U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 12:31 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meo92953 View Post
Very strange weather here lately. Today it's thundering and going between sprinkles and downpours. I happen to like thunder and lightening, but it is so strange for this time of year. Oh, and now it's hailing.
This shows how different it can be in MN. It's sunny & blue skies here.

RANT: The city is redoing all the streets in a 5 block radius.
I live across from a park and it is ground zero for storage of all these supplies (big round cement things, long pipes, gravel, sand, etc...). My street is where they park their equipment - bull dozers, trucks, other heavy equipment. Getting out of my driveway is always a challenge with both ends being blocked many times. Squeaky Pete next door lowered the boom when his wife almost wiped out their new Lexus.

They dug up big holes in all our yards - not to worry cuz they put those big "warning~~~~" flashers up all over.

Today they have been banging on my house - surprised it hasn't fallen down. Went to check - "We're replacing your gas meter" Ok - so why was it necessary to spray orange paint all over the rock? It's their "Tough shat" attitude that makes it worse. No hot water.

So more noise - big digger in my front yard filing all the holes but making more of a mess. I'm waiting for an ambulance - I know Squeakey Pete is about to go into cardiac arrest.

They haven't started digging up my street yet~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting for this to be over so I can put my house on the market - the guy gave me that smirk when I told him - wanted to throw him down one of the holes he dug.

I need a drink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 02:57 PM

6,096 posts, read 9,646,215 times
Today's not bad down here in the lower left corner. But we're getting an edge of what PhxBarb is going to deal with ... triple-digit temps by Sunday/Monday. No bueno.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:02 PM

4,876 posts, read 3,377,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
This shows how different it can be in MN. It's sunny & blue skies here.

RANT: The city is redoing all the streets in a 5 block radius.
I live across from a park and it is ground zero for storage of all these supplies (big round cement things, long pipes, gravel, sand, etc...). My street is where they park their equipment - bull dozers, trucks, other heavy equipment. Getting out of my driveway is always a challenge with both ends being blocked many times. Squeaky Pete next door lowered the boom when his wife almost wiped out their new Lexus.

They dug up big holes in all our yards - not to worry cuz they put those big "warning~~~~" flashers up all over.

Today they have been banging on my house - surprised it hasn't fallen down. Went to check - "We're replacing your gas meter" Ok - so why was it necessary to spray orange paint all over the rock? It's their "Tough shat" attitude that makes it worse. No hot water.

So more noise - big digger in my front yard filing all the holes but making more of a mess. I'm waiting for an ambulance - I know Squeakey Pete is about to go into cardiac arrest.

They haven't started digging up my street yet~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm waiting for this to be over so I can put my house on the market - the guy gave me that smirk when I told him - wanted to throw him down one of the holes he dug.

I need a drink.
That sounds really awful! I am sorry you are going through that. Why are they digging holes in your yard? Replacing pipes?

You might want to have two drinks.

Hope the mess is over sooner than later.

Old 06-17-2016, 06:02 PM

6,977 posts, read 7,470,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
That sounds really awful! I am sorry you are going through that. Why are they digging holes in your yard? Replacing pipes?

You might want to have two drinks.

Hope the mess is over sooner than later.
They're replacing the gas lines & meters etc... I have bobcat tracks all over my yard and orange paint in many places on my rock.

This could get ugly if every dam* thing isn't fixed properly. I'm normally mild mannered but today I could become that screaming clawing scratching crazy woman.

Did I mention that my property taxes went up $800 this year - part for the street (there's big price tag on that) and reevaluation of the property.

I have no liquor here - maybe I should go get some

Old 06-17-2016, 07:29 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,351,370 times
It looks like CD just went live with ads.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:29 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,019,701 times
It's 12:29am and 81 degrees outside

Old 06-17-2016, 11:33 PM

10,849 posts, read 8,196,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJW50 View Post
It's 12:29am and 81 degrees outside
A few years ago it was 94 degrees here at 1:00 am. The next morning I told DH that it's time to move.
We can deal with 100+ degrees in the daytime as long as it cools down at night.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:14 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,740,383 times
We returned from our annual summer road trip to see our families. It's bittersweet to see our parents aging and maybe a preview into our future, but seeing the young nieces and nephews growing up and changing so much balanced it all out. We listened to a good audio book and the road trip sped by.

We had phone internet only and no wifi so I had forced no-screen time which I enjoyed. I'm continuing on and am lessening my online time considerably. While auto-correct insists I capitalize the word Internet, I'm choosing to keep the internet lower case in my life for a while. I'll be around, but not as much for a summer break.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:18 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,382,623 times
My favorite time of year........15 hrs&47 min of daylight today.......lows at night in the 40s and highs in the 70s & blue Skys & calm breezes. Will get into the low 80s Mon/Tue.
All the birds and wildlife (Robin's, Quail, Wild Turkey and others) have all their little ones running all over the wild grass areas looking for insects, bugs etc..........
Walked down to the creek yesterday (100 yards away), and saw two WT deer with twin fawns each taking a drink.
Last month began my 37th yr living on this property full time.......and being in my 85th year....I continue to realize how lucky I am----------Peace, Quite, Wildlife and Privacy abound..........Rex (my Dog) and I are content with "things just as they are"
CARPE DIEM,.......

Old 06-18-2016, 10:08 AM

6,182 posts, read 9,240,764 times
Wonderful post. Wish I was there....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement