U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM

1,353 posts, read 867,042 times

Advertisements

I woke up very early yesterday morning so I went out on the balcony with my coffee to sit and wake up a bit. I could hear a coyote howling -- what an eerie sound when everything else was so quiet.

Old 10-02-2016, 09:41 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,302 posts, read 3,384,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
My husband and I will be greeters at the polls, here, soon for early voting#####. We have an all day leadership class at Ollie on Nov. 8th.,####. so will not be able to volunteer then. Early voting is expected to be heavy in the Asheville area. Some down ticket races are particularly contentious.

We enjoy participating.
OLLI.......... if you're going to attend....... please spell it correctly.

Old 10-02-2016, 10:26 AM

1,661 posts, read 1,352,605 times
Default Lol

Thanks for the spelling correction. My spellchecker liked Ollie better --but why the smirk. Pretty judgemental.

Last edited by funisart; 10-02-2016 at 10:29 AM.. Reason: Add

Old 10-02-2016, 05:17 PM

8,766 posts, read 9,841,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
Hey, I love early voting! I don't believe the remaining debates will swing most of the undecided voters one way or the other. It will be interesting to see how many eligible voters actually make it to the polls.

I don't 'get' how people can STILL be "undecided" about who they are voting for. It's not like they haven't had nearly two years to figure it out. Personally I see a LOT of voter apathy around here. So many people I know don't pay one bit of attention to politics and couldn't care less. Especially the younger ones. They say they are more concerned with their "daily lives and surviving" so don't pay attention. You'd think they would be the ones MOST concerned. The other day on break at work I asked the group that was at the break table...about 7 of us...how many would be voting. Only me! They were all from mid 20s to mid 40s and not voting!

Old 10-02-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If you're 65 or older, you can do that in TX also. I received my ballot today.

AZ too but I haven't received my ballot yet. I did get my book with all the candidates in it yesterday. I need to read up on some of the local folks running for office. My grandson's FIL is running for office this year and he'd be a really good choice.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:22 PM

8,322 posts, read 12,075,881 times
For those who didn't want to spend ninety minutes watching the debate last week, here it is in nine.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:33 PM

11,202 posts, read 12,681,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelighted View Post
I woke up very early yesterday morning so I went out on the balcony with my coffee to sit and wake up a bit. I could hear a coyote howling -- what an eerie sound when everything else was so quiet.

I hear them every night here. One was in my back yard early one morning eating a prairie dog. I like hearing them howl and yelp.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I hear them every night here. One was in my back yard early one morning eating a prairie dog. I like hearing them howl and yelp.

When I was a little kid living here we used to hear coyotes ALL the time but, of course it was a WAY smaller town and more empty land than now. I always liked listening to them. I like to listen to wolves howling too. A coyote got one my cats one time and I, pretty much, hated them for a long time after that but I got over it. I still like to listen to their howling and yelping.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
For those who didn't want to spend ninety minutes watching the debate last week, here it is in nine.

I watched it but this one was way better. lol Thanks for posting it.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:39 PM

3,759 posts, read 4,274,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I don't 'get' how people can STILL be "undecided" about who they are voting for. It's not like they haven't had nearly two years to figure it out. Personally I see a LOT of voter apathy around here. So many people I know don't pay one bit of attention to politics and couldn't care less. Especially the younger ones. They say they are more concerned with their "daily lives and surviving" so don't pay attention. You'd think they would be the ones MOST concerned. The other day on break at work I asked the group that was at the break table...about 7 of us...how many would be voting. Only me! They were all from mid 20s to mid 40s and not voting!
LOL. Even my 90 year old father who is more than slightly forgetful is planning on voting for "the Democrat" even if he cannot remember her name. I honestly don't know of anyone who is not intending to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Retirement