote. It just not work. If I want to do it, I have to copy and paste the other quote.

When you want to double (or triple) quote, click the ''+ symbol next to the quote button on the bottom right-hand side of the person's post. That "+ will then turn red. Once that's done, move on to the second post you want to quote. If that's the only other one, then just click on the quote button like you normally do and both posts will show up in their own boxes for you to respond to.

Old 04-21-2016, 10:12 AM

20,319 posts, read 19,304,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
When you want to double (or triple) quote, click the ''+ symbol next to the quote button on the bottom right-hand side of the person's post. That "+ will then turn red. Once that's done, move on to the second post you want to quote. If that's the only other one, then just click on the quote button like you normally do and both posts will show up in their own boxes for you to respond to.
Well, I typed my original post bc/before coffee. But now--a + sign? I don't have one. There's Quote, with a quill pen, " Multi quote this message, Quick reply to this message, and Blog this Post.

That's it. A plus sign? I use Chrome but I think others who use Chrome can multi-quote. Thanks for trying.

I'm off to the eye dr now but maybe I'll try again later. Maybe I can get a plus sign somehow, LOL.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well, I typed my original post bc/before coffee. But now--a + sign? I don't have one. There's Quote, with a quill pen, " Multi quote this message, Quick reply to this message, and Blog this Post.

That's it. A plus sign? I use Chrome but I think others who use Chrome can multi-quote. Thanks for trying.

I'm off to the eye dr now but maybe I'll try again later. Maybe I can get a plus sign somehow, LOL.
Not a + (plus sign); it was a "+ (quotation mark followed by a plus sign).

It's a good thing you're going to the eye doctor.

Old 04-21-2016, 11:34 AM

RIP Prince.

Too many people have been dying in their 50s lately. Just yesterday, legendary Syracuse basketball player Pearl Washington died of a brain tumor at the age of 52. Now Prince is dead at 57.

Old 04-21-2016, 12:41 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,472,596 times
Quote:
RIP Prince.

Too many people have been dying in their 50s lately. Just yesterday, legendary Syracuse basketball player Pearl Washington died of a brain tumor at the age of 52. Now Prince is dead at 57.
This really is a shocker. I met him several times - the first was at a local night club when he sat down next to me. He said "Hi' - I said "Hi". He was just starting to be known but I didn't know who he was - just thought he was strange with his eye liner. After he left my friend (later husband) said "You do know who that was?" Some guy with eye liner - "That was Prince" Oops.

He spent quite a bit of time here in Mpls and was known to pop in at one of the local clubs and just talk to people and sometimes sing a bit.

RIP Prince.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:33 PM

20,319 posts, read 19,304,785 times
Quote:
Quote:
Not a + (plus sign); it was a "+ (quotation mark followed by a plus sign).

It's a good thing you're going to the eye doctor.
Still doesn't work. It still turns RED but nothing more than that. Just got back from the day long cataract surgeon's appointment. I don't think the eye surgery will help me with multi-quoting though. (This post wasn't a multi quote; it was a quote of your post that contained multi quotes. Best I can do.)

Old 04-22-2016, 01:08 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,741,983 times
No school today for the youngest grandkid, so the two of us took off for one of our last beach days. We'll be heading north soon. Another beautiful day and the crowds are gone, at least on a weekday. Retired captains run the electric boat that ferries across the Intercoastal to the beach. Captain Dave had us wait when we got back on the return trip. He got a Tootsie-Pop out of his office to give to a good little boy, what a sweet guy!

Chat Thread-image.jpeg

Old 04-23-2016, 11:21 PM

5,102 posts, read 3,578,192 times
Help, help &more help.

Does anyone know how I would post a jpeg photo to Facebook?
I wasn't to share photos with my granddaughter who has finally sent me pics. (Read previous posts, grief, retirement)

I have so many beautiful &/or fun pictures of us together; from day 1, until I was not allowed to see her, after my son's divorce, at age 5.

Please read my posts in the grief forum before responding.

Anyway, my sweetie pie granddaughter has posted her picture to me on Facebook but I don't know how to transfer scanned pictures of me & her & early pictures of her dad. It was a messy divorce, which is why she does not have pictures.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:10 AM

6,611 posts, read 5,275,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Help, help &more help.

Does anyone know how I would post a jpeg photo to Facebook?
I wasn't to share photos with my granddaughter who has finally sent me pics. (Read previous posts, grief, retirement)

I have so many beautiful &/or fun pictures of us together; from day 1, until I was not allowed to see her, after my son's divorce, at age 5.

Please read my posts in the grief forum before responding.

Anyway, my sweetie pie granddaughter has posted her picture to me on Facebook but I don't know how to transfer scanned pictures of me & her & early pictures of her dad. It was a messy divorce, which is why she does not have pictures.
When you go to the comment box on Facebook, the option for adding a photo is the camera symbol. Click on that, it will ask you to upload the file, find it, hit open, and that should do it.

Old 04-24-2016, 08:49 AM

11,202 posts, read 12,678,707 times
I had sustained winds of 40mph for 20 HOURS yesterday with gusts to 70mph. Absolutely miserable. So far this morning it's sunny and pleasant, 45 degrees out and NO wind. Going trout fishing with my brand new $1 senior fishing license.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement